July 24, 2014 | 1744 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by makeuptianna

This is a great product. Promotes healthy skin and nails but it is a must that you drink alot of water with this product. If not you will have acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Life saver! I use the one by Nature Made, I think I got it for like $8 for the small bottle (forget how much is in it) and it has lasted FOREVER. Almost 2 months, which is pretty good for such a small bottle. I purchased this after a very bad hair cut and my hair has grown so fast. I haven't noticed any difference in my hair or skin but that's okay. I take two a day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by catseyes7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where do I begin with biotin?? .. I first started taking it around 18 months back as I've been having a massive shed. I've been taking a high dose as I really wanted to see results.. anywhere from 5000mcg - 15000mcg daily. I haven't broken out from it luckily. My nails grow so fast that I need to cut them every 6 - 7 days but the quality of my nails hasn't improved at all. They still have lines in them and chip or flake fairly easily. Where my hair is concerned, it has been growing faster, but there has been NO reduction in hair fall at all, nor has my hair quality improved, nor gone back to the normal soft and silky hair I had before my shedding started. So, all in all it's really a 3.5 for me, but I'll keep taking it as I want my hair to get to waist length :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kushqueen

ive been reading a lot of pros and cons about biotin, but i recently just chopped off 8 inches of my hair and im sooo desperate for it to grow. At first i bought Formula HSN from GNC (hair, skin, nails) but they must of switched the formula and the biotin amount is very very low in that formula, so i just bought straight up biotin from GNC and have been taking 5 (500 mcg) a day. Not going to lie i was extremely hesitant about taking Biotin in the first place because of all the acne horror stories ive read but then i came across a tip, that you should be taking ZINC along with your Biotin to help control skin. I did a lot of research regarding Biotin alone, Zinc alone, Biotin and Zinc together. and Zinc actually is a supplement some derms recommend to their patients because it helps control acne so much. I take 50 mg of Zinc with 2500 mcg of Biotin, and so far no acne. I will keep updating though because i havent had any real results regarding hair or nail growth. But for everyone breaking out while on Biotin, try taking a zinc supplement too.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by molls88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently decided to end my horrible nail biting habit after many, many years of biting. When I stopped, my nails were in horrible shape. They were thin and super short, and I was embarrassed for people to even see them. But I was able to end the habit, and wanted to take a supplement to help with the strength and growth. I had heard good things about Biotin, so I started taking 2500 mcg (softgels) once a day along with a multivitamin. I bought mine at Target on sale for about $7. I have also been applying strengthener and keeping my nails moisturized, which has probably helped. My results have been amazing. It has been just over a month since I started, and my nails are very strong and have grown at least 5mm (not an exaggeration..I've been monitoring them closely). They are now to my fingertips and look so much healthier. I have also noticed faster hair growth, although this was not my reason for taking Biotin. I have not had any bad acne like I have heard of others experiencing. This may be because I have been drinking plenty of water. I cannot recommend this enough! I will definitely continue to repurchase! I can't believe the price considering how well this stuff works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I love this so much! I take six of the 5000 mcg (three a time, morning and night) and it worked miracles for me. Yes I know that may be a lot, but whatever your body doesn't need comes out in your pee lol..and it never broke me out. Some brands are expensive, but the Target brand (60 5000 mcg capsules) is around 6 or 7 bucks when other brands with a lower mcg can be up to 12. Since this also helps metabolism, I noticed my stomach is a bit slimmer (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Sta1cee

I went through a very stressful time in my life and my hair started falling out like crazy. I used to have thick hair and it was disappearing right before my eyes.
My friend suggested that I start taking biotin supplements so I did.
While this is no miracle product...you will not get double the hair you have now or anything...it did help my hair get stronger and look better. However, yes, if you take too much, you will end up with giant zits on my face (I accidentally took two supplements with biotin in one sitting and now I have 3 cystic zits on my face).

Overall, I think it's a good supplement. However, with all supplements, you can't take more than the daily recommended amount. Otherwise, it will have unwanted results.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by berria24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I purchased the 5000 mg Biotin, took it for about two weeks or so & noticed i started breaking out like crazy! I understand i was taking more than the daily recommended dose. However i couldnt figure out why i was breaking out so bad, & didnt put it together untill i randomly decided to do some research on peoples experience with the Vitamin, never again will i take or purchase this stuff, however with that being said if you are looking for a good supliment that helps with hair growth & shine then this is great. Not worth the break outs though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Agh. I don't know why I started taking Biotin. I already have very thick, glossy hair (the hair on my head, eyebrows, arm hair, leg hair, blah blah) but I wanted to take this for my skin.

MISTAKE. I had 4 cystic zits pop up one after the other. I started taking Biotin in December and I was breaking out until February. I still have an angry red scar on my cheek 6 months later that absolutely nothing has cleared.

On the flip side, friends of mine have taken biotin with absolutely no problems. I'm just too acne prone. Oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I took it for a while and I did notice a difference in my hair, it was falling out less somehow, but this was also during a time where I was eating somewhat healthy, so that may have contributed to it. But, we can't buy Biotin as a vitamin here in Australia (unless someone can inform me otherwise) and I bought this online, and stupidly bought an extremely high dose one (10 000 mcg, I know, I'm an idiot). I think that may have contributed to me breaking out, and small bumps everywhere on my face as well. Well, I don't know if this was to blame, but my skin got a little better after stopping, but the hair started shedding like crazy again. If I do re-purchase it will be a smaller dose, but yes, it does contribute to healthy hair.