November 28, 2014 | 946 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by cloudzz

This mascara does exactly what it claims; it lengthens and separates very well. I like the shape of the wand. It is thin and long, very easy to get to all the baby lashes and very good on the bottom lashes. I find it impossible to have clumping with this mascara. It separates every single lash and makes you appear to have more lashes than there actually are.
I would recommend this mascara to anyone who wants length, separation, and natural looking lashes. It is good for work, interviews, and occasions where you want to appear fresh and awake, but not so right-in-your-face with your makeup. However, it's also impossible to build up volume with this mascara, no matter how many coats you apply. I do use another mascara on top when I want to add a little bit of volume.
The only reason that I'm not giving it a five is that it flakes a little. Just a little, but still disappoints me quite a bit because I don't expect high-end mascaras to flake at all. I've rarely had a problem with flaking before so this is quite a surprise. Other than that, I find this mascara living up to its name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

HG.

I've tried a lot of mascaras, high end and drug store. I can honestly say this is the best. Packaging is the best (just the right amount of mascara on the brush, distributed evenly and cleanly).

It does not smudge AT ALL.
It does not clump.
It does not flake.
Easy to remove.
It has lengthened my lashes the most dramatically out of all that I've tried.

i've found that if i wait a while (say 2 mins) between primer and mascara application, that gives me the best results.

I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good mascara if you're looking for a sophisticated, clean and classic look with stamina (who isn't). This mascara applies easily with a no-fuss brush and stay on all day and night while it removes as easy as a regular one. No extreme length or volume but if that works for you, then this is a decent buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this! I got this as part as a special travel case, which also included a Signature Lipstick, a blush and four colors of eyeshadow. Fell in love with it from the moment I started using it. We went to Greece and one my concerns is my mascara melting down during warm days. (or hot nights LOL) Especially when clubbing at night, I notice a lot of mascaras just running all over my cheeks. Not this one!
It does as it says: lenghten and separate, without any smudging.
I ended up going to bed without taking off my makeup and when I woke up, all makeup ended up on my pillowcase, except for the mascara.
When I run out, I'll absolutely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara. I discovered it when it came as part of a free gift. It does lengthen and separate well. I say that I won't purchase the product because I don't believe in paying that much for mascara. There are cheaper mascaras out there that are just as good and better. ETA: After many trials, I discovered that this mascara causes my eyes to tear badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

this mascara is in my top 5 most favourite of favourite mascaras ever!!!! best length and volume in two coats!!! great seperation too!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried an experiment. I applied this to one eye, and another mascara to the other. Slept in them. Next morning, the Double wear hadn't budged, but the other had flaked down on my skin.

I also like the shape of the brush applicator. It didn't deposit a large glop of mascara. Course, I always remove excess right after application with a clean, dry old mascara wand. I never throw those things out - they're good to tough cleaning jobs too, e.g. between tines of a fork, around the faucets etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Almost perfect mascara. It stays put, does not smudge or crumble, reasonably resists sweat and humidity, and is easy to remove with just warm water (which I absolutely love, as I can happily forget about eye makeup remover; especially useful when traveling). My only complaint is that it does clump a bit, so I need to be careful to wipe the brush and apply just a small amount, which is why Iīm only giving 4 lippies.

EDIT 15/01/2012:
After trying a couple of other mascaras, I am raising my rating of this mascara to 5 star and going to buy it again. I simply did not realize how much I liked it until I bought some other mascaras (my aim was to save money, after all, I have never used HE mascaras before so I thought what the hell). Especially one of those that also have high rating here (Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care, just for reference) eventually upset me by rubbing on my upper eyelids during the day (I hate that self-conscious "do-I-have-four-eyebrows?" feeling), and at the same time, by how fiddly it was to remove. That is where I finally gave my old DoubleWear the full credit.
Yes, DW might be tricky to apply at first but once done, it is absolutely faithful throughout the whole day, until late night, during exercise, anytime and anywhere (maybe except sauna:)). Also, it goes off like charm - provided you are aware of two important facts:
1) It is ONLY removable with either just plain warm water (the way I use, and love), or a special eye make-up remover (by EL). You cannot remove it with ordinary stuff, not even oil-based remover (or better said - you can, but certainly not so effortlessly). It is actually written on the little box the mascara comes in, but I think the sales reps should notify customers explicitly...
2) It falls off your lashes in sort of tiny chunks which you may find a bit gross at first. However, consider the benefit: It never gives you panda eyes, ever, not even overnight, if you are not careful enough to remove every last bit!
Apart from that, I never experienced any irritation, or noticed losing my eyelashes - it is just a perfect, fuss-free mascara for me, and oh by the way, the tube is very elegant AND one of very few that looks like new even after a year, no wiped or smudged letters, no mess around the tube neck... All that being said, I think I am not going to stray again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Borovichka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very pigmented, very black mascara (Iíve got it in 01 Black), does the job as far as lengthening goes. If you apply it with the primer it will give you some volume as well. Brush is a little longer than usual, very good for separating and lengthening. The best part with this mascara is that it will stay all day on your lashes, it does not smudge whatís so ever and it does not flake. For me a lot of mascaras smudge by the end of the day, some in a few hours but this one definitely stayed put and made my lashes dramatic. The only thing with Double Wear mascara, it makes your lashes a little bit stiff to the touch, I donít care about that so much, but a lot of people do. It is also very hard to remove, you will have to use very good eye makeup remover in order to take it off. Very good overall for every day if you are working long hours. I recommend using it with primer to keep your lashes conditioned, comes in brown and other versions of black colors. Will repurchase, recommend over Dior Show.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by marippe

my mom had asked me to stop by macy's one day to get her some more perfume (estee lauder white linen), and i got some free gifts with the purchase. one of them was this mascara, double wear zemo smudge, and a lash primer. I have always been a fan of estee mascaras, and this one is pretty good too! definitely lengthens my lashes, and zero smudging/flaking throughout the day. i just wish it was a little more volumizing! overall it's a great mascara that i may think about buying once i get through my dior & mac ;)