November 28, 2014 | 1823 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Morrocan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this just to see what all the hype was about and I instantly fell in love with it! It's so amazing and leaves my hair feeling extremely silky and looking very smooth. My hair gets greasy quite quickly so I was a bit hesitant about putting oil in my hair but it was fine. I also find it works best when I let my hair dry naturally until it is about 70-80% dry and then I put the product in and blow dry. I'm not sure why but my hair just feels silkier this way.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, a lot of people seem to love this stuff. I purchased this against my better judgement because it was very expensive and I kind of knew it was going to be a dud. I have colour treated hair and I usually apply serums before blow drying. The size of the bottle was tiny, but then, so is the serum bottle, so not much difference there (except the price). I applied the oil to damp hair and set about blow drying my hair in its usual straight design. My serum would usually leave my hair looking sleek with a few flyaways that I would slick down with some hair putty. The Moroccan oil left it looking like I had applied no product at all. I had a couple of choices - wash my hair again and apply serum to blow dry or put my hair up for the day. I chose to wear my hair up and decided to try and slick it with the Moroccan Oil whilst it was dry. It did a half reasonable job of making my hair look shiny, but there are so many products that can do the same thing at a fraction of the price. An expensive waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

This is such an amazing treatment! Yes, it is pretty expensive, but it lasts for such a long time and unlike a lot of other products it doesn't make your hair greasy! My hair stylist put this in my hair and said she's never had anyone return it, and I fell in love with it. I have such thick hair, and its medium-long in length, she literally took the lid off and poured it in her hand and applied it. All that and my hair wasn't even greasy, but soft, shiny, and healthy. I brought this along in my suitcase when visiting my mom, and noticed it leaking. So I now have it in a plastic bag, which is unfortunate since the price. But I will continue to repurchase this for a long time! I've had mine since November 11' and its more than half full!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Tshank777

Good stuff definetly changes hair from dry thirsty damaged hair to moist and healthy hair. The price is pretty pricey but you really don't need a lot. The bottle would be better if it wasn't glass for travel.all in all it is very good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Directioner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: makes hair softer, smells good :)
CONS: expensive, sometimes leaks :(
COMMENTS: I got this from a hair salon because it was reccomended, and I really like it, I actually got sad when it ran out. It makes my hair really soft and makes it smell fantabulous, plus it gets rid of almost all my frizziness! I love it, the only problem is it sometimes leaks from the lid somehow, and it's a little expensive but to be honest, who cares? This stuff is amazing. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Moroccan Oil, but there are some things you should know about it before you buy it. In no way is this PURE argan oil. This is primarily a silicone-based frizz serum (and a pricy one at that) with some argan oil in it. It has a really pleasant smell that's kind of earthy and musky without being too gross and hippie-like. It works primarily by filling in imperfections in the hair shaft and smoothing and sealing the hair cuticle. This leads to the super silky hair that we all desire. It doesn't repair the hair (once a hair splits, it's spit for good, this stuff can temporarily stick it back together though). I've noticed that I use this stuff heavy-handedly for more than a few days in a row my hair will start to feel sort of gunky with build up. The cure for this is a good clarifying shampoo! I know it sounds like I'm being overly critical of this product, but I really do love it! It makes my hair super shiny and soft and it's great to use before any kind of heat treatment. You just need to know what to expect with this stuff before you buy it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When used sporadically - this oil (silicone) treatment can really work wonders on dry hair (mine is slightly dry - in no way "french fried", but uber fine and color treated.)

Pricey for what it is. Can build up so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Directioner1O1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the smell of the product and I put it on in the morning because my hair is frizzy and it's amazing!!! It gets rid of frizziness and dryness. It's a little expensive but it definitley works good, but sometimes it leaks from the cap down the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

I was excited to try this product, but it is full if silicones. It worked initially, but after a month or so, my hair got really dry and did not respond to the product anymore. I think a lot of it was the buildup left in my hair. I have ordered some pure argan oil and trashed the moroccanoil.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

EDIT: I no longer use this. It really is just a glorified cone serum with a droplet of argan oil in it. It does nothing beneficial for the hair, it just smooths it with all the cones to make it seem like it really works. Every time I didn't use this my hair became brittle and dry again. It was like my hair was withdrawing. I now use products that are actually beneficial to my hair such as AG Fast Food leave in and Bonacure Sealed Ends. Also, don't like the smell and it's too pricey for what it is!
I have been using this for about 3 months now and it has become my HG hair product. I have never used a hair product that actually made my hair look as amazing as it claims to do. Also, it works every single time I use it, so I can rely on my hair looking its best every time I use it.
I've converted many people to moroccanoil and none of them love it any less than I do. I bought the pump bottle size and I have the travel size one. You only need a teeny bit ( my hair goes a little past my shoulders) but i do use it ALOT. I use it as a leave in, as a heat protector when I straighten my hair, I mix it in when I deep condition and sometime just with my regular conditioner. I also mix a few pumps in with my hair dye when I dye it at home. I love that it has so many uses and I can really tell that it has improved the condition of my ends! Another thing I really love is that when I use it before I straighten my hair it stays straight- even if I'm super sweaty or its humid as hell.
Since I've fallen in love with moroccanoil I've branched out on the different products in the line and I now use the Shampoo and Conditioner ( the moisture repair ones, I alternate between these and the Suave Almond and Shea which is amazing as well), the hydrating styling cream- which I like to mix with some of the oil and then use, and the hydrating mask ( which I also mix with the oil sometimes).
I will never ever be without moroccanoil again! I highly recommend it. I know there are many dupes out there and I have tried several of them but the moroccanoil brand is the only one that performes this way. I highly recommend you give it a try and if for some reason you do not like it just return it! A+++

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No