October 24, 2014 | 1717 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by babysharks

This was the first high-end foundation I've ever used and I find myself circling back to it every time I have to replace my foundation! I have tan skin and wear C5.
Face and Body is perfect for those of us who have dry skin. I often have dry patches on my forehead and mouth area during the colder months, and Face and Body works very well for me after I exfoliate and moisturize. The formula keeps me from looking patchy or flaky and seems to smooth away small problem areas. I usually pair this with a light dusting of Studio Fix or my Nars pressed powder and top it off with a setting powder. I have also used this as a base for Matchmaster Foundation! I struggled with Matchmaster because it is much heavier and doesn't smooth on, but layering a thin layer over Face and Body works very well for me!
A con for Face and Body is that it can end up looking a little shiny throughout the day. I always end up with shiny areas on the nose and forehead during the warmer months or when my skin isn't dry. I can usually pat a little powder on and fix that easily, though.
Overall, a great, light foundation that I always seem to come back to!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by SJose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation it feels very light, has a dewy finish and has a sheer to medium buildable coverage. I have extremely dry skin with eczema so I find it difficult to find a foundation that doesn't stick to my dry patches. this does not stick to my dry patches at all and evens out my skin tone perfectly. However, if I have redness it does not cover it. I would like to only put on one layer of foundation but can't because it won't cover my redness. They coverage is the only downside.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by FairyGodmother45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This, in my humble opinion, is the perfect spring/summer/ hot sticky weather foundation. Why? It cleans up your face, but is lightweight enough not to be an oilslick. You should set with powder, as well as, use concealer if you have spots to cover. However, if your skin is decent and your simply want a "better me" look I truly suggest your give this gem a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sugarglazed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love and hate this foundation. I love that it makes my skin luminescent, dewy, glowy- it never looks like you have foundation on, which is what I want... The downfall it breaks me out, terribly, and no matter how many times I ditch this on my makeup counter and come back to it, it still breaks me out, over and over again... You would think after a few rounds I'd learn but I havent... If your skin can tolerate this stuff and you're looking for a no makeup foundation this is your gem, if you are sensitive, acne prone in any capacity get a sample first and hope you get lucky. I want to get a sample of the mufe face and body and see how my skin reacts there!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by warsawgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

very nice foundation for my sensitive, dry, "maturing" (post-40) skin. watery, easy to apply, light coverage that sinks in and looks invisibly luminous/healthy. by the end of the day it fades rather than turning into a clay mask that highlights each pore.

most important for me is that there is NO sunscreen. i have a light-induced sunscreen allergy to octinoxate, plus heat-unhappiness with titanium dioxide. this makes buying foundation a challenge. i've tried estee lauder's invisible fluid (fantastic, a bit longer-wearing than mac f&b, but started turning orange-ish after a few months), chanel perfection lumiere (not so perfect after 6 hours), and laura mercier silk (too thick, not sure what i was thinking).

there's a chance that my face is becoming unhappy with this, in which case i might buy the vastly more expensive estee lauder, even though it goes awry before i finish the bottle (el $38/1 oz vs. mac $27/1.6 oz).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I luv this.i have found 2 HG for me.this& Double Wear..now if they could have a baby I'd have all my bases covered..This is kinda runny but I expected it to be a lot runnier based off a lot of reviews.so that was nice suprize. mabey it's cause I just got it last week or Mabey cause I shook it up.idk ..I bought C2 as its feb(I might need C4 in summer as run the grommet of nc25-Nc35/37 depending on the season) so far it covers a lot better then i thought it would, thought I'd have to put on lots of layers.mabey cause I used a brush & not my fingers?(i put a lil drop straight on my brush,stippled& then lightly blended)It basically even up my skin& at first seemed a bit dewy & Mabey a tad bit tacky when I'd touch my face but after it set in it went away & looked very natural. It gave me a very good no makeup natural glow.perfect for summer& days were you might not be going out but still want to look somewhat put together.no line at all..I have a lot of blotchy redness on my cheeks&chin, large pores, dry nose corners that weren't aggravated by this&a few random small bumps (acne isn't a real problem 4 me but if it is for u &u wanna cover them you might need a bit of conceler or build it up it those spots more) This made it all look way better still could see a bit of blochyness ..I can't wait to try it in the summer & see if it's water resistant/proof as people say it is. I would wear this all summer& for days when double wear full face make up is too much for just folding laundry@home. I really like this& as with double wear I will repurchase when I get low (&that never happens)..what I find real amazing is that letting it sit, rubb a bit between your finger tips&then applying in small areas or blending/buff it makes the coverage change.so I can slap it on real quick for a very light coverage look or take my time/pour&wait& get an almost med without layering up. ive thined out heavier coverage foundations but never the oppisite.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by kgrismua

Love love this product and use it on almost all of my clients! So lightweight with buildable coverage and looks like skin! Blurs imperfections without being cakey and has a dewy beautiful finish. Plus it's water resistant. I even use it on my legs to make them look tanner!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by MissNolasco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of those foundations that you keep in your makeup bag regardless whether you like it or not, because it is one of those foundations that is great to just grab if you want something quick and easy to apply. Its coverage is mild and its consistency is watery, overall it doesn't sound like a good foundation, but it is, it is perfect and easy to apply. I knocked off a star from the review because of how messy it gets pouring it out of the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this daily now! I've switched from the Garnier combo/oily BB cream to this beauty! Doesn't make me break out and has a nice natural finish to it. I apply it with my fingers and my face looks flawless. Love this foundation! I use color C2 all year around.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by CoconutCoffee28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Feels fresh and light. Blends easily and seems to just melt right into my skin. Lasts all day and gives me a pretty glow. It evens out my skin tone and has light coverage. It has a subtle orangey scent that fades away.