October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I use different powders (Laura Mercier for photography) for different purposes, but have found that for my personal use this is the only powder I will use. After having spent fortunes on high-end foundations, only to be disappointed after a few weeks, it has occurred to me that it really doesn't matter what brand foundation I use, if I finish it with MSF....put it on in the morning, and NOTHING MOVES for the entire day.

Not sure how it would work for professional (ie photography), but for every day (and night) it's great.

I am not a huge fan of all Mac products, but this one is truly terrific.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nothing negative to say about this product. It's just great! All the hype surrounding it is totally justified. It looks extremely natural and is buildable to create decent coverage - mind you it is marketed as more of a setting powder, so it's not meant to cover blemishes - that's what concealer is for =)
Since my skin's pretty okay right now, it does its job in terms of evening out my skin tone, as a powder foundation. I also use this to set my liquid foundation and it works amazingly. I love this product and will continue to repurchase this for as long as I'm able. This is one product I would recommend to anyone.
For Reference: I'm usually an NC35 but have gotten paler than I've ever been due to my serious lack of sunlight. So I think this would work with NC35 and under...(???)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Won't repurchase. Started making me oilier and more pink after oxidation. I have since turned to MAC's careblend powder. Loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by midorisour03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I have an overall even skintone, with a couple spots in there of of uneveness. I don't use foundation by recommendation of a MAC makeup artist and this was suggested. And it was one of the MAC must-have products for me! It's a great product and for the most part, it's my foundation + powder all in one! It is a bit on the pricier side, $26, but worth every penny and lasts a really long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by BeTheChange

I got this in Light/Medium and it's perfect. I use it alone or to set foundation. It has good coverage and lasts a good while. I will be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I have bought this again and again. Use it alone when I want a minimal coverage or over normal foundation to set it. Gives my face a nice flawless finish either way. Absolutely a great value for the money. I use a kabuki most of the time to apply it. I would note that it is best not to use this like a loose powder since it does provide slightly more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm the odd one with this product. This didn't impress me. I didn't care for the finish or performance.

EDIT: The trick to this is apply with a very light hand, otherwise it can look cakey and that's what I didn't like. I was applying waaaay too much. This works great with MAC Face & Body foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by misschloe97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder it is wayyyyyy better than all the powders i have tried.
I either rub it on with a puff, buff it on my skin with MAC Buffer Brush or both!
My HG by far!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first mineral MU product, and first powder (apart from bronzer) from mac. I have to say i am really very impressed.

This is my routine:
1. Cleanse/moisturize
2. mac prep and prime primer for face.
3. mac tinted moisturizer.
4. nars orgasm illuminator and mac concealer
5. light dusting of this mineral skinfinish

and honestly, this creates the most beautiful, beautiful skin. I have tried countless combinations of foundations, primers and powders, but nothing works like this.

mac skin products are really amazing, i dont even look like im wearing makeup, because the TM is so sheer and dewy.
this is now part of my HG routine, i would recommend this to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 5:27:00 AM More reviews by silverstring

Love love this product! I could wear this by itself or use it as a finishing powder. I like the natural finish and the lightweight feel on my skin, it doesn't irritate my skin at all. I bought mine back in July of this year and I just hit pan this month, and to think I use it every single day since I got it. The only thing that I don't like about it (and it's not that big of a deal really) is it doesn't come with a mirror. I wish it has the same packaging as Mac's compact/creme foundations, I think it would be a lot more convenient. But other than that I have no other complaints, I just love this product and I can't wait to get a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like the smooth texture of this powder and the amount of colour it deposits on the skin. I have found that it can look ever so slightly orange on my NC25 skin, so I might try it in Medium as well and have both in my stash.

I apply the powder with my ecotools blush brush when it is slightly damp and i buff it into my skin. It feels silky on and it is good at setting any liquid foundation - be careful though, when setting foundation with a coloured powder keep in mind that it will make you appear around a shade or half a shade darker.

Anyway, I like this best on bare skin for a nautral look.