I have been using this cleanser for about a month now, its very good for sensitive skin no matter if your oily, because i have oily skin with blemishes and this helps to calm my skin. Takes make-up and sunblock off very well skin feels really soft after cleansing with this. I also use the facial toner thats excellent too really refreshs the skin, i follow with creme de la mer oil absorbing lotion and skinceuticals SPF20 sunblock. Believe me just by using the products i have mentioned my skin has improved dramatically. I don't use a moisturiser at night i just spray the toner as Dr Hauschka does not recommend using creams or lotions. UPDATE this product made be breakout after a while so i switched to fresh soy cleanser for a while which has calmed and cleared my skin.
This is a great cleanser/makeup remover. Since I started using the Hauschka line, I've gotten lots of compliments on my skin. The best part was looking at the first photos in years where my face didn't have an oily sheen on it. I don't work for Hauschka or anything; I'm just unbelievably impressed with their products.
HAUSCHKA IS THE HOLY GRAIL -
Let me preface this review by saying I am a consultant in the beauty industry and have tried every line out there - I do NOT work for Hauschka or benefit from this review in any way. I am such a huge devotee of this line because of what it has done for my skin that I must share (I already have converted family and friends)... THE KEY to benefiting from this brand is that you MUST use the entire system (at least the cleansing milk, toner, daily moisturizer, ampules, and eye cream) for NO LESS than 8 weeks. Hauschka's philosophy is that products should HELP YOUR SKIN TO HELP ITSELF. All Hauscka products help the skin to return to its natural metabolic state (after all the harsh chemicals and environmental elements we expose it to) - so that the skin can start to cleanse itself, moisturize itself. The line explains that your skin cells do this mostly at night time which is why Hauschka says NOT TO MOISTURIZE YOUR FACE AT NIGHT - gooping it up with product just inhibits the metabolic process the skin goes through at night.....Instead, use the ampules for the first two months of switching to this line - after that time period you'll see that you only need to cleanse and tone before bed.....
FYI, I had the DRIEST skin - (born with rosacea AND another skin condition that makes my skin bumpy). I started the Hauschka line 6 months ago...ONLY after TWO MONTHS did I really begin to see the difference. At that point I began recommending it to friends - many quit before the two month minimum because they lacked patience...they wanted great skin overnight...for those who kept with it, the difference was amazing...All of them, all around the two month mark wake up one morning to explain "OH MY GOD, MY SKIN IS AMAZING"...then, I get the thank you call....I sound like a stubborn bull telling them not to quit like it's some kind of diet!!!! Only because I work in the industry do most of the people trust me to continue onward...So girls, if you decide to try any Hauschka products, you can't just use ONE. The system works together- the products are all organic, natural, and work in tandem with each other - think about it: you CANNOT use products LOADED with harsh chemicals and then use one or two of the Hauschka products and expect to get the full benefit. So, my philosophy is to invest in the following for the best results:
(1) This AMAZING Cleansing Milk - cleanse morning and night (it is NOT soapy and will not strip the skin of its own moisture)...it gently removes impurities and is very very mild...work it in all over the face in circular motions and to remove heavy eye make up, place extra around the eyes wiping off the cream with a cotton pad)....I hear Elle MacPhearson LOVES this moisturizer (that's actually what got me to try the line)....
(2) DEEP CLEANSING CREME 3-4 times a week - Right after Cleansing milk at night, DON'T scrub it in, just PRESS it into your skin around your face for about FOUR MINUTES adding drops of water to keep it pasty....then rinse off.
(3) Either Toner (clarifying if you're prone to breakout or the regular one that is more moisturizing) - the spray is so refreshing (kinda stinky but you learn to love it after a while because it's so natural).
(4) DAILY MOISTURIZER - for the MORNING ONLY....THE best moisturizer in the world (if you're REALLY DRY, you put this moisturizer on FIRST, then layer over top either Hauschka Quince or Rose creams) - they work together with the DM for perfect moisture balance.
