October 1, 2014 | 1972 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i can't say too many good things about this toner or treatment essence as people like to call it. first of all, this stinks! i agree that i am sensitive to smell but this really stinks...secondly, this is super expensive, i dont think i will ever buy it again just because of the cost and it didnt do much to my skin. i did notice brightening effect so when i wake up in the morning, my skin looked a lot brighter and tad smoother but that is about all it did for my skin. i may try the cream from this line in the future but i dont really believe in the hype that this toner gets. the $150 bottle will last you only a few months...about 3 months, especially when you use the cotton pad to apply...which is what they recommend to do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this at Sephora. My skin feels very clean and fresh after I use it, however it also feels little sticky, unclean.
I use it as a toner before applying my day-cream and night-cream. I haven't seen much of an effect yet, but noticed small little red bumps. Not sure if this essence is at fault, or SKII cream, however, after I stopped using any SKII product, my clear skin came back.
I might give this product one more try sometime, and update if my opinion changes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had doubts about this product as I thought nothing can be "miracle water". I used this and after 2 months is when I saw the difference. My skin is very oily that is uneven and dull due to scars and redness left over from pimples. This product helped with making my skin less dull and more radiant looking, although it does not fade scars. I love how much radiant my skin is now, and even though this product is ridiculously expensive, I will continue to buy it because it really works. Although it is far from miracle, it will not help if you have acne prone skin, it doesn't reduce outbreaks.

I love the packaging of the bottle, it allows a bit to be poured out onto the palm so you don't pour too much at one shot. The smell if the essence is unpleasant, reminds me of something rotting. However it dissipates very fast upon application, something I don't mind because of the results.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Lukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product gives my face a kind of shine which was unnecessary. Because my skin is extremely oily, it made me look even more oily. And it smells terrible!!! Other than that, I don't see any improvement on my skin so I stopped using. Only used 1/8 of the product. Waste of money. For people who have fair/good skin/looking for natural glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Been using it for more than 3 months now and it's a great uncomplicated product! My skin type is normal, maybe a bit more oily around the nose as I do have black/whiteheads but it's not to the stage I need to use different product for Tzone.

Positive: I find that Facial Treatment Essence is quite calming, if I use it after I steam and clean my nose area with blackhead removing stick, I find it calms my skin and doesn't irritate. The formula doesn't contains surfactants (things to make your toner bubbles up) so it doesn't feel "smooth", but it's way better for the skin!

Negative: The only negative I have about the 330ml packaging is that it's in a plastic bottle!? That's ridiculous considering how much it's costing!

Bottomline: Definately will continue to use it and will buy again (in glass bottles only).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is something I'll never be able to live without,literally.It is kind of an all-purpose product that deals with everything,blackheads,wrinkles,and offers everything,brightening effect,healing power,anti-aging,anti-breakouts...I don't know for others, but for me, it keeps my skin at peace, and that's is so much I can ask for on a bottle of treatment essence.so I'll keep using it despite the high price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lemongrass52

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used two bottles of SK-II essence already. I was searching for something that could balance the oil production on my face and to hopefully help clear my break out. I have heard good reviews on this product and I was hoping that this will help me too. After using it for some time, I don't think it is helping me at all. I mean, it is not breaking me out or anything but at the same time, it is not helping me much too. So I am not going to purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by iheartcoco

I do love SKII masks (they are very refreshing and work temporarilly) although I returned another SKII product to counter b/c unsatisfied and they talked me into this more exsp facial trmt essence product and I was sold on the whole idea of pitera and the comments published in dermatology journal. I use it daily and have not noticed much of anything over a course of two months. That said it may be beacause I use 0.01% tretinoin at night and vivite vibrance therapy in the am with skinceuticals vit c ferulic + 3 caps of omegas, so likely my skin is already as smooth as it is going to be due to constant turn over by current products. It may be helpful in counteracting oil and bacteria that cause acne, but a good sulfur mask and tretinoin use is likely cheaper and useful too along with occasional jesner peel (I do this at home too every 3-4 mos because I no longer suffer from acne) other wise I'd do every 4-6 wks if acne was a problem. I was mostly unimpressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by indahramadhani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

EXPENSIVE and did not great job on my face, no IMPROVEMENT at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by TY1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Used this product for 4 years. Shown significant improvement on the first few months of usage but skin didn't appear translucent as it claims to be even after 4 yrs of usage. Skin merely appears normal. However, it managed to control excess sebum on my t zone. After few yrs of usage, i guess my skin was immune to it and i had occasional breakouts during the pre-menstrual period. Extremely pricey and had heard that SKII staffs were entitled to use the product for free which made me wonder whether the product is really worth the price. Somehow felt that we are overcharged for their marketing purposes.