April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Foundations - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Foundation

rated 3.6(2086 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this is a really good foundation. I aplly with a stippling brush. It truly is invisible!! I do not use this on my nose though since it is oily, I use a very matte foundation and a whole bunch of oil controlling things there. If you wanna see my oil control routine, go check out my baby powder review! Anyways, this foundation on my normal skin areas lasts all day, and does not get oily or slide around or cake up or anything! Also, this is silicone based so use a silicone based primer. You will see better results.:) it looks super natural and makes your skin look healthy. OH also, the coverage is great for hideing dark acne scars.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by IRox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I took this on holiday with me for I knew i`d be in humid,warm weather. I took to the pool with confidence. It`s a must have if you`re in a heated environment. If you want long lasting foundation then this is the one to have. My skin is very sensitive and it did break out a little. I would love it if MUFE would invent a foundation or concealer that`s kind to sensitive/spot prone skin. All in all a massive 5 out of 5!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by jjquan

This is my HG! I know that it's a little more expensive, but I find myself always coming back to this one. It doesn't budge, it doesn't make me break out and it stays put all day long! This is a medium to full coverage foundation. I find, for myself, I need set it with powder - only because I have combination to oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My other HG foundation with Kate Von D tatoo foundation. I reaaaaaaally love it. It's my skin, but...better! Really light on the face, medium coverage when used with hands or light coverage with a beauty blender. I love to apply it with my fingers for a night out for a more heavy coverage, or with my beauty blender for a airbrushed look.

For work, what I do is that I use 2 pumps with half a pump of Kate Von D foundation and blend it with a beauty blender. I get the perfect color and the perfect coverage without being TOO much.

I put on my primer, then this foundation, then Elf HD setting powder and ta-daaa! Flawless look :)

I'll definitively repurchase. I only wish it lasted longer for the price, because I find it quite expensive!

Edited: Just a note, I wish that this had a better lasting power :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by gottsteph

It's ok. I like my foundation to cover my acne scars and it did ok. Probably won't be repurchasing it (too expensive) I rather use my Mac Pro long and Estée Lauder double wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I had always wanted to try this foundation after all of the youtube hype, rave reviews and general curiousity. I finally got around to trying this and this didn't act very glorious in my opinion. I usually have normal/oily skin in the summer months and during the winter I can go almost borderline dry so I usually go for something with more of a natural finish or glowy finish rather than the mattes like Revlon's colorstay I use during the summer. I tried this for over two weeks and it didn't work the way I wanted to. On initial application my reaction was more like "I've put on foundation and my skin tone is even", rather than "My skin is looking really good with this on", which I have experienced with many other MUCH foundations before. For example, true match lumi (although not great in staying power), Revlon colorstay, Covergirl 3 in 1. After about 4 hours I noticed noticeable fading, some scars were starting to come through and (I have never had this happen before with ANY foundation I've tried) it started to break up along the side of the nose area and looked like a caked up mess, and I know the days when I put on a lot of fdn and this wasn't one of them. I hate seeing people with that on their face and now I was one of them?? NUH UH LAST STRAW HD FOUNDATION. So I won't be purchasing it (I only got about 2 weeks worth of a sample)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by lanaqashani

after reading the rave reviews of this product on the sephora website, I ran out and bought the whole collection (primer, foundation, kabuki brush and finishing powder) and I have to say I was disappointed. Firstly it was way too expensive for what it is and secondly it doesnt stay on well! I have 2 young children so I dont have time to keep touching up my makeup so I was looking for something that would stay on for at least a few hours. too expensive and too much effort applying primer foundation powder for something that doesnt last. im sure i could find a much better product for less. the reason I gave it 3 is that its a good match for my skin and looks nice for the short time it lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wateverblahblah

This is so far, one of my favourite foundations reason being,1) it doesn't break me out 2)super good coverage for my blemished skin.I decided to try the HD foundation after using the MUFE super matte loose powder (i love this).I got the shade in #118 which i find one shade too dark for my skin at the moment.(118 is prob my summer shade)
The product does stay on all day on my skin (even in summer) but i have noticed after several hours it does oxidise and leaves a darker look on my skin.
When used with primers,it gives different effects on the skin.I have tried Shu Uemura UV Beige mousse ,hourglass mineral veil primer and a Japanese brand Clearlast makeup base.In comparison,i find it better when i don't put any primers.Only the Japanese brand makeup base leaves the best finish and looks SO GOOD in photos.
I think whatever primer you use with the foundation might affect the results of it overall,so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Good foundation. For reference, I'm about an NC20, fair yellow-based asian. My shade in the HD foundation is, 120, which is pretty much perfect, maybe a TOUCH dark but it's basically perfect. I'm combination- I get VERY oily in my T-zone, but flaky & dry in lower jawline & sides of cheeks. Worst combination, ever. -_-

Pros:
- Thin, light consistency
- Easily blended
- Buildable Coverage
- Great shade range
- Doesn't get patchy or accentuate dryness
- Hydrating
- Natural finish

Cons:
- Gets very oily after a few hours, no oil control
-> That subsequently affects longevity. It doesn't become patchy or fade off ungracefully but the oils definitely makes the foundation slide around a bit, even with primer (hourglass) and setting powder (maybelline dream matte).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by cakedup82inmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love it.. but it broke me out after one use. I'm glad it was only a sample I was using and I won't be purchasing this. my mom on the other hand loved it and hasn't had any skin problems with it so far. guess its just one of those products that's great for one person and not for another.. another problem for me was the smell. the finish was nice though and the color range is decent. just wish it hadn't been harsh to my skin sensitivity