September 18, 2014 | 2101 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by emmaqj

I have found this oil to be great for my skin. I tend to use quite a few exfoliating products, including retin a micro, and this seems to calm my skin, make it softer and reduce redness/dryness. My skin is normally combination, with both break outs at times and dryness at others. This appears to create the right balance. I have only started using this in the past few weeks and started out slowly (once every two days at most), but am now using it close to every day. I have not experienced any breakouts from this, although I do think there has been some slight "purging," which I view as a good thing. As I have not traditionally used oils on my skin, I can't compare this to other types of oils and/or less expensive versions of argan oil. I suspect there are equally effective ones out there, but given my positive experience with this so far, I will probably wait a while before I venture out to others. As noted, my skin has been prone to breakouts at times, so I would not let a fear of this keep you from at least trying the product. In my case, breakouts are reduced (likely by counter-balancing what is probably over-exfoliation on my part).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by xClairex547

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this argan oil it does a great job of hydrating my skin and gives my skin a dewy glow. I like that this does not contain any thing but the argan oil (especially alcohol)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Josie Maran describes her 100% Pure Argan Oil as a legendary lightweight oil, grown organically in Morocco, is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. Use it as a fast absorbing daily moisturizer or to heal and condition everything from cuticles to split ends. Historically, Argan Oil has been used to treat acne, stretch marks, and skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis." I received a little 5ml (.17 fl oz) bottle in my January Ipsy Bag . Josie Maran offers three sizes of her Argan Oil, which ranges in price for $14 to $96. Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil is organic, vegan friendly, fragrance free, paraben free, and very beneficial to the Moroccan economy. Josie Maran products can be bought through the brand's website and at Sephora. Josie Maran claims that this oil is non-irritating, non allergenic, and clinically tested. This oil was harvested in Morocco.
My sample of Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil came in a grey box that offers lots of information on this oil, including some claims and a list of uses for this oil, as well as Josie Maran's personal beauty philosophy. The oil it's self is "housed in a recyclable glass bottle" with a dropper. The Josie Maran logo and product name are printed on the brown bottle. Both the bottle and the box are recyclable.
Not gonna lie, I was pretty skeptical about Argan Oil. Companies are putting it in EVERYTHING lately, I've even seen a hairdryer that was "argan infused". I always take the trendy new "miracle" ingredient with a grain of salt (and so should you). I tried Josie Maran's Argan Oil for all the suggested uses. I tried it in my hair and it made it horrendously greasy. I tried it on my face and didn't feel like it was any more or less effective or beneficial than your average moisturizer. I tried this oil on my nails and cuticle...and well, nothing can help them, they're too far gone. I was ready to give up on Josie Maran's Argan Oil, it just didn't wow me no matter how I used it. Before I truly gave up hope on this oil, I googled some other uses and found a website that suggested using Argan Oil as a lash growth serum. I gave it a soht and wow! My lashes seem much healthier, they don't fall out as often, so my lashes seem to grow longer and fuller than they did before I started applying Argan Oil to them on a nightly basis. My lashes also seem to hold a curl better!
I'm pretty pleased with the results I experienced when I used Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil as a lash serum, it's more effective than both olive oil and vaseline. Otherwise, I find this natural oil to be pretty overrated. I much prefer Bhringraj and Pequi oils for my hair, and I'm content with my current moisturizers, so I likely won't purchase this oil. If you're interested in Argan Oil, I encourage you to try the 15ml size, which sells for a wallet friendly $14. Don't let my kinda negative review deter you from trying Josie Maran's 100% Pure Argan Oil, it seems to work out for almost everyone, in one way or another.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by ssnyder324

Love this stuff. I was hesitant to try this because it is an oil and I have terribly oily skin. After reading some reviews on Sephora from people who also have oily skin, I decided to try it and it is now my favorite beauty product. It is seriously a miracle product for me--For both face and body. I bought the trial size for $14 at Sephora and next time I will buy a larger size. I use it in place of a night cream, a cuticle oil, facial moisturizer...It really is a lot of bang for the buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Jasonthelas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a male with dry acne-prone skin i can happily say this facial oil has dramatically helped my skin. I experience less break outs and my complexion is noticeably improved. I use it on my face during the day and at night i put 2 drops in my moisturizer; i wake up with very smooth skin. Results have been great and i almost depend on this product now. The only downside is the price, there are cheaper argan oil products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by cityskin

I've been using Josie Maran's Argan oil for almost a year and I love it! Before I used this product I used to get constant cystic acne, you know the ones that hurt so bad! So I traded in all my products (aside from Boscia's cleanser) and started over with this included. I began toning with Mario Badescu's Glycolic Acid Toner, moisturized, and sealed it with this Argan oil.

You have to be cautious about purchasing Argan oil as there are many who'll make them but it will not be in its pure form, which is necessary for getting the benefits, otherwise, you might as well slather any oil on your face. That's why I love this oil, it's pure yet so moisturizing. I am just so curious how they create this. Anyway, I love it!!! This product is a little on the thicker side so I use it at night and just a dab in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bwalker197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do love this product. I always buy the travel size because I don't find myself going through it quickly. I love to use a drop of this with my foundation to create a dewy look. My skin is oily and it has not made me break out. In fact, it actually does not make me look oily at all. Sometimes I'll mix it with my regular nighttime moisturizer and it does wonders in the morning. My skin just looks and feels so soft and clear. It's expensive, but if you do not see yourself using a TON (like myself), I'd say travel size is fine for $15.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MRMoy

I have been using Josie Maran's Argan oil for about a month now and I love it. I was concerned about trying the oil, but it feels so natural. I have had friends comment on the increased smoothness and even-ness of my face. I have horribly dry spots on my face during the winter (in combination with a sometimes oily t-zone) and this has worked wonders. I even use it on my scalp sometimes before bed!

I usually do not like to add products to my daily regimen, for fear that it will break me out. I had not problem adding this though. It has really given my skin an overall healthy look and feel, which helps me get over how ridiculously expensive it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ltsanas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with product and have been using it for over a year now. I do however have a true dry skin I probably would not recommend it for someone that is oily or prone to breakouts. To anyone that does have a dry skin this stuff is amazing and nothing else I've tried compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been on the hunt for my perfect night moisturizer and I think this is it. I have oily combination, clog prone skin. I was using tarts maracuja oil but I did not love it, so I decided to give this one a try and so far im loving it. Ive only been using it for a few days but no reactions yet. This absorbs into my skin really nicely and makes my skin so soft and I really like the smell. When I wake in the morning my skin feels soft and hydrated looks better and im not an oil slick, which makes this oil perfect so far. Love!