Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.9

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 1/8/2011 4:49:00 PM

I got this mascara as a sample with some purchase. Well, being a bit of a fan of EL products, i was expecting some Wow-effect with this mascara, but it turned to be a quite mediocre mascara. No lengthening effect for me, just clupms on the lashes even with one layer. I must say that eventhose drugstore mascaras i tried (IsaDora, MaxFactro) didn't cause this mess. So...I am surprised and won't buy EL doubleWear mascara in full size.

By the way, it was my second EL mascara, the first one, Sumptuous, didn't impress me either. So my conclusion is that mass market mascaras may give even more effect for less money.

on 1/7/2011 3:32:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara of all times!

after trying other Estee Lauder products and being quite satisfied, I decided to try this mascara.

It really does not smudge at all - not even after a long day of work. It lengthens as well, not in a an overly dramatic way but perfect for a nice makeup for daily use.

the brush is not the best though, the mascara tends to clump a bit at the tip of the brush, but other than that it does the job perfectly.

a musthave in my makeup pouch!

well first up I think I would have given this product 3.5 lippies, as it holds curl extrememly well on my straight asian lashes. So far, it is the only mascara to hold a decent curl for me. My lashes are relatively long, black, but very sparse and thin, and this did nothing for me in terms of thickening. Lengthening was also very minimal. The brush was very easy to use though, and it didn't clump.

Though the curl was good, I don't think I can afford to fork out the money to buy it, I am sure there are other brands that could potentially hold the same curl for a cheaper price :)

If you have straight, thick lashes, you should give this one ago. Also, make sure to curl your lashes before applying :D

on 12/2/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This mascara stays on all day and does not smudge. This is the best mascara for no transfer and smudge free wear. However, it does not do much if you are looking to add thickness. Lengthening, yes, Thickness, not so much.

on 12/1/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really did not like this mascara. It lengthened nicely but did nothing for volume and it definitely flakes and smudges on me. There are a lot of drugstore mascaras that I have tried that work better, such as last blast and mid-end brands that are way better, such as clinique. I would never buy this product but it was worth a try as a free sample. I am just highly disappointed.

on 11/26/2010 8:43:00 PM

I got this as a free gift and I must be in the minority when I saw I do not like this mascara. It clumps like no other on me (no other mascara has EVER clumped on me - my first clumping experience). However, I do give it props for the pigmented color (very nice dark black), it does not budge or smear at the end of the day, and the packaging is pretty sweet - a dual primer on one end and the mascara wand on the other. I wear this mascara to work when I am too lazy to wear makeup just to emphasize my eyelashes (although I am stuck combing through the suckers every morning to get those clumps out).

on 10/27/2010 1:24:00 AM

This mascara does exactly what it claims; it lengthens and separates very well. I like the shape of the wand. It is thin and long, very easy to get to all the baby lashes and very good on the bottom lashes. I find it impossible to have clumping with this mascara. It separates every single lash and makes you appear to have more lashes than there actually are.
I would recommend this mascara to anyone who wants length, separation, and natural looking lashes. It is good for work, interviews, and occasions where you want to appear fresh and awake, but not so right-in-your-face with your makeup. However, it's also impossible to build up volume with this mascara, no matter how many coats you apply. I do use another mascara on top when I want to add a little bit of volume.
The only reason that I'm not giving it a five is that it flakes a little. Just a little, but still disappoints me quite a bit because I don't expect high-end mascaras to flake at all. I've rarely had a problem with flaking before so this is quite a surprise. Other than that, I find this mascara living up to its name.

on 10/24/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HG.

I've tried a lot of mascaras, high end and drug store. I can honestly say this is the best. Packaging is the best (just the right amount of mascara on the brush, distributed evenly and cleanly).

It does not smudge AT ALL.
It does not clump.
It does not flake.
Easy to remove.
It has lengthened my lashes the most dramatically out of all that I've tried.

i've found that if i wait a while (say 2 mins) between primer and mascara application, that gives me the best results.

I love it.

on 10/23/2010 5:27:00 PM

Good mascara if you're looking for a sophisticated, clean and classic look with stamina (who isn't). This mascara applies easily with a no-fuss brush and stay on all day and night while it removes as easy as a regular one. No extreme length or volume but if that works for you, then this is a decent buy.

on 10/21/2010 6:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love this! I got this as part as a special travel case, which also included a Signature Lipstick, a blush and four colors of eyeshadow. Fell in love with it from the moment I started using it. We went to Greece and one my concerns is my mascara melting down during warm days. (or hot nights LOL) Especially when clubbing at night, I notice a lot of mascaras just running all over my cheeks. Not this one!
It does as it says: lenghten and separate, without any smudging.
I ended up going to bed without taking off my makeup and when I woke up, all makeup ended up on my pillowcase, except for the mascara.
When I run out, I'll absolutely buy again!