September 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by marloes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my favourite brushes ever. I don't use it to apply blush, but I think it's perfect to apply face powder or higlighter. I especially like to use it with Guerlain meteorites. It picks up just the right amount of product and gives a perfect finish. The brush also works wonders for dusting off eyeshadow if it has landed on your cheeks ;)
I clean my brushes a lot and this brush stays in perfect condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sh3lls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried it all..... this is truly

THE BEST BLUSH BRUSH IN THE WORLD!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by glossy81

let me start by saying wow. i love this brush. i bought the whole collection, btw. first of all, it's such a beautiful brush and it truly is perfect for blush application. the size and shape of the brush are ideal. it's so soft too. it's funny because i thought i was using decent brushes before but since getting these brushes i can really tell a difference. i love the whole collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am NOT a makeup girl therefore I am NOT a makeup brush girl. I've tooled around with brushes but never really paid any attention to them. I bought this one and I can honestly say that I have noticed a VAST difference in my blush application.

First, I think this brush is a gorgeous brush in its own right. Second, the size of the brush is perfect for holding the right amount of blush - I tend to be heavy handed so I did have to practice for a moment until I managed the perfect sweep on the pan and then to the cheek and it turned out perfect. Great bristles for layering the shades as well. Third, I found out that there really is a difference in a cheapy, poorly constructed brush.

I found the bristles soft, supple and yielding. The coverage can be sheer to deep and I am really loving this brush. I never considered using the "skinny" part of the handle with this brush - I automatically grabbed it close to the bristle - this brush is a dream come true. Thank you, NARS!!!!

I have to add: I have always been intimidated by makeup - I never want to look overly made up so I shy away from certain colors - I'm a NUDE palette kinda girl (Think Skin Deep by NARS). Using this brush feels natural and makes my blush look absolutely flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sapphire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First i had some troubles using this brush, the handel is so thin, that i had not a good grip on it.. but when i take it near the top.. it works good for me, after to blend en brush it in. i started to use it on the smaller part, Finaly am whohaaaa about this brush.. very soft from soft goat hair, very dence for my cheeks. and pretty good picking up the good amount with the blushes.. not to much and not to much.. I would recomand this brush.. I agree with the prize, its a expensive brush. but worth the money. gif it 5 lippies

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:46:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the PERFECT size head and shape for natural looking blush application. The handle is cute and artsy looking, but I've heard people complain of the wisteria on the handle unraveling. So its cute, but doesn't seem very practical. But overall, this is my favorite blush brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Skaterguy15499

Have to say I fell in love with this brush! beautiful for applying blushes, i personally use it to put on my Nars orgasm blush. It applies product evenly and so beautifully without putting on too much product, though you could add more layers of blush more a better effect. I love how Nars thinks out of the box with the shape and feel of the brush. The wisteria wrapped handle is different but it feels so cool and its so easy to work with. Great for detailed applications! Love Love Love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow – the ultimate blush brush. Made of soft black goat hair, dome-shaped and tapered, with a unique black hand-spun wisteria handle. I have never seen another brush that looks quite like the Yachiyo. As well as being beautiful, it is also a pleasure to use. Seriously, this brush makes any powder blush, no matter how pigmented, no matter what the texture, easy to apply. You use a side of the brush and gently sweep colour on. Works very well with the more pigmented NARS brushes, like Exhibit A, Desire, etc., where you only need one “sweep” and you’re done. With the less pigmented brushes, the Yachiyo brush effortlessly builds up colour and blends perfectly. Try using it with powder highlighters - I love using this with Albatross on the tops of my cheekbones. Another plus: no shedding whatsoever yet:) Okay – I am in love with the Yachiyo brush:):)

A side note to my fellow Canadian MUA’ers…
If you go to a NARS counter, this brush is $75 Canadian, which is a huge mark-up from the $50 US that is advertised on their website. I recommend purchasing this brush through Sephora online, because for all the products that they do not sell in their Canadian stores, this brush being one of them, they will charge you the current exchange rate price. So, I got mine for $49.50 Canadian:) A much better price:) It’s a great brush, but for $49.50 it’s a lot more reasonable. I don’t think I’d pay $75 for it. Check it out at a NARS counter to make sure you really like it, but buy it online through Sephora!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by one

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this brush. So soft. Amazing quality. Using it for finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

The newest addition to the NARS Kabuki Artisan Brush series is #27 Yachiyo (pic in profile). From the box: "Designed for application of powder and color. Excellent for defining cheekbones, highlighting the complexion, and blending color around the eye area." The flexible handle is beautifully handbound with wisteria. It's an interesting brush: the brush head is more full than a MAC 116 blush brush, but the brush hairs are tightly bound near the handle, making the brush hairs disperse outward like a fan brush. As a result, I do get better control over blush and highlighters: I don't pick up too much product, and I can place it exactly where it needs to go. It is exactly the length of a pen. As for the price, I grabbed it from the Sephora FF sale, but otherwise not sure anyone "needs" it in their brush kit at $50 a pop. Then again, if you collect brushes like me, you may love it as much as I do...With Yachiyo and Botan (see my other review), I am becomming a fan of the Nars Kabuki Artisan brush series! UPDATE: I have to up it to a 5. I love this brush. It's so fluffy, soft, yet small enough to apply color where I need it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No