July 28, 2014 | 2081 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ltsanas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with product and have been using it for over a year now. I do however have a true dry skin I probably would not recommend it for someone that is oily or prone to breakouts. To anyone that does have a dry skin this stuff is amazing and nothing else I've tried compares.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been on the hunt for my perfect night moisturizer and I think this is it. I have oily combination, clog prone skin. I was using tarts maracuja oil but I did not love it, so I decided to give this one a try and so far im loving it. Ive only been using it for a few days but no reactions yet. This absorbs into my skin really nicely and makes my skin so soft and I really like the smell. When I wake in the morning my skin feels soft and hydrated looks better and im not an oil slick, which makes this oil perfect so far. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aidan83

not a bad product, but not as smooth as Clarins oil.
not worth it for the price.

I bought the traveller size to go on the plane.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by melllm

I like this for the winter months when my skin feels a little on the dry side. This does a great job moisturizing without looking or feeling greasy and my skin stays smooth and flake free all day long. This doesn't irritate my skin and hasn't caused me any breakouts. I just find this product a little too pricey for what it is so I don't really see myself repurchasing.
EDIT: After using this for over a month now I've had to discontinue using this. My skin has become a dry and flaky mess and to the best of my knowledge I believe this is what is causing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this product because my skin is so sensitive. I can't use things with silicone or glycerin and this is all natural. BOY WAS I WRONG! This thing broke me out like crazy!!! Since I don't want to return it, I use it on my hair, but I would not recommend anyone to buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by arielyn211

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was first introduced to Josie Maran via a sample in an ipsy bag I received. I immediately fell in love. Just a few drops, morning and night, and my face felt smoother than it had in YEARS! I was convinced I had found the fountain of youth. Three weeks into this love affair, however, things went awry. Suddenly, the skin on my nose began to peel and I developed a red scaly "rash" on both cheeks. I, for the first time, called a dermatologist. After a lengthy intake, I was diagnosed with rosacea, most probably brought to light due to the argan oil! I was, to be honest, only half listening to the explanation (have I mentioned that's this dermatologist was HOT?), but there was some mention of natural oil production being effected by the argan. I am now using metronizadole and Aczone to clear up the mess, and have been forced to retire my Josie Maran in favor of CeraVe. Sad to say goodbye, but I would be curious as to whether or not anyone else has had this reaction!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had recently discoverd Burt's Bees repair Serum with Attar of Rose. A friend gave it to me, because it broke her out. Initially, I used it for undereyes only, since I tend to have moderate dark circles on my very fair skin. I found it to be very softening, and the smell was very calming, with lavendar and rose at the base.

Since my skin is usually dry during the harsh winters, I tried some out on my skin. I found it to have the same softening affects, but it did aggravate my hormonal acne a bit. Fast forward to Josie Maran Argan oil, which I received in one of my Glam Bags.

The good: A little goes a long way. I use 4 drops on one palm, rub palms together and then pat and smooth them over my damp face, after nightly cleansing. I do not use anything else with it, besides a few dabs of witch hazel on my acne areas. Literally after the first use of this, I noticed my complexion was smooth and hydrated. I suffer from redness, and it has even slightly reduced my redness. After 5 uses of this, my skin is poreless, smooth, and flake-free! I did get one pimple after using it, but instead of panicking and stopping, I decided to use it normally 1-2 more times a s an expirement. I know, seems like a crazy thing to do! But my acne is reducing as it normally would when I applied lotion each night, so I'm hesitatnt to name Argan oil as the culprit.

The bad: Literally none. Despite being expensive, the price is not an issue for me. This little bottle will last me a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by musicat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in one of my glam bags. I have dry, flaky, sensitive skin and this has made my skin so soft and its not greasy at all. My skins texture is much smoother now and not flaky. A great moisturizer for the cold winter months!
Only downside is the outrageous price of the big bottle. I just keep buying the little one for $14 at Sephora. It lasts me long enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this due to a rave review on YT and I was really impressed with the appearance of my skin in just one application, I woke up with glowing skin. My love for this product abruptly ended after 4 days, this gave me about 3 nasty white heads. So disappointing for a product that really improved my skintone. Just a tip that has taken me years to realize, if your skin has broken out from oil in the past, just stay away and go for an oil free moisturizer. My skin is oily enough on its own, I should have known to stay away from this stuff after severe breakouts from sunflower oil, grapeseed, olive, and coconut.

If you are not acne prone with will probably be amazing for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by roor84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing broke me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No