November 29, 2014 | 996 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 3:33:00 AM More reviews by betises_lau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This leaves my thin, dry and sensitive skin so soft and clean!!! Its texture is hard to define lightweight yet dense (you can truly smell the vegetal active ingredients in there, plus a hint of alcohol), and definitely leaves your skin replenished.

As to its use, please bear in mind this cleansing milk is not a normal cleansing milk. You are supposed to dab it on your wet face, then do the press and roll movement, and finally rinse away with a damp cloth. I am pretty sure anyone skipping the rinse-off will end up with clogged pores. I was very reluctant to doing it, but it has not dried my skin at all, though it is very dry in that area and has fine lines. The milk can also be applied on a damp makeup pad to remove eye makeup. This works wonders and has not caused me any irritations or allergies (I am blue-eyed and wear contact lenses, a pretty sensitive environment).

As to packaging, I give it 5 stars. I love the glass pump dispenser: it is ECOLOGICAL, and protects the product from air damage. Not ideal to travel, but I can live with that.

As to its effects, no critics at all, my skin is clean, healthy,and I know I am not putting any dodgy chemicals on my face, while ecouraging an ecological company that plans every manufacturing step to respect the earth. Coupled with the full method (cleansing cream, lotion, moisturising milk and the occasional steam bath and mask), a perfect way to take care of your face.

This milk costs me 12 US$ bought online in Germany, making it a very affordable cosmetic line for anyone living in Europe.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by fmindikoglu

Altough I like the Hauschka brand I dont like the cleansers. This milk didnt clean my makeup, after using this i had bronzing powder remaining on my face. also i tried cleaning my eye makeup like the other reviewers but nothing irritated my eye like this, i actually cried. and it made my skin red around the eye. i wont buy again, i switched to weleda cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

This stuff is gorgeous!! I don't use it to take off mu 'cuz it just doesn't. I use my normal face wash at night to take off all my mu, then use this, then only this in the mornings. I don't need any kind of moisturizer after I use it, and have gone down to using avene only every other night, putting nothing on my face alternate nights. My skin seems to like this much, much better. Using this method, and avon's Alternative Intensive Age Treatment SPF 25 during the day, my skin is responding really well, becoming much more even and smooth with less oil (uber oily skin) and smaller pores. The texture is so soft and silky, albiet a little thinner than I'm used to. Definitely a milky texture. Doesn't foam or suds up either which I'm perfectly willing to get over. Not crazy about the rose smell he has in everything, but it's very soft and non-offensive. Love the pump, but a huge glass bottle?? YIKES! I'm terrified I'm going to drop it in the shower and might end up transferring it to another container, especially for travel. I still am just in love with this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by eam531

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I've been using these products for several months, and I've decided to go back to my beloved Sothys products for sensitive skin. While I really like the ethos of Dr. Hauschka's line, several of the products have too much alcohol in them. When I would sweat, the moisturizing skin cream would get into my eyes and sting! That had never happened before; certainly not with my Sothys products! So I deleted some lippies and won't be buying again. Betsy 4/15/07

This is a review of the whole Dr. Hauschka skin care line.

Thanks to ProductGuru's long review, I decided to re-try Dr. Hauschka's skin line. I'd tried the kit for sensitive skin and liked it a lot, but didn't take the plunge and get the full-sized products (this stuff is quite pricey). So anyway, I pried open my wallet and with trembling hands, plunked down an enormous wad of cash for the whole line. My reaction, after a few weeks of exclusive use:

Dr. H. is THE BOMB!!!!!!!! HG all the way. I use the daily cleanser, cleansing cream, toner, daily moisturizer, eye cream (in the tube), the ampules for sensitive skin, and the revitalizing mask. All I can say is, this stuff is incredible. My skin is actually pretty decent anyway--although I have rosacea, it is pretty mild, and I don't tend to break out--but I have rather large pores on my nose. Well, after using this line exclusively, I swear they are SHRINKING! Nothing else I have tried has made my skin look this good. I can only imagine how it will look in two months, which is the length of time ProductGuru says it will take to see lasting results.

One good thing is that I won't be using the ampules for ever; the recommendation is to use them until that your skin is normalized (6-8 weeks) and then after that, you only need to use them a few times a year, like when the seasons change. This will cut down on the price. Like others, I was a bit skeptical about only using the ampules on my face at night, but my skin feels fine when I wake up, and I never really liked night creams--my skin is not dry and they all are too heavy. I don't know whether I will still feel this way in winter, but right now, the ampules are working quite well.

I absolutely agree with ProductGuru's advice to use the whole line; you won't get the same results if you use it piecemeal. I know it is expensive, but when I look at the Sephora and Bliss catalogs and see the prices for many of the creams and potions for sale there, I don't feel that Dr. H. is outrageous in comparison. I also really like the philosophy behind the product.

In short--terrific products, I am totally delighted with the results, and now I know I have found the skin care line that really works for me.

Betsy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Anna_in_Sweden

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful. I have sensitive skin and this works on my skin without irritating it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by duducat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from whole foods and used in the morning and I liked it. But there are many other cheaper cleansers as good as this, so I don't think I'll buy the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by nyamyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this cleanser. It smells great, it's natural and gentle. It leaves my skin feeling soft and I follow Dr. H's advice to use no moisturizer in the evening. I don't feel dried out after cleansing. The blackheads on my nose have cleared up tremendously. I do not need much makeup and since using Dr. H products I have gotten many many compliments on how great I look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by ahemler

I honestly believe this cleanser turned the quality of my skin around. I was skeptical at first because I started using it in the winter, and then warm temperatures came and I assumed I would start breaking out because of the humidity. However, so far I have not broken out at all... I have no cystic pimples at all, if I have any at all they are small whiteheads due to me resting my hand on my face.

I have been using this cleanser in combination with the Cleansing Cream and perhaps this combination has been successful in clearing me up. My skin has never looked better, though! I will leave the house without makeup on and be confident in myself!

Thank you Dr. Hauschka. Granted the products are expensive, but there is a reason-quality ingredients, all good for your skin.. nothing reactive. Think about it this way--spend 30 bucks on this cleanser for a couple months and stop eating all that nasty junk food, fried food, drink filtered water... the natural way is the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2006 5:57:00 AM More reviews by seasaildu

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the Dr H line, and the whole regime works for me like nothing else. I give the regime a 5, but the individual products are less perfect. When I'm on the regime, I use this milk every night to remove makeup. It's soothing and gentle, and if you massage it in for a few minutes, it takes everything off except eyeliner. It leaves my skin calm and cool, and ready for sleeping w/o night cream (as Dr H requires). I like the light herbal/floral smell of this, but I HATE the bottle. It's too big to cart around easily, and being glass, can break. The pump is hygenic but means you can't use all of the product, and sometimes the pump gets stuck. It's an expensive cleanser, especially since you really need to use it with Cleansing Cream as well. But, I find myself going back to the whole regime once or twice a year, when I can afford it. I have sensitive, dry skin, and nothing else calms it down like this does.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by JP67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the Dr H. range for about three weeks now and am finding that I get a reaction to the products. I use the cleansing milk, toner and moisturiser (by day only). I bought the rhythmic night conditioner in the hope of seeing some improvement but am still disappointed. Don't know whether to persevere or not... so has anyone else experienced the same reaction?