October 24, 2014 | 1043 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great moisturizer!! Super cheap and great quality. Non greasy,sticky, and does a great job of moisturizing. The scent is also very nice too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay. I have a few gripes about this product. One, there is like NO colloidal oatmeal in this product. It is the very last ingredient, so whatever is there is infinitesimal. This is certainly NOT a natural or naturally-derived product, though it markets itself as such.

It's cheap. The scent is light and unoffensive. However, it burns the skin on my arms and legs when I put it on, despite it being marketed towards people with dry, itchy skin. If your skin is truly sensitive, stay away from this stuff. It's supposedly "non-irritating," but I found it to be the opposite. That said, it is a good moisturizer, once it gets past the burning stage on my skin, but it hurts so much I really don't like to use it.

If you want a product with substantial amounts of natural ingredients, try Aveeno or even better, go with a natural, homemade product from one of the many sellers on Etsy or Ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really like this product. For the price, it's a great moisturiser. I like to use it on my feet, legs, arms and funny bone area after I've showered and before I go to bed. It smells wonderful, and is great for my sensitive skin - even after shaving. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a budget moisturiser, which is specially important during winter. I go through moisturiser like it's nobody's business, so cheap and effective is the way forward!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lotion is great. It's exactly what I've been looking for, and fits perfectly into my budget. A full 18 oz pump bottle for $3, smells wonderful, and keeps my skin feeling comfortable and soft. It absorbs quickly, so I don't have to worry about sticking to everything (one reason why I don't apply lotion as often as I should). The scent is sweet, but not overpowering and won't interfere with my perfumes. My skin isn't overly dry, but due to my crappy apartment water it does get tight and itchy if I don't use lotion every so often, which makes this the perfect lotion for me. I'd definitely recommend this to those with normal skin just looking for a simple, everyday lotion. For $3 you can't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Between constant dry skin and working at Bath and Body Works, I've tried my fair share of lotions in my 22 years. St. Ives is hands down the best lotion brand I've found for minimizing the appearance of my keratosis pilaris, and the Oatmeal and Shea Butter is one of my favorites. It's very thick but not greasy. The packaging is fine until it gets too low, then I have to move the remainder to a jar. I'm not a huge fan of strongly-scented lotions, but this smells quite soothing. And the price! I just got some more today on sale at Target for 2.99. Awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bunnywinks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this product. It smells amazing, provides excellent moisture for my dry skin. It comes in a large bottle, so you get lots. Only downside I would say is that there always seems to be like a cup of lotion left in the bottom after the pump stops working. That drives me up the wall! But it is the same for brands too I have noticed.....oh well. It is regularly like 7$ but it goes on sale pretty often and you can get it for like 3$. AND they don't test on animals which I love! *wink* ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by khorne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lotion. When I first bought it was very surprised how thick it was and how well it moisturized. It is inexpensive and helps soothe my sensitive skin. It is a HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by jaerfe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Finally, my HG lotion. :)

The price is reasonable, you get a huge bottle with a pump for 6 bucks I think?

Smells fabulous. :) Moisturizes perfectly. Non-sticky, non-greasy. Love it!

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by seaglassmakeupcollector

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I like a cheap everyday body lotion that I can pick up whenever I run out. I actually like this more than bath and body works body lotions. I also love the fact that you can use it on your hands; it doesn't feel weird or gross on hands like some lotions do. Smell is amazing. It smells like coconuts to me for some reason.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this at the local dollar store for $3 and HAD to buy it, because hey, I use the oatmeal & shea butter body wash and I love to match! :P The lotion I bought came in a nice pump bottle for a good price. You get plenty of product, but the bottle doesn't take up half the counter. The lotion itself is really moisturzing, non-greasy, rubs right in to the skin, and doesn't break me out on my chest or back. The only downside is that when you rub this in right after showering (when your skin is still damp), it smells a little rancid, like mildew, which is why I took a lippie off. Just let it sit for an hour or so and the smell will "relax" in to the normal soft, sweet smell. Also, it doesn't smell bad at all if you rub it on when you're completely dry. All in all, this is an awesome lotion for winter and summer, and I'll definitely repurchase!