Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/10/2013 12:38:00 AM

I'm not sure about this. I purchased this yesterday because everyone raves on about how good it is. I'm still testing it out and so far so good. But why is this so runny?! It's seriously like water. I've tried shaking it and rubbing the tube in my hands to combine the mixture but still no luck. I'm reading that you just have to wait it out until you reach the good stuff but it's seriously wasteful!

But on the upside, this stuff does what it claims to do. Your shadow will stay put and look way better than it would without a primer at all. Creasing seems to be nightmare for everyone but I've really had any creasing issues to begin with. Before this I was using face of Australia eyeshadow primer and this creased like mad the second you put it on. As it's a lot like MAC prep+prime (texture wise), all it really did was make the eyeshadow "stick" to your eyelids. I would just pat the eyeshadow down over the crease and then blend away. And it would stay perfect for the rest of the day. My only issue with my face of Australia primer (or any other primer with similar texture) is that it can be quite difficult to work with. And I don't like the idea of pulling at my eyelids just to put it on. The too faced shadow insurance is a dream to put on! And it feels lovely too.

on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

One of the best eyeshadow or eye primers out there. I got it for 10 $ at ulta during their 21 days of beauty and even a free gift of sample honey by Marc Jacobs. It started a bit runny from the tube but then it was just when I opened it. Perfect for dry to combination skin, not sure about oily skin, maybe udpp is better for oily since it's of thixker consistency. Well I like too faced primer because it is light and helps my gel eyeliner stay on longer. Also I have sensitive dry skin, so no eye irritation and super light, I don't even feel anything when I use it. Doesn't have a bad smell and lasts pretty long for the price. Doesn't hurt to try it, it's as good or better than udpp depending on skin type.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I really like this. I have very oily skin and eyelids and this makes my eyeshadow stay on for hours with no creasing and minimal fading. I rub my eyes a lot due to chronic dry eye and I've never had shadow transfer onto my hands when this was on. Super awesome. I just hate that it's so expensive, but I've had the same tube for almost a year and it's still only halfway full. A little goes a long way...

on 10/4/2013 3:05:00 AM

Prefer UDDP to this. Find this really drying, makes my shadow crease and dosent last long or work well for me at all.

on 9/26/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily eyelids and skin so all my eye makeup would crease and melt off not long after applying it. I was SO frustrated. I thought it was because I was wearing cheap eyeshadow.
So,I went to Sephora in search of better eyeshadow. A helpful woman who worked there told me it's not my eyeshadow that's the problem,that I needed a primer. She put the too faced primer on her hand,applied shadow on top and on another part of her hand without the primer. OMG! It was like night and day. The primer made the eyeshadows color really pop out. I was sold.
I've been using it ever since,going on over year. I would never be without this product. My eye makeup stays in place all day and looks perfectly applied at the end of the day. I got a sample of the UD primer and well...it sucks compared to this.
If you're thinking about trying this primer go do the hand test yourself and you'll be sold too! I showed my Husband what a difference it makes and even he was amazed! The only downfall is the price but it lasts forever,I just recently bought my second tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was expecting it to be better since it is Too Faced, but i didn't find it to insure as much as I wanted to. I have oily lids by midday so I think i just need a stronger primer.

on 8/31/2013 7:32:00 PM

Meh, im not sold. The product doesn't exactly dry and stayed somewhat sticky so the eyeshadows had much difficulty blending and didn't apply evenly at all. Whats the point in having your eyeshadow stay on all day when it doesn't get applied correctly to begin with??? This was a total No Go for me and I was expecting a lot more from this after all of the hype. I prefer NYX & ELF to be honest. Not too shabby for under 6 bucks!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite primer. It blends really nicely and my eye shadow looks flawless all day long. No complaints here! However, I wouldn't recommend this primer to anyone with oily eyelids because the texture is a bit runny at times.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This primer was ok for me. I found that blending eyeshadows was a lot harder. I prefer urban decays primer potion

on 8/26/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good primer. I have very oily lids so a primer is absolutely essential for me, otherwise powder shadows crease within half an hour. TFSI makes the shadows crease-free for much longer, around 4 hours. I also use Urban Decay's Primer Potion. On my skin, UDPP lasts much longer, making shadows crease-free for around 8 hours. However, the consistency of TFSI is much thinner than that of UDPP, so it is much easier and nicer to apply evenly without tugging. Because of this, I tend to use TFSI during the day, when I'll only be out for a few hours or am not too bothered about slight creasing, and UDPP when I really want my eye make-up to look perfect, like when I'm going out or going somewhere important. Both UDPP and TFSI have the downside that they work a bit like glue, so they make eyeshadow harder to blend and they make some glowy/shimmery transparent eyeshadows look more opaque.