April 24, 2014 | 1859 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jac487

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used. I've tried a ton...mechanical, pencil, MAC, Cover Girl, you name it. This one is by far the best! I rarely use Maybelline products, but I read reviews on this and gave it a whirl. It rocks! I just really hope they never discontinue it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ahagen2010

Used to be my go to brow pencil until they discontinued it in darl brown and medium brown was a little too auburn for me so I do not purchase this anymore but I would suggest it to anyone who can find a shade that works for them bc it's a great pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this pencil in Dark Brown, for a couple of years, to outline the bottom and "tail" of my brows. It's super cheap, and comparable ( I actually think better) than MAC brow pencils. I just read, here on MUA, that the dark brown pencil is discontinued. It was a little too dark for me, so I'll be trying the dark blonde pencil. I hope it workout for me, because I really love this pencil.
Very Dark Brown Hair/ NC50
***EDIT UPDATE 04/12/11***
Dark blonde is definitely NOT a dupe for the dark brown color. It's nowhere close to it. The dark blonde color is a light, taupe color. Anyone with very dark brown eyebrows will not have success with the dark blonde color.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brow pencil ever! For you MUA's out there upset by the dark brown being discontinued, try the dark blonde! Read on... I too was devastated when I discovered the dark brown was discontinued, however out of desperation and thinking the whole line was discontinued I picked up the only two colors left at ULTA, dark blonde and medium brown. Surprise! The dark blonde was a perfect match! Way better than the dark brown, which I now realize was too dark. The dark blonde is a quite pigmented and ashy brown/very dark taupe pencil that works perfectly with my sparse dark greyish brown eyebrows! The medium brown has to go back as there is just way too much red in it for me, but i can see it working perfectly for redheads. Aside from color, this pencil is superior to all the others I've tried, HE and LE, because the tip is so fine, the color stays put, and no fading! My brows look like my brows...only better. You can actually, and easily, feather on the tiniest hairs that look quite natural. Dark blonde is my HG all the way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product lasts me forever. I think it even lasts me longer than the MAC brow pencils. This stays on all day and comes off easily when I wash my face at night. These pencils have saved me a ton of money on buying the MAC version. The colors from MAC are only slightly nicer, however, the colors from Maybelline come VERY close. I won't buy the MAC one again unless they lower the price to equal or lesser then ten dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by simplyclaire18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my favorite eyebrow pencil for the longest time. I've continued to buy this pencil since the first time I've tried it. Since maybelline has now discontinued my favorite shade DARK BROWN, i'm very very upset. I've spent so long looking in stores for that shade, and now relized on their website it's discontinued, seriously what the heck?!? this was literally the only shade that worked perfect for my eyebrows... the medium brown had a red tone to it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by amedelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had dark brown hair for years (dyed) and I decided to go for my natural colour, dark blond. I had been using a Lancome brow pencil (can't recall the exact name) in a dark brown and I liked it (not having experience with other pencils before. So now that I'm a blond, and I didn;t have the cash for Lancome, I decided to pick up something at walmart. I picked this on a whim and I'm so glad I did! I LOVE it! It works so much better than the wooden pencil I was using before. I love how small the pencil is and that it screws up rather than sharpening. It's a perfect match for my eyebrows, and it's very affordable. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mamakat5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me, I have tried it all from most expensive to this. I can not believe I have been going to the Ulta store and paying $25 or more when this was out there. This is better than those others, it applies better and stays on just as long. I have no hair on my eyebrows, it looks better than those expensive ones. I had permanent makeup put on years ago, I do not have them touched up because I think it looks so fake but I do have an outline to go by. I love this product and will never spend more money for less product again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by liveandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair is black, so it can be very difficult to find a decent and affordable eyebrow pencil that isn't harsh by being too dark or has too much red or auburn in it. The wax in these pencils is firm, but pigmented. And, as others have stated, it stays on all day!

Dark brown is a good match for my hair and skin, but when I want to go with a very natural look, I use the color Dark Blonde - as it's a very cool-toned grey taupe (kind of similar to MAC's Copperplate) that looks quite natural.

My only complaint with this product is that I find the brush at the end to be pretty worthless. The only thing that would make this better would be if it came with a spoolie, but other than that it's definitely a HG product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by koolnpink69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybelline why did you discontinue this in "dark brown"??? I am so upset, because that was the only shade that actually fit my brow color and that goes well with my skin tone. I am using the medium brown but it doesnt go well at all with my brow color or skin tone. I am going to have to transition to another brow pencil. Sadly I enjoyed this formula and the long wear it has, but I am not going to walk around with light eyebrows. It's too bad, theres a great amount of shades for light toned skins, but now there are not many selection for dark toned skin. I am very upset.