December 18, 2014 | 1774 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by ezmat

I recently purchased this mascara as i had been recommended it by a friend.
So the mascara promises "fat and dramatic lashes"- and does it deliver? Im my opinion, no.

This mascara really doesn't do much for my lashes at all.... it definatley lengthens but doesn't create the volume that it promotes. I have tried applying this using different techniques but it just doesnt work for me.

Using the product is almost messy too- when you pull the wand out of the tube it is a little gloopy and is messy around the opening.
The packaging of this product i feel, is outdated and really unappealing.

Personally, i would rather save the money i spent on this mascara and purchase a cheaper brand that i love (Covergirl Lash Blast)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by onethousandcurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this is blackest-brown, which I will try to ignore when I review this because I always prefer the blackest black possible (my lashes are actually black....). But this was given to me, so I had no pick of color.

Price: Free for me, but based on what I remember seeing in stores and online, very standard and reasonable for drugstore mascaras.

Packaging: I personally find the fat tubes ugly, but it doesn't affect performance or ease of use at all.

Performance: I like the rubber bristles of the wand, makes avoiding clumps a breeze. This does tend to hold a lot of product on the tip, but you can scrape it off into the tube or just be careful applying. Application is pretty easy, this is one of those mascaras that you might feel comfortable "slapping on". Definition is great, thickening is average, lengthening is poor (although that is not its advertised purpose). Despite the lackluster (well, relatively) performance, I was okay with it until it flaked. I didn't even wear this all day, like I normally would with any mascara. Just 6 hours and it was flaking. No smudging at all. And what impressed me the most was how easily and completely it washed off (even among non-waterproof mascaras, this washes off like a dream).

I wouldn't repurchase, but I wish all mascaras would wash off so easily (without smudging beforehand to boot!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:44:00 AM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is discontinued in USA.why is it that when really great products on the market they choose to get rid of it? maybe its because if people knew about this mascara they wouldnt bother buying the competitors more expensive and less useful product?.whatever the case may be i buy this online from the UK because i LOVE IT.i was in love with Loreal voluminous which i still like but this mascara gives you what i call classy lashes.they look like they would be in a magazine.no clump.nicely spread out.long.just classy.personally it doesnt make my lashes appear thicker.i use the loreal one for that.but if they were to appear thicker i think my friends would start accusing me of wearing false lashes because then they would definitely look magazine worthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweettalk1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara my lashes do appear bigger when this is on. I do recommend it 2 any one and I just found out that they have a water proof version in this mascara which i will be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I always get nice looking, full eyelashes with this mascara. Very quick and easy to apply (I hate spending time on mascara application). Bristles on this one are perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for 2000 calorie dramatic look; got it at Boots. I'm gonna have to go against the grain on this one. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but it was rather dry and flaky from the first day. Lots of little bits and blobs on the brush glomming onto my lashes. Mostly just made them look short and clumpy when they're actually quite long. Add to that the fact that the wand handle cracked after about ten uses, so the tube couldn't really be sealed tightly. I really had high hopes for this as I was looking for a reasonably priced mascara, but this just failed. As I say, maybe I just got a bad tube, old or something, but I've since found DHC and Clinique's Lash Power, so buh-bye Max.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by claraflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There's a reason this mascara has been I production for almost 30yrs, it works. I'm always one to shy away from volumising mascaras because I hate the clump. But I've been working my way through the Max Factor line, being impressed so far. So I had to try this classic. The one I got was the version with the curved brush. I have to say I'm happy for that because brush is enormous and if it wasn't curved I'd have the devils time applying this mascara. But the curved brush makes it easy indeed. This is the first volumising mascara that hasn't made my longish lashes look short. I'm fact I was quite shocked that they looked like they've been lengthened. each coat goes on quite thin, if you are looking for a one coat wonder, keep looking. Two coats gives you long, defined andnsomewhat volumised lashes. Three coats creates a dramatic look. This is the first and only mascara I've ever used that has curled my lashes. My lashes are very straight and I can't even curl them with a curler, but this mascara made them spring upright all on it's own. I honestly thought the whole curling mascara thing was a big con.

What I like about ts mascara is it makes the most of the length you have, it doe thicken lashes but not in a clumpy way. It seperates and defines each lash. It curls and holds a curl. The brush is a big fluffy brush which may cause application woes but the curved version is quite easy to use. You can create natural and dramatic looks depending on number of coats.

Where I think this mascara wins where others fail is in it's formulation. It's a very cream formulation without bits of fibre and gunk in it. It doesn't try to add an inch to your lashes or stick more lashes onto your existing ones. It just very nicely and evenly coats each lash to make them more noticeable. Te more modern formulations I find very dry, sticky and flake even while you are applying them. They dry so fast that you don't even have time to run a brush through your lashes to seperate them. This is a classic mascara that gives you more prep time. But by the same token it won't create a false lash effect in a single coat. Overall out of the 4 max factor mascaras I've tried, Volume Experience, Mastepiece Max, Lash Extension Effect and now 2000 Calorie, this is the hands down winner of the lot. The overall finish is more dramatic, nicer and it's easier to apply.

If you are looking for a DiorShow dupe, give this a go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by geegeegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a bit annoyed that I haven't gotten hold of this in waterproof black, but other than that I like this mascara! Makes my eyelashes curl and stay curled, they get a richer dark colour, longer and won't flake that much. Surely there can be one flake or two falling down during the day, but that's no bigger deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm so sad this is not sold in the U.S. anymore =( This is my all time fave! Better than Diorshow, MUFE Smoky Lash, Lancome Defincils & L'extreme, etc. I've tried them all! My only other fave drug store mascara is Cover Girl Lashblast but MAx Factor 2000 calories is my first choice!! With this mascara I don't need to curl my lashes first so it saves a step & it defines, separates, lengthens, curls - everything I want a mascara to do!!! And it doesn't get clumpy! I'm cursed, every time I love something it gets dis-continued, NO JOKE! =(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sarahdance

Hands-down best drugstore mascara. It is also better than many expensive department store brands I've tried.

I also love the water-proof version. I think it's called Aqua Lash.