July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 10:21:00 AM More reviews by rockkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ugh. First of all, have to scrub scrub scrub to get even half of my mascara off. And this was JUST mascara; no eyeliner or eyeshadow. And it still didn't get all of it off! Then, it irritated my eyes so badly - burning, itching, all sorts of lovely things. I'm sitting here the morning after I used it (I used it before my shower last night) and my eyes are STILL itching and burning like crazy. I keep having to splash them with water. Terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by LaLaLaura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised at all the reviews that mention burning. I normally have very VERY sensitive skin and had no burning at all. This product removes makeup as it should, and I didn't have to scrub at all. The reason I would not buy again and why I only gave it a three, is because it instantly dries out any skin it touches, so much that I have to put moisturizer on my entire eye area, including the lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by vintagehope

I'm really surprised to read about this product burning people's eyes. It's the only eye makeup remover that has NOT burned my eyes. I've tried the CVS knockoff, Almay, and Neutrogena. All of those stung like holy heck. I've been using this eye makeup remover for years and I keep going back to it because it works. I wear waterproof mascara and it takes it off just fine. It may require an extra couple swipes, especially under my lower lashes, but it works easily, efficiently, and doesn't leave my eyes or the skin around them feeling irritated at all.

EDIT - I have since discovered Lumene Absolute Away. I still use this as backup, but I never wake up with leftover waterproof mascara under my eyes anymore. I prefer The L'Oreal as far as the product's consistency go, but the Lumene performs far better at removing waterproof/dark eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by vietbeb

Wow this sucks. Cactus_Pear said it best, it's like "packaged water".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Ugh, this is beyond terrible. It's like packaged water---when I used a cotton ball to remove my eye makeup with this, it felt just like using plain water to remove it---I had to *scrub* my eyes with this to get it off. There's also an overpowering floral scent to this, it makes me feel a bit sick. Do not buy this! Neutrogena's eye makeup remover is way better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

yuck. go with neutrogena or lumene. this is not worth your money. takes non of my makeup off and stings in the process.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by cat1121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have particularly sensitive eyes, but this stuff makes my eyes burn. It doesn't even take off L'Oreal's own Voluminous mascara very well, and I don't wear the waterproof.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by criss720

ATTENTION: I USED THE CVS VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT. SAME THING.

It farkin' BURNED MY EYES, and was not that helpful. The Neutrogena one is slightly better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ms5kity

IT BURNS! IT BURNS! ahhhhh! MY EYES!!! lol Seriously now, I have never had a eye makeup remover actually sting, make my eyes tear up, and send me running to the sink yelping to rinse my eyes. What a terrible product! I don’t even have sensitive eyes. blondemommy you got it perfect : “Oh my word! Words can not describe how much I hate thee, L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover!” haha. The blue bottle is pretty, but whoever thought up this design is not the brightest, the mouth of the bottle is too wide, it’s hard to get just a little of it out which leaves you with wasted product. To top it all off, it didn’t remove any makeup. Just water and a paper towel would of worked better. Shall stick to my Almay Oil free eye makeup remover pads, best ever, why did I ever stray? That blue bottle is hypnotizing I guess haha. I find this “refreshing” remover about as refreshing as a hot poker to the eye.

If you are a masochist….enjoy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by taralynn0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ew, I hate this remover! I generally only wear e/s and mascara (non-waterproof) and it takes about 10 rubs of my cotton ball to completely remove it all!! By the time I am done, my eyelids and under my eyes are actually sore!!

I do think the bottle is cute though, LOL. But that is the only positive about this remover :(