September 19, 2014 | 956 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bunnywinks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It smells amazing, provides excellent moisture for my dry skin. It comes in a large bottle, so you get lots. Only downside I would say is that there always seems to be like a cup of lotion left in the bottom after the pump stops working. That drives me up the wall! But it is the same for brands too I have noticed.....oh well. It is regularly like 7$ but it goes on sale pretty often and you can get it for like 3$. AND they don't test on animals which I love! *wink* ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by khorne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lotion. When I first bought it was very surprised how thick it was and how well it moisturized. It is inexpensive and helps soothe my sensitive skin. It is a HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jaerfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Finally, my HG lotion. :)

The price is reasonable, you get a huge bottle with a pump for 6 bucks I think?

Smells fabulous. :) Moisturizes perfectly. Non-sticky, non-greasy. Love it!

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by seaglassmakeupcollector

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I like a cheap everyday body lotion that I can pick up whenever I run out. I actually like this more than bath and body works body lotions. I also love the fact that you can use it on your hands; it doesn't feel weird or gross on hands like some lotions do. Smell is amazing. It smells like coconuts to me for some reason.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this at the local dollar store for $3 and HAD to buy it, because hey, I use the oatmeal & shea butter body wash and I love to match! :P The lotion I bought came in a nice pump bottle for a good price. You get plenty of product, but the bottle doesn't take up half the counter. The lotion itself is really moisturzing, non-greasy, rubs right in to the skin, and doesn't break me out on my chest or back. The only downside is that when you rub this in right after showering (when your skin is still damp), it smells a little rancid, like mildew, which is why I took a lippie off. Just let it sit for an hour or so and the smell will "relax" in to the normal soft, sweet smell. Also, it doesn't smell bad at all if you rub it on when you're completely dry. All in all, this is an awesome lotion for winter and summer, and I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am no lotion afficianado. But this stuff is the best lotion I've ever used, hands down.

It's non-greasy and actually absorbs into your skin rather than sitting on top of it like a greasy film. It absorbs quickly. My skin feels immediately soft after using it. The best part for me though, is that I have eczema pretty bad on my hands, and unlike many other lotions, this does not sting them. The scent is very pleasant, too. Kinda vanilla-ish. It's really the only thing that's saved my hands this winter. I will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up from the trial size bins at Target. I think this is a pretty good overall lotion. I am using on my hands.

Pros: Absorbs quickly and leaves a nice soft feel to the skin. Just enough, and not at all greasy.

Cons: The scent is a little bit playdoughy, but dissipates quickly after rubbing in.

I would repurchase for hand use, but if you really have some seriously dry skin on your hands or legs, I would go with something heavier

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by maybemaybenot

I love this stuff. I used some of a friends and just had to buy some I love it. It dont make me itch or anything. I love the smell to. It helps my dry skin and hands. I will def buy more

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by beelovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is aweful ! Its supposed to be to calm and soothe dry skin , and it did nothing for my skin . It made it itchy and dry . I really try to love St.Ives products but just doesnt happen .. Will never buy this again and St.Ives products period

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by francesmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love the St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter moisturizer - as a body moisturizer only (I should point out). It absorbs so nicely into your skin, leaves it feeling soothed and moisturized. The scent is nice too, not too overpowering. I cannot use the Vaseline Shea lotion that so many reviewers have preferred, I don't find it absorbs well and I don't like their use of petroleum.
But St. Ives is natural, doesn't test on animals and has a great ingredient list. Love!