October 2, 2014 | 929 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by FabianaFarrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hi dear fellow MUA-ers -- I noticed this great set of reviews and THEN noticed the photo in the upper right here says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy CREAM", yet the title of this review says "Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy LOTION". So which one are you guys using -- the lotion or the cream? /// And/or does it not make a difference at all? ///////////

Thanks for clarifying this for the rest of us who are very interested in what you're saying here! XOXOXOX :-)

UPDATE: 7/6/09 -- A kind soul wrote & straightened out my confusion (see above), so afterwards I went online @ Walgreens only to find, as others have, that it's not available online. Thus I used the little "Contact Us" section in the Walgreens Online site & told them what I was looking for -- & voila! Very next morning a nearby W's store manager was already calling me, saying "I have 5 jars here: shall I save them for you?" And when I couldn't get there soon enough this same darling gentleman voluntarily drove 12 miles out of his way & brought them to me! (Is that Awesome Service Or What?!?....) Anyhoo, this Cream is a DREAM: do read on for what other MUA'ers have to say: I agree with all their great findings, for I've found the exact same, myself -- & in the nick of time, too! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by OlayiRoyalty

Just bought it. Took me a while to find, a lot of people were saying it was discontinued so I went to Walgreens in search of a similar product, and just as I was about to give up. I saw it on the bottom shelf in the corner of my eye! I washed my face and I've only applied it to my cheeks, chin area, and under my chin, and like the sides of my face. That's where I have little tiny ingrown hairs trapped and little bumps. It's not super noticeable, but I know it's there and it BUGS me! But yeah just applied it. It stings a tiny bit, especially if you have an open zit or sore or something. But, so far so good. I'll keep you guys posted. Let you know how it goes in a week from now! Wish me lucccccck!

Edited: I don't know if it was this or the Retin A... But my pores enlarged when I used this. BE CAREFUL

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by lildreamer316

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for over a year and a half. It has worked with my BHA product to keep my face clear and also has worked wonders on my back to fade old acne/folliculitis scars. I also use it to control the small bumps I get on my forearms. Great all-over product; I went back to this after using the more expensive 12% AHA souffle - I did not notice a distinct improvement. For the price this can't be beat!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by HoldMyEarrings

Great simple product, really works. Lotion is unscented, a plus for me. Incedentally, the only moisturizer my husband will use, as it's not smelly and is "scientific".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkigreeneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember using this about 10 years ago when the AHA revolution first happened. Of course, I was 10 years younger then and probably didn't really need it. In any case, as the years went on, I became a bit of a product snob and spent TONS of money on high end skin care. I forgot about this product until I saw the reviews on here. I ran to Walgreens and bought some and guess what? It is pretty awesome. My skin feels great, some purging, but that's okay, and I spent only $5.99!!!! Try it ladies. You might just be surprised that you don't have to spend a fortune to get results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jamielee983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Took the advice here... purchased this two days ago and the plan is to wear it nightly. Already I notice a slight difference in the feeling of my skin. Can't wait to report back later and (hopefully) give rave reviews!!

UPDATE 4/3/09: It has been one week, and I have used this every single night. I have noticed immense difference, kind of. My skin is smoother, more supple, more fine-line free, and I also feel like the hydration has been boosted in my normally painfully dry skin. The cons are that I have not noticed a difference (possibly they have gotten worse?) in my scarring, my blackheads on my chin and nose, and also I have 3 extremely painful cystic acne. I knew that the purging was a possibility when I purchased this (thanks to MUA-ers) so I'm okay with it, as long as this is as bad as it's going to get. Will update again in 1 week!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:42:00 PM More reviews by semor211

Alright, girls! I'm trusting you on this one! :-)

Just picked this up yesterday. I like the way it feels, did not irritate my skin at all. I felt just the slightest tingle. I hope I get results like the results I've read about! Looking forward to fading some acne scarring and dark spots. Will update soon!

