Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

3.8

Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/, Ammonium stearate, Aqua, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Bentonite, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1, Butylene Glycol, Camelia sinensis, Caprylyl Glycol, Carmine, Cera alba, cera carnauba, Cholesterol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 19140, CI 77288, CI 77492, CI 77499, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, ethylhexyl acrylate crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, hydroxyesters acrylates copolymer, Isostearic Acid, Kaolin, Laureth-20, Macadamia integrifolia, Manganese Violet, Mica, Panthenol, PEG-100 Stearate, phenoxyethanol ()iron oxides (CI77491, Polyaminopropyl biguanide, Polyvinyl acetate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Simethicone, Stearic Acid, Sucrose Distearate, Titanium Dioxide, Tromethamine, Ultramarines.

on 2/20/2011 10:35:00 PM

Review of EL double wear smudge free mascara
I got it for free in the Estee Lauder "gift" for spending $$ on something else. So on to the mascara. Yeah, it sucks. I pulled out the wand and there was so much mascara on it - a goopy thick mascara - and I wiped and wiped it off on the rim of the tube but there was still sooooo much on the wand. Annoying.
So I knew it was going to be a slop-fest but I proceeded anyway, (hey- it's free mascara!!) with a dry wand on hand to clean up the tablespoon of mascara I knew was about to be deposited on my poor, unsuspecting eye. So even after wiping off the EL the wand, mascara smeared all over my eyelid when I tried to use it at the root of the lashes, which is a must for me, as I have blond eyelashes. Because the process was so messy, it got on my upper water line and in my eye and it burned. My husband was laughing at me.
It smells like paint thinner, BTW. Great Lash by Maybelline does not burn when I have accidents with it. Neither does lash finder. See, I have to get right to the root, wiggle, and pull up to cover the blond roots without a hot wet mess in there. I think this wand is not working for that technique.
But think about it, if paint thinner is the best smell that they could come up with, with all of the scents that they probably used to try to cover up the more than likely worse smell underneath the paint thinner smell, then WHAT is that stuff made of? I know, conjecture.
Still, it was free, so I've lost nothing out of my pocket. I think I will experiment with it some more and in combination with other mascaras. But I will definitely not put it near the roots of my lashes. I will leave that to a better wand/ formula. I speculate that it will still be useful in some fashion or another.

on 2/20/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great mascara. It gives some volume and it really does make your lashes appear longer. Good staying power, although after a while this makes my lashes clump together and that is not a pretty look at all.

on 2/7/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a free gift for buying so much Estee product. I liked how it made my lashes look but I wasn't crazy about how they felt. It left them stiff and "crunchy". I found that I kept fooling with my lashes with this stuff on. I will not buy it but won't turn it away if it comes with another free gift.

on 2/3/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm reluctant to give this mascara a four or a three, because I firmly think this deserves a rating of 3.5. I have never used a mascara as infuriating as this one, because whilst it is perfect beyond belief on my bottom lashes, it has an annoying way of making my upper lashes look thin and spindly. It clumps them together - not making them 'clumpy' as such, but sticking them into long and black spiders' legs. Coupled with the fact this mascara is as black as black could be, it isn't an altogether unattractive look; but it's not perfect. One wants lashes to be lush and thick as well as long. On the bottom lashes, it really lengthens, for the wide-eyed doll look.

Removal is harder than with many other mascaras. Rather than melting off with cleanser, this sheds fibre flakes, and not incredibly easily. You need a good make-up remover.

On the plus side, and the reason I may repurchase, it doesn't smudge, it lasts for hours, and doesn't irritate.

on 1/28/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Finally, I have found a mascara that will not give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I've found some that were close, but would still have a little smudging. Not with this one. And I love how it coats my lashes so beautifully. Natural looking, yet still makes a big impact. I prefer bigger brushes, but that is my only con, and I can live with it!

on 1/8/2011 4:49:00 PM

I got this mascara as a sample with some purchase. Well, being a bit of a fan of EL products, i was expecting some Wow-effect with this mascara, but it turned to be a quite mediocre mascara. No lengthening effect for me, just clupms on the lashes even with one layer. I must say that eventhose drugstore mascaras i tried (IsaDora, MaxFactro) didn't cause this mess. So...I am surprised and won't buy EL doubleWear mascara in full size.

By the way, it was my second EL mascara, the first one, Sumptuous, didn't impress me either. So my conclusion is that mass market mascaras may give even more effect for less money.

on 1/7/2011 3:32:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara of all times!

after trying other Estee Lauder products and being quite satisfied, I decided to try this mascara.

It really does not smudge at all - not even after a long day of work. It lengthens as well, not in a an overly dramatic way but perfect for a nice makeup for daily use.

the brush is not the best though, the mascara tends to clump a bit at the tip of the brush, but other than that it does the job perfectly.

a musthave in my makeup pouch!

well first up I think I would have given this product 3.5 lippies, as it holds curl extrememly well on my straight asian lashes. So far, it is the only mascara to hold a decent curl for me. My lashes are relatively long, black, but very sparse and thin, and this did nothing for me in terms of thickening. Lengthening was also very minimal. The brush was very easy to use though, and it didn't clump.

Though the curl was good, I don't think I can afford to fork out the money to buy it, I am sure there are other brands that could potentially hold the same curl for a cheaper price :)

If you have straight, thick lashes, you should give this one ago. Also, make sure to curl your lashes before applying :D

on 12/2/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This mascara stays on all day and does not smudge. This is the best mascara for no transfer and smudge free wear. However, it does not do much if you are looking to add thickness. Lengthening, yes, Thickness, not so much.

on 12/1/2010 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really did not like this mascara. It lengthened nicely but did nothing for volume and it definitely flakes and smudges on me. There are a lot of drugstore mascaras that I have tried that work better, such as last blast and mid-end brands that are way better, such as clinique. I would never buy this product but it was worth a try as a free sample. I am just highly disappointed.