MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

4.2

on 2/22/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm on the fence with this. I know this is the right color for me bc I've tried other colors but when worn alone, this makes me look super ashy! When I use it to set my foundation it looks better but still a lil gray :(. I do want to give it a shot with my revlon CS but if that doesn't work I'm either gonna chuck it or give it away......

on 2/20/2011 10:01:00 PM

It covers beautifully without looking cakey. I think it does decent job by keeping face matt for quite bit of time. Quite happy with the result. Will purchase again.

on 2/20/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Great powder.- It works great over my foundation and concealer and it doesn't make me look grey or sallow by the end of the day.

on 2/1/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use different powders (Laura Mercier for photography) for different purposes, but have found that for my personal use this is the only powder I will use. After having spent fortunes on high-end foundations, only to be disappointed after a few weeks, it has occurred to me that it really doesn't matter what brand foundation I use, if I finish it with MSF....put it on in the morning, and NOTHING MOVES for the entire day.

Not sure how it would work for professional (ie photography), but for every day (and night) it's great.

I am not a huge fan of all Mac products, but this one is truly terrific.

on 1/21/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have nothing negative to say about this product. It's just great! All the hype surrounding it is totally justified. It looks extremely natural and is buildable to create decent coverage - mind you it is marketed as more of a setting powder, so it's not meant to cover blemishes - that's what concealer is for =)
Since my skin's pretty okay right now, it does its job in terms of evening out my skin tone, as a powder foundation. I also use this to set my liquid foundation and it works amazingly. I love this product and will continue to repurchase this for as long as I'm able. This is one product I would recommend to anyone.
For Reference: I'm usually an NC35 but have gotten paler than I've ever been due to my serious lack of sunlight. So I think this would work with NC35 and under...(???)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Won't repurchase. Started making me oilier and more pink after oxidation. I have since turned to MAC's careblend powder. Loving it.

on 1/12/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I have an overall even skintone, with a couple spots in there of of uneveness. I don't use foundation by recommendation of a MAC makeup artist and this was suggested. And it was one of the MAC must-have products for me! It's a great product and for the most part, it's my foundation + powder all in one! It is a bit on the pricier side, $26, but worth every penny and lasts a really long time!

on 1/11/2011 5:22:00 PM

I got this in Light/Medium and it's perfect. I use it alone or to set foundation. It has good coverage and lasts a good while. I will be purchasing again.

on 1/1/2011 1:52:00 AM

I have bought this again and again. Use it alone when I want a minimal coverage or over normal foundation to set it. Gives my face a nice flawless finish either way. Absolutely a great value for the money. I use a kabuki most of the time to apply it. I would note that it is best not to use this like a loose powder since it does provide slightly more coverage.

on 12/31/2010 10:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I guess I'm the odd one with this product. This didn't impress me. I didn't care for the finish or performance.

EDIT: The trick to this is apply with a very light hand, otherwise it can look cakey and that's what I didn't like. I was applying waaaay too much. This works great with MAC Face & Body foundation.

on 12/25/2010 11:34:00 AM

I LOVE this powder it is wayyyyyy better than all the powders i have tried.
I either rub it on with a puff, buff it on my skin with MAC Buffer Brush or both!
My HG by far!