August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a reason this mascara has been I production for almost 30yrs, it works. I'm always one to shy away from volumising mascaras because I hate the clump. But I've been working my way through the Max Factor line, being impressed so far. So I had to try this classic. The one I got was the version with the curved brush. I have to say I'm happy for that because brush is enormous and if it wasn't curved I'd have the devils time applying this mascara. But the curved brush makes it easy indeed. This is the first volumising mascara that hasn't made my longish lashes look short. I'm fact I was quite shocked that they looked like they've been lengthened. each coat goes on quite thin, if you are looking for a one coat wonder, keep looking. Two coats gives you long, defined andnsomewhat volumised lashes. Three coats creates a dramatic look. This is the first and only mascara I've ever used that has curled my lashes. My lashes are very straight and I can't even curl them with a curler, but this mascara made them spring upright all on it's own. I honestly thought the whole curling mascara thing was a big con.

What I like about ts mascara is it makes the most of the length you have, it doe thicken lashes but not in a clumpy way. It seperates and defines each lash. It curls and holds a curl. The brush is a big fluffy brush which may cause application woes but the curved version is quite easy to use. You can create natural and dramatic looks depending on number of coats.

Where I think this mascara wins where others fail is in it's formulation. It's a very cream formulation without bits of fibre and gunk in it. It doesn't try to add an inch to your lashes or stick more lashes onto your existing ones. It just very nicely and evenly coats each lash to make them more noticeable. Te more modern formulations I find very dry, sticky and flake even while you are applying them. They dry so fast that you don't even have time to run a brush through your lashes to seperate them. This is a classic mascara that gives you more prep time. But by the same token it won't create a false lash effect in a single coat. Overall out of the 4 max factor mascaras I've tried, Volume Experience, Mastepiece Max, Lash Extension Effect and now 2000 Calorie, this is the hands down winner of the lot. The overall finish is more dramatic, nicer and it's easier to apply.

If you are looking for a DiorShow dupe, give this a go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a bit annoyed that I haven't gotten hold of this in waterproof black, but other than that I like this mascara! Makes my eyelashes curl and stay curled, they get a richer dark colour, longer and won't flake that much. Surely there can be one flake or two falling down during the day, but that's no bigger deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm so sad this is not sold in the U.S. anymore =( This is my all time fave! Better than Diorshow, MUFE Smoky Lash, Lancome Defincils & L'extreme, etc. I've tried them all! My only other fave drug store mascara is Cover Girl Lashblast but MAx Factor 2000 calories is my first choice!! With this mascara I don't need to curl my lashes first so it saves a step & it defines, separates, lengthens, curls - everything I want a mascara to do!!! And it doesn't get clumpy! I'm cursed, every time I love something it gets dis-continued, NO JOKE! =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sarahdance

Hands-down best drugstore mascara. It is also better than many expensive department store brands I've tried.

I also love the water-proof version. I think it's called Aqua Lash.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by 123banana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara and always have one in my makeup bag. I have short thin lashes and for wearing during the day this mascara is ideal. And it lasts. Not quite dramatic enough for me for evening wear, but I would still never be without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by annalynne

Did not like this at all. It dried out my lashes, weighed them down, and made them stick straight even after I had curled them. And it didn't volumize or lengthen my lashes. It was a true black color and lasted throughout the whole day, but still I would never buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

I had high hopes for this mascara, but sadly it weighs down my lashes way too much, and doesn't hold a curl - which is the holy grail token when it comes to mascaras for me. Not suitable for asian lashes, sadly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not impressed by this mascara. I find that it did not add any significant volume or length. I will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by beeettthhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have eyelashes that are fair at the root and point straight downwards, curling really won't work at all for me and most mascaras make my eyelashes look stumpy or non exsistent! Normally I just wear black eyeliner to hide the fact that my eyelashes are so not pretty. But this mascara I can wear on its own- makes my eyelashes pretty, curly and not too coated. Will use this forever

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Kristi17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a kind of base mascara for if I'm going out, I find it works really well to get your lashes in a nice shape/position before putting on a more volumising mascara. It's also nice as just an everyday one, as it isn't overly expensive and does a good job for what it's worth