April 21, 2014 | 1345 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sivananl

Awesome foundation for people that don't have much acne. It is super sheer, but definitely buildable, and feels super light. It also gives a very dewy finish to the skin. I apply it with my fingers, it feels just like a moisturizer does and I don't even feel like I'm wearing a foundation! I love this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I find that by itself this foundation isn't something to rave about. It's nice and light which I like, but its not unique or any more special than other foundations. But this foundation under other foundations is PERFECT. I apply a thin layer of Face and Body under my Nars Sheer Glow, and it's like the hand of God touched my face. My skin glows and looks brilliant. I would totally recommend trying F&B plus your foundation. It's may work for you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by rubishoes3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read positive reviews for MACs face + body before purchasing and everything I read was true! This foundation is incredibly buildable without looking overdone or cake. I have a lot of redness and the skin on my face never matches the rest of my body which tans really well over the summer.
This foundation is the best for helping my face reach that same honey tan colour. The only problem I have with this product is the coverage which necessitates the use of concealer. Prior to this I was using Lancóme's teint miracle. Face + Body has very similar coverage and looks virtually the same on my face. However MACs shades are way better and offer more good tan shades. Although I'm quite warm and pale shade C4 if great and helps my face in match the same olive/tan colour of my neck and décolletage. I have oily skin and honestly this is not a problem as long as you use a finishing powder over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I started using this about three months ago when I had a panic attack that my HG TM was being discontinued in my color. I have been using it exclusively every since. I am using the C6 color. I have good skin so I prefer sheer coverage that is moisturizing and natural looking. This foundation really does the trick. You have to shake it before you use it and you really will get the bests results if you rub it on with your hands. Also, you really have to smooth it on the skin like you would with sunscreen or it will be streaky or cakey. Keep rubbing it in until the liquidly feel disappears and your skin is slightly sticky. I like to set the foundation with powder (or it will stay sticky on your skin). The SA at the MAC counter taught me that after I buff powder over the foundation, to then use my (clean) hands to press it into my face, under eyes, don’t forget your nose and chin. Once you press it in, it really takes on an airbrushed look that lasts all day. This foundation really works for me and I am really happy I gave it a try. I will repurchase and I do recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by zpan12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a tinted moisturizer kind of girl and thought this would help bump up my coverage a bit, but I was so disappointed with it. It makes my face look too cakey and not natural at all. It settles into my skin and accentuates the lines I'm trying to hide and this is after using the Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion primer which I love. I will be returning this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mariedorval

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for Mac Face and Body used on legs. I have the sort of pale, transparent skin that shows up every imperfection and also a tendency for thread veins. For many years I refused to get my legs out, even at the height of summer, and then a few years ago I started using this (I have N1 and N2). It has opened up my summer wardrobe possibilities and changed my attitude to the whole season. Do not be put off if it doesn't go on well at first. I actually bought this maybe 10 years ago, tried it, thought it streaky and ineffectual and discarded it. I found it during a clear out and gave it a second chance. To my great surprise all I could see when I looked down were even-toned, tan legs. Not perfect, but definitely good enough. It's very liquid which makes it ideal for using on larger areas such as legs and it sets dry to the touch within a couple of minutes. It does not come off until you wash it off with soap. I have had some very slight transference onto the inside seams of a white skirt - but then I wouldn't have been able to wear such a thing in the first place before I discovered this. I wish I'd found this product earlier and, if you have similar issues to mine, I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by zufalle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm an NC35/37 for Mac and I have the Face and Body in C4. I'm Asian, so I definitely love the fact that Mac has their products running on the yellow side too.

I bought this foundation because I was so sick of Revlon Colorstay looking pink on me, seeing how in Singapore there is a limited number of shades. I remember seeing only 4-6 shades when I was checking as many drugstores I can. None of them really had a warm, yellow/olive undertone. They were pretty neutral, but it wasn't a true olive, which is what my skin tone actually is. All my other foundations (MUFE HD, Matt Velvet+, Bobbi Brown, Studio Fix powder etc.) are great, but they're high-end and too expensive for me to use daily.

