OPI Vodka & Caviar

4.6

on 10/5/2007 8:21:00 AM

This was my only purchase from the Russian collection. Looks very similar to lots of other OPI reds in the bottle, but on my nails, it's the perfect fall/winter red. Very sophisticated and glamorous.

on 10/4/2007 6:52:00 PM

OPI's Vodka & Caviar, part of the Fall 2007 Russian collection, is a rich, deep red creme nail polish. I had been on the hunt for the perfect, classic red nail polish, and my criteria was nothing too blue/berry/purple, too orange/brown, and no shimmer. Compared to other OPI polishes, V&C polish fits what I had been looking for, and as someone noted below, the perfect polish for a "pin up" look. V&C applies without streaking, with intense color, and with the Orly Rubberized basecoat and Seche Vite top coat, lasts forever (as a pedicure). I love the packaging, and the Pro Wide brush ensures an even application. For reference: NC30, Korean, yellow-neutral undertones; brown eyes/brunette.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

V&C is just so so so pretty! Its a bright true red creme. Nice for a pin-up retro type look, its glossy on its own but out of this world shiny with the Seche topcoat! Not streaky, not gooey and since its a nice universal true red I think it would flatter almost any skintone. Its not a unique color but I would repurchase because of the quality and the adorable name.

THE PERFECT RED! I love this so much. It is very creamy and opaque and SO SHINY. I don't even like red nail polish but this one really caught my eye. I will def. buy again if I run out.

on 9/20/2007 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love love love this color! I was so excited about the Russian Collection when I saw it online and figured I'd end up buying every color. In person, however, the only color that caught my eye was the Vodka & Caviar. I hadn't worn OPI polish for about 10 years and was impressed with how smoothly it went on. I did two coats (plus a base and high gloss top coat) and got beautiful results. This is the most perfect red I've seen in a long time. Really a stunning color! Definitely a new staple in my nail polish collection!

on 9/20/2007 12:03:00 AM

I love this color. It does not apply streaky or sheer on me at all. It is a true red and I love it. Reminds me of fire engine red. I do use 2 coats topped with Essie good to go. I am left with red glossy nails. I would buy again.

on 9/1/2007 11:27:00 PM

eh... i wanted to love this, because of the name. i admit it, i'm a whore for catchy product names! i adore red nail polish, but this doesn't stand out. it's not bad, but it's not... POW! it seems that for now, JANE's Hot Blooded continues to hold the title of the PERFECT red nail polish... anyway... one coat of V&C appears sheer and somewhat streaky, as well as very blue-based. two coats gives full, smooth coverage and the read appears less blue, more neutral. the end result is a very shiny, pretty red, but if you already have a favorite red polish, you probably don't need this one. i love OPI, and while this is a good polish, it's not their best.

on 8/22/2007 8:31:00 AM

Vodka & Caviar (what a delicious name!) is from OPI's 2007 Russian collection. I think it probably looks a little more fab in the bottle than it does on the nail. It's a true bright red on me, not too blue or too orange. The creme finish is very pretty and glossy, and I found it to be very easy to apply. Two coats is perfect. It's a little more of a fun red than a sophisticated red, in my opinion. I don't think I'd repurchase it just because it's not a unique colour, but I will enjoy wearing it.

Pics:Nails continued >>

on 8/21/2007 5:55:00 PM

I didn't care for this when I first put it on. I had a hard time with the formula, it was streaky and gloopy at the same time. It took 3 coats to correct my streaks from the first two coats! I also wasn't initially wowed by the color, because it isn't too unique (and frankly, I was still irritated by the cruddy application.)

After wearing it though, it really has grown on me. It is such a happy red! V&C is a bright cherry creme, not too dark even at 3 coats. It seems to be a true neutral red in sunlight, neither too warm or cool. I haven't done any swatch comparisons yet to see if I own any definite dups, and there may be several, since cherry red cremes are hardly unique among nail polishes.

Overall, for me it is a keeper for now, but I don't know if I would buy it again. There are so many red cremes out there, I'm sure another new one will come along before I need to consider buying a new bottle of Vodka & Caviar.

Popular Polishes