(5) Translucent Bronzer - *OPTIONAL BUT AMAZING -....all I have to say is that Madonna doesn't leave home without it - one pump in the palm of the hand (or 1/2 if you're fair skinned) mixed with one or two pumps of the Daily moisturizer, mix in palm, and distribute over face. Makes you glow....even guys comment on my skin when I wear this instead of foundation. Yes, the madonna thing is what got me to try it to (I saw that like a week after I read the Elle MacPhearson comment and that's when I headed to Sephora to buy it all).
(6) EYE CREAM (not the Eye Balm...i felt that one was too greasy) - this cream one is new to the line and works well under concealer (doesn't crease your make up) I use it day and night, even though I think night isn't absolutely necessary....love it.
(6) AMPULES - I get the regular (nonsensitive skin) one and use for 1-2 month periods or when I'm stressed or feel my skin undergoing change due to travel or lack of sleep, etc....works amazing. You use it instead of moisturizer before bed....just cleanse, and instead of toning, put this stuff on....may not seem like enough for about one month...THEN when you start to see your skin so soft in the morning when you didn't put moisturizer on before bed, you'll become a TRUE fan. Takes about 1-2 months for this to happen.
If the fact that I took so much time to write this super long review doesn't convince you to seriously consider this line, then you're missing out.
Also, the Hauschka Facial Steam Bath is awesome and the masks are TO DIE FOR - if you're oily use the clay one (it made my skin dry...then i realized it wasn't for dry skin!!)...I am a huge fan (and many of my friends love these ones too) of the Rejuvinating mask and moisturizing mask...if you don't believe me, just look at the other reviews!
Hope this helps someone to really great skin - I know that if someone had the experience i had, I'd want to know too!!!
I'd love to hear if you guys love it, so feel free to email me. :))
Beautiful, gentle and natural cleanser. Removes makeup and softens skin. You will not believe the difference you can achieve to your skin by using Dr. Hauschka. It is a great line to try if you have sensitive skin which needs serious TLC.
Great winter morning/ post makeup-remover cleanser. my dry sensitive enjoys the softness and gentleness of this cleanser. love the scent of most Dr.H products! The only thing was that the glass bottle is not travel-friendly, the cap was broken when i first opened it. I will still repurchase.
I decided to try this wash after I've fallen in love with their lip stick. I am sorry to say that I was a little disappointed. Maybe it's because I was setting myself up for disappointment. My skin is over reacting to something right now, but it's usually combination. I live on the west coast, and I purchased this product because I was visiting the freezing mid-west and needed something to moisturize my dry spots. After three uses, I found that it was too heavy for me. I felt like I couldn't completely wash it off. And so I guess that it did moisturize my chapped spots, but it only made my t-zone even more oily than usual. I did really like the scent. Perhaps they will me something stronger for sensitive, acne proned combination skin.
At first, I was a bit sceptical with respect to the alcohol in this cleanser, because generally, my skin can't tolerate that. But I must say, I was wrong! This is morphing into my favourite cleanser, since I felt like a break from my Dermalogica routine. I like the way in which it cleanses well, but still leaves skin soft and protected. I also love the smell of Dr. H products.
After trying so many cleansers over the years, I would have to rate this as one of my favourites. It just feels so clean on my skin and hydrating on my skin. The smell is quite natural which is important to me. I can't stand using product on my face that makes me smell like a perfume factory afterwards. I think that all products that do are bad for you. This is all natural. It gets my makeup off without a problem and I have a nice glow of the skin afterwards. I use this at night and use the cleansing cream in the morning. I don't use their mosturizer as I felt they were not active enough for my skin. Their cleansers are great!!! I highly recommend this to anyone and not just for sensitive skin types.
I find this cleanser quite gentle, in fact too gentle to use at night, when you want to remove make-up, all the day's gunk, and prepare your skin for night creams.
However, because of its gentleness, it makes a FABULOUS morning cleanser. You don't want to wash your face with a strong cleanser twice a day (just like washing your hair everday with a strong detergent shampoo will cause an imbalance in your scalp).
The frangrance really wakes you up, and the cleansing milk does not strip you of all your facial oil.