April 19, 2014 | 1768 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by bumbly

I switched from Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation (also wonderful) to this. The coverage with this is on the lighter side but is definitely buildable, and feels very light on the face. Its very expensive, but I find it to definitely be worth the price. My skin def feels healthier when I wear it. Took off one point just because it doesn't seem to hold up as well in heat as the Shiseido does- it kind of slides a bit. You would definitely need to touch up if the weather was very hot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by shirininx

I use liquid foundation on a daily basis, so I do throw out cash to get quality stuff. Over the years I been searching for the perfect foundation for me. Unfortunately the Shu Fluid Foundation is not quite 'the one'. It's a little heavy which leaves a cakey look. Also it doesn't work well when skin is dry.

On the other hand, it's long lasting, hides blemish and pores. I found this to be a nice party foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

For reference: I am between NC25-30 (NC30 is just way too yellow and a bit too dark for me and overall mac shades just don't work for me.)
    I've tried quite a bit of foundations from: Mac, MUFE, Lorac, Prescriptive, etc. I prefer sheer to buildable medium coverage foundations and was told this one would work. Anyway I was matched up to 564 (medium light sand 564 - neutral undertone). At first when I tried it at home I thought it was a bit too neutral (almost pink ish) but they day after I tried out again on a cleansed and exfoliated face it matched perfectly. I've been using for about 2 weeks now and have no issues with breakouts or it making me look like an oil slick. On that note I am oily to normal skin type and this does not make me look any oiler. It does help a bit to maintain my tzone shine free. I also use my fingers to apply this foundation and I only use lose powder on my under eyes to set my concealer. It sort of has a powdery finish but yet still a healthy glow if it makes any sense. Overall pretty happy with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by eliciahs

The product has very good coverage, no need to use any concealers anymore. It has a very natural finish and definitely worth the buy. It also stays on for quite awhile (I tend to have oily face) and its hydrating. In fact, i think its even better than the nobara stick !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although I'm not an expert on liquid foundations, and tend to prefer compact foundation for the convenience it offer, I can pretty much be sure this liquid foundation gotta be one of the best available out there! It has very good coverage yet gives a very natural look to the skin, does not make you looking like you are hiding something. When you test it on the back of your hand and spread it evenly, look closely, you can see the pigment does not get trapped in between the creases and does not make your skin looking dry, so it does not accentuate any fine line while applying it on the skin. Actually, I believe the ingredients in the liquid foundation "softens" out fine lines through reflection.

I can basically skip using concealer on some minor blemishes if I have any. It does not look heavy or matte, blends extremely well with my Asian skin tone. It's not too thick or creamy, but does not dry my skin out at all. Staying power is excellent, very comfortable on my skin, my skin can breathe underneath it. I had put it through many tests, in humid and hot weather in Asia, it does not melt away like other foundations I had tried, does not require frequent touch-ups.

Together with Shu Uemura's translucent colorless loose powder, it gives you a dewy glowy porcelain skin, no pores!!! So natural that as if you are born with such a beautiful skin. A very reliable liquid foundation. I Love Shu!! Thanks Tons!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by janho3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for YEARS for a decent, lasting, good finish fluid foundation. Especially since I have larger pores and sometimes dryer skin on my cheeks.

I finally found the PERFECT foundation with this. I apply it with a sponge (theirs) dry with a stippling motion and then blend. It makes my skin look perfect!

Couldn't be happier with this product and I hope they NEVER discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by sangria007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin with tendency to get oily t-zone. This foundation did well in Atlanta humidity and extremely well in Chicago winter for 10-12 hour on. No oxidation and stays true to color like all Shu makeup. For me this can go from sheer to a very buildable medium coverage with a natural polished look and without settling into fine lines. In fact, I love how my skin looks like it was airbrushed and my skin definitely feels hydrated and smooth when I take it off. I have used this with every foundation brush I own and with the Beauty Blender sponge; with the sponge offering a more semi-matte finish. I find I don't need to powder so much with this and looks great on its own. I am about an NC40-42, LSF 8 and I wear a 934 beautifully, but can also wear 734 nicely. Retails for $42 USD. I will def stock up since Shu stores will be closing soon in the US and don't want to bother with ordering online.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the best liquid foundation I've tried so far. I've stopped using liquid/powder/cream foundation for years due to my oily/acne skin. Now, I'm 29 considered hormonal acne. So, my regular foundations were Bare Minerals and currently still Glo Minerals (the best minerals foundation). I don't use the Shu on everyday basis, more of a going out kind of event, cos I don't want to clog my pores. Overall, the application is so easily glide on, feels good on the skin, doesn't streak, no oxidation and the coverage is natural to medium. I love the coloring as well. I guess, since it's Japanese brand, it matches well with Asian skintone. Most US or European foundation, I find it too neutral or too pink, ashy beige. I have yellow undertone skin and use 964 and 934 (3:1 ratio). Although 964 is a bit too light for me, I can also mix it with Armani Fluid Sheer #10. Actually 764 is quite a match, too. Coloring starting with 7, is more of neutral undertone, pretty versatile. I really wished they came with 954, could be a dead match for me. It's non oily as well, which is important for me. Not drying either due to the deep sea water. Really really good foundation! I'm very happy with this purchase. You can control the amount from the pump, perfectly designed. I will buy it again. PS: Looks good on camera, too which is another plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great range of colours (I use 784 and I am very pale) but too drying. It has a sheer to medium coverage. Average to mediocre foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by k8folly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a foundation junkie, I have looked high and low, far and wide for the best foundation. And I've tried many. This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. I have normal to dry, sensitive skin, and the coverage, finish and shade are exactly what I am looking for.
    Coverage - can be light to medium. I use less than a pump for my entire face, and that gives me just the coverage I like.

Finish - because I'm on the drier side, I do not need to use powder with this. It takes about 30-60 seconds to "dry" down, but then it is perfect. The finish is not flat unatural matte, but it has a nice and subtle glow that makes it look so natural. Also, it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything.

Shade - I'm a neutral NC/NW15 and 784 is a great match. It could be a hair lighter, but I am the only one that notices that. I've asked others, and they say it is perfect.

Packaging - nice sturdy, sanitary pump. Easy to see how much product you have left.

I had many compliments when I'm wearing this foundation. This is one I will finish and repurchase. Because Shu is leaving the US, I will buy another bottle before they go. This is my HG. I recommend it to everyone.