Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCOLIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, STEARIC ACID, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SORBITAN STEARATE, SORBIC ACID, BHT, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After reading the glowing reviews for this product I went out of my way to Walgreens (I'm a CVS-er). I put this product on after I shower (and am not leaving the house) and/or at night before bed. This product spreads very easily, so little is needed. I sort of dab one finger into it and apply - usually takes 1 1/2 dabs to cover my face. It doesn't really have a fragrance to speak of. Initial application of this product will produce mild stinging, within a few applications it all but disappears. When I apply it to my face it sinks in after a bit and I feel dewy (I have combo/oily skin). I find if I pick at my skin - with a blackhead/blemish extractor after applying this product that things purge more readily. The overall result of using this product is more even-toned and refined skin. I find my skin much less blotchy, softer, and fewer blemishes. Note: Anytime you use alpha hydroxy products you are thinning the skin and making it more sensitive to light - sunscreen daily is crucial.

Additionally, I use this product on my upper arms where I have ___(i forget the name of the condition and I'm too tired to google), but it causes bumpy scaly little sort of dry skin bumps. This products sloughs them off and makes for normal feeling skin.

Totally true. I contacted Walgreens about this product. It's discontinued. HOWEVER, a lot of times when they discontinue products which sell really well, they are only changing the name and/or packaging of the product. Be patient, the product will be available again soon. Yippee. (I'm glad I stocked up)

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies - do not panic - this product is NOT being discontinued. I contacted Walgreens corporate - according to Shannon Sullivan (Purchasing Coordinator - Beauty - Skincare) this product is now going to be called "W Alpha Hydroxy Cream" and all that is happening is due to name change, there is going to be packaging changes NOT a discontinuation of the product itself - so no worries!!!!! :)

PS - This is my HG night time moisturizer - clear, glowing skin, no irritations, inexpensive - I don't mind the tub, so A+++++

7/14/09 UPDATE - I have had several nice gals ask me this question and so I'm adding it to my review: Unfortunately, I did not think to ask Ms. Sullivan if there was going to be a lag between the old packaging and the new packaging that would lead to empty shelves and if so, for how long, nor did she give me this info. I wish I had thought to ask. I guess it is going to depend on where you live (based on the emails I'm getting.) I have been to a couple of different Walgreens in the past couple of days and each had a few tubs of this still on the shelf, w/ no discount or sale sticker anywhere to be seen, yet I know other folks living in other places (I live in the Twin Cities) are having problems locating....

07/15/09 UPDATE - Due to the level of interest that has been expressed to me, I emailed Ms. Sullivan again this a.m. to find out what the lag time will be between the old packaging being sold out and the new stuff being issues. Will advise if/when I hear back.

11/03/09 UPDATE - well I never did hear back from Walgreen's corporate - o well. I did see 5 tubs at one of my local Walgreen's today, so some markets still have it on the shelf...:)

I was so sad when I saw the review below saying it was getting discontinued. I ran to my local one and bought the last two even though I still have an almost full one at home. (Does anyone know how long the backups will stay good for?--Message me!) I use this every night before bed, after my witch hazel toner, and I have not seen my pores so small and unclogged before! I am in love! It's also seeming to help with the creases in my forehead. I don't know what I'm going to do when this is gone. =(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LADIES!!! LISTEN TO ME!!! This product is being discontinued! Go buy all of them in your town. Right now. I am stocking up in Gainesville, Florida, so please don't guy buy all of them up today while I'm at work.

Ladies RUN don't walk to your local Walgreens and buy this HG product! I suddenly suffered from two weeks of blemishes on my chin...seriously, I had a new pimple EVERY DAY!! I'll admit I've only been using this for 7 days, but I can honestly say, my blemishes- GONE, pores-SHRUNK, skin-LOOKING AWESOME, GLOWING!!! One thing that I've found to be VERY important is to simply use this sparingly and "pat" it on, do not RUB onto skin (this prevents any stinging, and my skin soaks this up instantly). One last thing, I didn't experiance any purging. UDATE 8/27/09-Happy to say I'm still loving this stuff! It can dry my skin a bit if I use too much, but other than that HG status fo me!!! I recommended this to a relative to was suffering from BAD acne! She purchased it and w/in a week noticed a big difference in her complextion.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hi dear fellow MUA-ers -- I noticed this great set of reviews and THEN noticed the photo in the upper right here says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy CREAM", yet the title of this review says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy LOTION". So which one are you guys using -- the lotion or the cream? /// And/or does it not make a difference at all? ///////////

Thanks for clarifying this for the rest of us who are very interested in what you're saying here! XOXOXOX :-)

UPDATE: 7/6/09 -- A kind soul wrote & straightened out my confusion (see above), so afterwards I went online @ Walgreens only to find, as others have, that it's not available online. Thus I used the little "Contact Us" section in the Walgreens Online site & told them what I was looking for -- & voila! Very next morning a nearby W's store manager was already calling me, saying "I have 5 jars here: shall I save them for you?" And when I couldn't get there soon enough this same darling gentleman voluntarily drove 12 miles out of his way & brought them to me! (Is that Awesome Service Or What?!?....) Anyhoo, this Cream is a DREAM: do read on for what other MUA'ers have to say: I agree with all their great findings, for I've found the exact same, myself -- & in the nick of time, too! :D

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Just bought it. Took me a while to find, a lot of people were saying it was discontinued so I went to Walgreens in search of a similar product, and just as I was about to give up. I saw it on the bottom shelf in the corner of my eye! I washed my face and I've only applied it to my cheeks, chin area, and under my chin, and like the sides of my face. That's where I have little tiny ingrown hairs trapped and little bumps. It's not super noticeable, but I know it's there and it BUGS me! But yeah just applied it. It stings a tiny bit, especially if you have an open zit or sore or something. But, so far so good. I'll keep you guys posted. Let you know how it goes in a week from now! Wish me lucccccck!

Edited: I don't know if it was this or the Retin A... But my pores enlarged when I used this. BE CAREFUL

Been using this for over a year and a half. It has worked with my BHA product to keep my face clear and also has worked wonders on my back to fade old acne/folliculitis scars. I also use it to control the small bumps I get on my forearms. Great all-over product; I went back to this after using the more expensive 12% AHA souffle - I did not notice a distinct improvement. For the price this can't be beat!!

Great simple product, really works. Lotion is unscented, a plus for me. Incedentally, the only moisturizer my husband will use, as it's not smelly and is "scientific".