September 3, 2014 | 1392 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance, Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so I got this as a gift as I do with most primers. I don't really think its necessary for me. All I really need is a base to make my eyeshadow pop it pretty much just lasts on its own as I have dry skin. I think its one of those things that seems like you NEED to have it but I think its only necessary if you have oily lids otherwise you can just use a base which is much cheaper and works better I would spend the money to purchase it if I needed to as it works wonders for my best friend who has oily lids but it just isn't for me. Nothing bad to say about it other than mine had liquid that ran out as I opened it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is an upstart eyeshadow primer fast becoming as popular as the old stalwart, Urban Decay primer. I tried it first and it is a smoother, more liquid formula, but also gets watery and I personally needed to put more on to have enough and get it to dry. My eyeshadow still creased a bit. Urban Decay primer is a thicker formula, but requires less, dries quicker, keeps eyeshadow on longer... and is obviously better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by PFLovee

I absolutely LOVE this eye primer. I use it everyday, and trust me.. a little goes a long way. The tube may look on the smaller side, but it honestly lasts me up to 5 months if I don't go overboard with my applications. The price is a little high for my poor college-student budget (18$) but it is so worth it. I apply it in the morning and my eyeshadow is still exactly the same at nighttime when I'm ready to wash my face for bed. I have even gone swimming with this on and my eyeshadow only faded a tiny bit (without rubbing, of course). I can not live without this primer. I have finally found the HG for my oily eyelids. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by nykkat

I got this primer in my Too Faced Sweet Indulgences Palette that they were selling at Sephora. The palette itself was a great deal, 52 dollars for 2 blushes, 2 bronzers, a highlighter, this primer, and 12 eyeshadows (i could be wrong about the number of eyeshadows, but that's not the point.)

This was my first experience with a primer, and I was disappointed. While squeezing the tiny tube onto my fingertips, a whole bunch of watery oils came out, then the primer, which had a watery finish. I felt as though I had to use more primer to get the job done, therefor running out of it easily.

To be honest, my makeup only stays on for a maximum of five hours after applying the primer, and my skin is by no means extra oily. I would definitely not recommend this product. I am giving it a three because I have surprisingly used eye primers that are worse.

I'd stick with the UD primer :p

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by fayray00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this primer. My eyeshadow lasts all day (and night in some cases). I've fallen asleep with make-up on after a drunk night and when I woke up the next day, my eye make-up is still there. Only reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 stars is because the watery-oily solution separates while in the tube and if I don't keep it standing cap side down, I get a bunch of oily crap coming out followed by the primer. Yuck. Even though this is my go-to primer for the moment, I think I prefer UDPP only because it does even out the redness in my eyelids better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by misfitroses

This product lasts me all day i have no issues with it. Its very creamy, the price wasnt very bad i paid $7.00 online. I really love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally tried this out because the UDPP was packed really stupidly. That's changed now luckily. But going back to this, i think it's a good primer. Keeps e/s well in its place. I really have nothing bad to say about this. It's worth a try. I'll be buying a second one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MzCat

I love this primer. I am already on my third tube. I actually tried UDPP first and finished a tube of it before TFSI. I liked how UDPP made my shadows pop and kept everything longlasting, but I find that it is easier to blend the shadows when I use TFSI. It's probably just personally preference, but I think both products are wonderful. I just like TFSI a bit more of myself. My lids are not too oily, but never really dry if that helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by blythylively

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is my anti-smudging hero product! I was contemplating between this & urban decay's and I'm really really glad I chose this. my eyelids are extremely oily and does not hold any eyeshadow/liquid eyeliners well, always end up with smudgy eyes and my eyeliner will fade off by end of work day. Before I use this, I use Chanel's Ombre D'eau for years which works well for me for glittery eyeshadows and works well to bring up the colours very well and holds my eye makeup on. but I have an issue when I want to use matte eyeshadows as Chanel's glittery in nature. TFSI is fantastic and really holds my eye makeup even after 10 hours, my painstakingly applied morning eye shadow looks as fresh as it is when it's makeup removal time. I'm really amazed and it's the best saver for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MorganSamborsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product because of the hype, I've always used UDPP and decided to try something new. To make a long story short I'm not a fan of the packaging because the product tends to separate in the tube and it's somewhat difficult to mix up. The worst part is that I use this on my bare eyelid (obviously) and the product itself actually creases.. It doesn't matter how much or how little I use, I have combination oily skin but in my opinion that shouldn't matter considering this product was supposed to be helpful. I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it was really frustrating. I love Too Faced powder products but I've had nothing but problems with their primers =( I definitely would not recommend this product, and I'll be sticking to my UDPP. ALSO side note, when I used this product higher up almost to my brow bone it accentuated very fine miniscule hairs that I didn't even know existed until this primer came along... I tried everything with this, using a tiny bit and increasing over time and I still had the same problems..