July 31, 2014 | 1058 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This will conceal anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rarely have to reapply. The color matches so well. I couldn't believe the quality, considering I've tried everything from dream mousse to physician's formula. I use this in conjunction with my advanced radiance liquid foundation and NYC powder. It makes for a full coverage look.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by jay45

Went on smoothly, however, felt really watery and did not have much coverage at all. I found it really hard to blend this and could not find a shade that matched my skin at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by erilo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It went on very smoothly...but I had to blend with my fingers.
Didn't really cover anything up either.
I tried to put it over my dark circles
but some of the skin under still showed and it just turned a lighter purple, like a lighter bruise.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Never liked that one. Very cakey, choice of color is so-so, I HATED the packaging, it's very messy and not hygienic at all.
I don't recommand it...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cover Girl makes several different concealers for different skin types (Normal, Combo/Oily, and Dry). The CG Smoothers concealer is the one they recommend for people with Dry skin on their website.

The CG Smoothers concealer in the shade Light has been my favorite concealer for the past 4 months or so. I use it occasionally to cover hyperpigmentation and old acne scars on my face but I use it mostly for my undereye area. The coverage is great and the texture's very creamy for a stick concealer. On my skin, it isn't cakey and it doesn't settle into fine lines. I prefer to use my fingers to apply because the heat of my skin helps warm up the product and makes the blending process easier.

The part I love most about this concealer though is its finish. It's slightly dewy. I know some people consider "dewy" to be anything that gives your skin a glow, including shimmery products. Not me. To me "dewy" products contain no shimmer; instead, they give your skin a slightly moist appearance, like you've just moisturized your skin or been out walking in the morning dew. As someone with dull, dry skin, I can't do matte; that would be overkill, so I like how the dewiness of this concealer freshens up my undereye area and makes it look more hydrated and healthy.

Due to the nature of my skin, I don't need to set this concealer with powder and, indeed, I prefer not to in order to preserve the dewy finish.

I tend to prefer stick and cream concealers to liquid concealers, and other brands of stick/cream concealers I've tried are Maybelline (stick), Revlon Beyond Natural, wet n wild (stick), New York Color (stick), MAC Studio Finish, Max Factor Pan Stik (which I used as a concealer), and the e.l.f. All Over Cover Stick. Compared to them the CG Smoothers is creamier, dewier/less matte, non-cakey, and less prone to settle into fine lines.

My only complaint is that I wish these concealers came in more shades. The CG Smoothers in Light is just the tiniest bit too pink for my yellow toned Asian skin. I know that CG makes a yellow shade in Neutralizer but that's more of a corrector and it's much lighter in color compared to Light. Someone fairer could probably get away with using Neutralizer as a concealer but not me (NC20). continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Disappointing..this did pretty much nothing for covering blemishes. It's almost as if it just glides off. I cant blend or add so this went back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am going to start this review out by saying I have tried SO many concealers from high end to drug store from Bobbi Brown to MAC and Clinique and nothing works better for me then this one!
I dont like that it comes in a stick cause I dropped it one day and the whole thing got all muffed up so what I did was depotted it like a lipstick and put it in a little circular pot container and use a brush to apply it then smooth it out with my fingers.
I have tried many concealers for under my eyes and they ALL crease into the fine lines that I have gotten :-( So I bought this on a whim about 3-4 months ago just to try and I was floored that it doesnt crease on me! My under eyes are pretty dry as of lately, for some reason my oily skin has gone dry but I still get a tad oily in the tzone so I guess you would call my skin dry combo sensitive acne prone LOL!
I have also on numerous occasions used it to cover acne and this is one of the only concealers that cover it completely with out making it more noticeable! Its hard to believe that it is a CG product!
I really recommend depotting it though. Use a brush to apply and blend out with your fingers.
I hope this helps someone out in their concealer hunt B-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this. This has been my go-to concealer for awhile now. The neutralizer color works best for my skin tone. To cover blemishes, I dab it on my skin. To cover dark circles, I swipe it under each eye then blend with a finger. This seems to work best. It is very creamy so it never looks cakey, just make sure to set it with a powder so it doesn't slide.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by haileybear

May work great for those with dry skin, but on my oily combination skin just melts off mid-day. Didn't work for under eye circles or blemishes. Color selection's also limited.

I find use for it for mixing with another drier concealer to match my skintone, but I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jhunter08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to have this at all times! It does wonders for my dark circles! the only thing is, is that it smears right below my eye. other than that I love it!