November 26, 2014 | 1810 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - do not panic - this product is NOT being discontinued. I contacted Walgreens corporate - according to Shannon Sullivan (Purchasing Coordinator - Beauty - Skincare) this product is now going to be called "W Alpha Hydroxy Cream" and all that is happening is due to name change, there is going to be packaging changes NOT a discontinuation of the product itself - so no worries!!!!! :)

PS - This is my HG night time moisturizer - clear, glowing skin, no irritations, inexpensive - I don't mind the tub, so A+++++

7/14/09 UPDATE - I have had several nice gals ask me this question and so I'm adding it to my review: Unfortunately, I did not think to ask Ms. Sullivan if there was going to be a lag between the old packaging and the new packaging that would lead to empty shelves and if so, for how long, nor did she give me this info. I wish I had thought to ask. I guess it is going to depend on where you live (based on the emails I'm getting.) I have been to a couple of different Walgreens in the past couple of days and each had a few tubs of this still on the shelf, w/ no discount or sale sticker anywhere to be seen, yet I know other folks living in other places (I live in the Twin Cities) are having problems locating....

07/15/09 UPDATE - Due to the level of interest that has been expressed to me, I emailed Ms. Sullivan again this a.m. to find out what the lag time will be between the old packaging being sold out and the new stuff being issues. Will advise if/when I hear back.

11/03/09 UPDATE - well I never did hear back from Walgreen's corporate - o well. I did see 5 tubs at one of my local Walgreen's today, so some markets still have it on the shelf...:)

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I was so sad when I saw the review below saying it was getting discontinued. I ran to my local one and bought the last two even though I still have an almost full one at home. (Does anyone know how long the backups will stay good for?--Message me!) I use this every night before bed, after my witch hazel toner, and I have not seen my pores so small and unclogged before! I am in love! It's also seeming to help with the creases in my forehead. I don't know what I'm going to do when this is gone. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sabrinafabbott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LADIES!!! LISTEN TO ME!!! This product is being discontinued! Go buy all of them in your town. Right now. I am stocking up in Gainesville, Florida, so please don't guy buy all of them up today while I'm at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies RUN don't walk to your local Walgreens and buy this HG product! I suddenly suffered from two weeks of blemishes on my chin...seriously, I had a new pimple EVERY DAY!! I'll admit I've only been using this for 7 days, but I can honestly say, my blemishes- GONE, pores-SHRUNK, skin-LOOKING AWESOME, GLOWING!!! One thing that I've found to be VERY important is to simply use this sparingly and "pat" it on, do not RUB onto skin (this prevents any stinging, and my skin soaks this up instantly). One last thing, I didn't experiance any purging. UDATE 8/27/09-Happy to say I'm still loving this stuff! It can dry my skin a bit if I use too much, but other than that HG status fo me!!! I recommended this to a relative to was suffering from BAD acne! She purchased it and w/in a week noticed a big difference in her complextion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hi dear fellow MUA-ers -- I noticed this great set of reviews and THEN noticed the photo in the upper right here says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy CREAM", yet the title of this review says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy LOTION". So which one are you guys using -- the lotion or the cream? /// And/or does it not make a difference at all? ///////////

Thanks for clarifying this for the rest of us who are very interested in what you're saying here! XOXOXOX :-)

UPDATE: 7/6/09 -- A kind soul wrote & straightened out my confusion (see above), so afterwards I went online @ Walgreens only to find, as others have, that it's not available online. Thus I used the little "Contact Us" section in the Walgreens Online site & told them what I was looking for -- & voila! Very next morning a nearby W's store manager was already calling me, saying "I have 5 jars here: shall I save them for you?" And when I couldn't get there soon enough this same darling gentleman voluntarily drove 12 miles out of his way & brought them to me! (Is that Awesome Service Or What?!?....) Anyhoo, this Cream is a DREAM: do read on for what other MUA'ers have to say: I agree with all their great findings, for I've found the exact same, myself -- & in the nick of time, too! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

Just bought it. Took me a while to find, a lot of people were saying it was discontinued so I went to Walgreens in search of a similar product, and just as I was about to give up. I saw it on the bottom shelf in the corner of my eye! I washed my face and I've only applied it to my cheeks, chin area, and under my chin, and like the sides of my face. That's where I have little tiny ingrown hairs trapped and little bumps. It's not super noticeable, but I know it's there and it BUGS me! But yeah just applied it. It stings a tiny bit, especially if you have an open zit or sore or something. But, so far so good. I'll keep you guys posted. Let you know how it goes in a week from now! Wish me lucccccck!

Edited: I don't know if it was this or the Retin A... But my pores enlarged when I used this. BE CAREFUL

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lildreamer316

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for over a year and a half. It has worked with my BHA product to keep my face clear and also has worked wonders on my back to fade old acne/folliculitis scars. I also use it to control the small bumps I get on my forearms. Great all-over product; I went back to this after using the more expensive 12% AHA souffle - I did not notice a distinct improvement. For the price this can't be beat!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by HoldMyEarrings

Great simple product, really works. Lotion is unscented, a plus for me. Incedentally, the only moisturizer my husband will use, as it's not smelly and is "scientific".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkigreeneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember using this about 10 years ago when the AHA revolution first happened. Of course, I was 10 years younger then and probably didn't really need it. In any case, as the years went on, I became a bit of a product snob and spent TONS of money on high end skin care. I forgot about this product until I saw the reviews on here. I ran to Walgreens and bought some and guess what? It is pretty awesome. My skin feels great, some purging, but that's okay, and I spent only $5.99!!!! Try it ladies. You might just be surprised that you don't have to spend a fortune to get results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Took the advice here... purchased this two days ago and the plan is to wear it nightly. Already I notice a slight difference in the feeling of my skin. Can't wait to report back later and (hopefully) give rave reviews!!

UPDATE 4/3/09: It has been one week, and I have used this every single night. I have noticed immense difference, kind of. My skin is smoother, more supple, more fine-line free, and I also feel like the hydration has been boosted in my normally painfully dry skin. The cons are that I have not noticed a difference (possibly they have gotten worse?) in my scarring, my blackheads on my chin and nose, and also I have 3 extremely painful cystic acne. I knew that the purging was a possibility when I purchased this (thanks to MUA-ers) so I'm okay with it, as long as this is as bad as it's going to get. Will update again in 1 week!