In addition to a disappointing colour range, I wanted to find something that was cheap and lightweight to be used everyday for school. To add on, I also have extremely oily skin and Singapore's weather is not ideal for anyone with superbly oily skin.

Face and Body is perfect for where I live and anyone with the same skin type as me. It is lightweight, lasts for a pretty decent amount of time, has coverage that is buildable and most of all, you get so much product for such a cheap price. Sold at 63.00SGD/120ml, it's way cheaper than any foundation I have. Not even drugstore ones. Revlon Colorstay is almost half the price of this and comes in the standard 30ml for foundations.

My skin is also acne-prone, on top of being oily. However, this foundation has not broken me out. I do have break outs still, but it's rare for me not to break out so it definitely isn't an issue caused by this foundation.

I like to apply this foundation with my fingers so I can really work it in. Sometimes, I do use my Real Techniques blending brush to apply this foundation. After using my fingers, I usually use my blending brush to make sure there aren't any lines and that everything is even.

This foundation does not have coverage that would satisfy anyone with severe skin problems even though you can build it without feeling like you have 10 pounds of foundation on your face. I would say that unless you have near perfect skin, you would still need to use concealer. Powder is a must unless you have dry skin as this doesn't set matte. It has a dewy, glowy finish that I enjoy but my oily skin tend to skip that dewy stage and go straight to being an oil slick if I don't set it with a powder.

Overall, I enjoy this foundation a lot. It's definitely one of my favourites. Will repurchase.

FOR SINGAPOREANS: This foundation isn't sold in any Mac store. They're only sold at standalone stores so you won't be able to find this at department store counters.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by jsum92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably the best foundation I've ever tried. I honestly did not enjoy reading the first review that gave it two stars, so I needed to write my own. The reason why it doesn't get 5 stars is because the packaging makes it quite messy for me, and I usually make a mess because it's so liquidy.

The best way to apply this foundation is definitely with the hands. It becomes a different texture when you work it into the skin, definitely a more tacky and thick texture. For an everyday, I put one layer with my hands and it immediately makes my face look more radiant and even.

For those that claim foundations should cover your blemishes, I would say that's more for concealer. You should never put a thick mask of foundation and hope it'll cover all your flaws alone. This is only to even out your skin tone and make it look great.

I would say that this foundation is not good for an extremely oily skin. Remember this foundation does need to take a moment to set. So put the foundation on and then do the rest of your makeup and come back to it to set before you put your other face products on.

This foundation is definitely buildable, which is something great. Plus it looks fantastic in pictures and you can put it on your body as well. Sounds like a winner to me. :) I tried Nars Sheer Glow recently because my friend suggested it. I ended up returning it and getting me a lighter shade of Mac's Face and Body for the coming winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Grail foundation! Absolutely love it! It's a light coverage foundation but depending on how you apply it the coverage can vary. For a fuller coverage I use my fingers and warm up the product and really work it into the skin. For a lighter coverage I use a flat top kabuki brush and buff it into the skin. Either way you apply it it is flawless and lasts ALL day. Being waterproof is a bonus too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my holy grail, and I don't know why I didn't try it sooner. I went through many drugstore and high end foundations until I finally caved in and bought the 4 oz bottle online in the shade N1 (I am shade NW15). I have been using this almost everyday for a year, and the bottle isn't even halfway done. What I love about this foundation is how versatile it is. It can be worn sheer by applying with a buffing brush, or even as a medium coverage if you let the foundation sit for a bit on the skin. I can wear this as a more full coverage by working it in with my hands. It dries to a natural looking dewey finish. I can wear this in the summer because it is lightweight, I can build the coverage, and because it has waterproof tendencies, or I can wear it in the winter with a heavier coverage and because it has a more dewey finish. I can matte it down with powder or leave it be. It wears beautifully on the skin. I don't have problems with oxidizing, fading, or caking. I try using other foundations, but I always find myself going back to this one. I also like to use this foundation on the body, as the title suggests. When I get burnt or I have some blotchiness on my neck or chest, I'll use this and it will disguise the redness. It doesn't rub off on my clothes (as long as I powder with translucent powder). I highly recommend this foundation to anyone who wants one foundation that can do many things. I will be using this for year to come!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No