Update:
This is working great for me! It helps heal and erase acne, tightens pores. It seems like it's the magic thing in my skincare routine! I'm even using less foundation than I used to because my skin is looking so much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by CarrrmenJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Miracle in a jar!!!!!!!!!!! Holy poreless wonders!!!!! My skin is usually pretty clear, with annoying bumps on the sides of my chin, some minimal blackheads on the nose, the beginnings of fine lines around the eyes (hello 31-almost-32), and tendency to dark circles. This is week three for me with this stuff and let me just say HALLELUJAH!!!! The first week I used every other night, and for the past 2 weeks every night. My skin is looking AMAZING...almost like when I was in high school with flawless skin!!!! My pores are practically invisible, not a SINGLE BLACKHEAD to be found ANYWHERE (not even in the little side nose crease area they love to nest) the fine lines around my eyes are diminishing, and the overall eveness, tightness and brightness of my skin is...well, I have spent more time staring at myself the last week than the past six months :) I will say the first week and a half was scary, there was some definite tingling and "purging", but now that I'm on week 3 I don't think I will ever quit - EVER. In the evening I wash using weleda almond cleanser, which is soothing and creamy like a cold cream, tone with avalon vitamin c toner, apply the alpha hydroxy, mix 1 pump of avalon vitamin c serum and a couple drops of jojoba...morning I just tone and put on some neutrogena moisturizer with spf. A few people at work the past few days think I'm in love because I'm "glowing"!...lol My roommate is simply amazed and will be trying some of mine, because after 3 weeks I haven't even made a dent in this stuff. Granted the jar is ugly as heck, but I put a lot of my "ugly" products in pretty colored apothecary jars/bottles...now that I know this is a "keeper" it'll get a pretty jar too :) Thanks again MUAers!!!!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by LAgurl1997

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to be one of the rare ones here, but this product gave me THE worst break out. I may be purging - but damn, I am all bumpy and red all over!
I had to stop using it.
I mean, I am happy for those that worked, but I'm gonna use it on my body now, cuz I don't want to waste it. Someone wrote that they put it on their feet - I think I'll do that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Zoey223

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First things first: After reading the reviews I tried using walgreens.com to locate a jar in my area. Although 2 stores in my area listed it in stock, they were not and the SA's (how great is that, that Walgreens now has SA's in the beauty section?! I love seeing how cheerful and helpful they are!) told me they hadn't seen it in ages. I was disappointed, but came home and ordered it online. So my advice is to take their online loction search results with several grains of salt, because chances are, you won't find it.

My experience: I used the Chanel Sublimage series for 14 months (I know, I'm a fool) and decided to use REAL products to improve my skin. I started using Walgreens Alpha Hydroxy Lotion approximately 5 weeks ago, along with a Stabilized Vitamin C Serum, and Holy Clear Skin - I see real changes in my skin!

Changes:

My little sun spots at the top of my cheeks - GONE!

Blackheads on my nose - GONE!

Discoloration from old Acne - almost gone!

The state of my Forehead: Remarkable! Glowy, clear, healthy skin! No more foundation needed on my forehead!

The state of my Cheeks: still a work in progress. I still have some redness and a couple of tiny spots here and there, but there is noticeable improvement, to the point where I need a lesser-coverage foundation.

Overall feeling after application:

I realized that if something is emerging on my skin, my skin tingles when applying the Lotion. My skin tightens and dries considerably after the Lotion is absorbed, but I slather on a good moisturizer (currently using M Badescu night creme), and then make sure I moisturize in the a.m. as well.

Further, I found I don't need to use this every day. If my skin is feeling extra-dry, I skip a day and them return to it.

Bottom Line: I LOVE this product. I will never be without it again. Chanel can kiss my pretty skin and money goodbye.

****** Edited: My original review was written on 4/3/09, and I want to update on my skin's condition. No more breakouts on my cheeks, and only 1 spot on my face that is diminishing without breaking into acne. My skin has improved to the point that I feel totally confident wearing only a tinted primer (Philosophy Supernatural) and a little concealor here and there and a quick swipe of powder. I'm amazed at how my skin has improved! I find myself skipping the Vit C Serum a few times a week, and am coming to the conclusion that perhaps I don't need it... we will see...

One more item of interest: I applied my AHA last night and forgot to follow up with moisturizer. I woke up this morning to VELVET soft skin. No lie. My skin felt moisturized and looked glowy. I cannot get over how good this product is, and am totally freaking out because it's no longer listed on Walgreens site. Wth am I going to do when it's gone??? Walgreens, are you listening? Bring it back, don't be stupid!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No