April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla? Ehhhh. The only scent that seemed really evident to me was the Bergamot. It reminded me in a sense of Guerlain's Vetiver (for blokes) but with some other junk thrown in there. I must admit, I like the way it smelled, at first. It was woodsy, mysterious, dark. As it dried down and the more I sniffed it, I realised that I didn't like the stuff.
I used to order homemade bath and body products from a seller on eBay. She sends out free "sniffies" with every order. I was actually looking for a Vetiver knockoff, and she had a scent called "Vetyver"-- I'm assuming a knockoff from someone else. I never made a purchase 'cos it smelled cheap and very overwhelming. Like a powdery, synthetic bergamot. That's exactly what Midnight Poison smelled like to me. The more it mellowed, the cheaper it smelled. It finally reminded me of something you'd find amongst the "Designer Imposters" fragrances. No bueno.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by magnificent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth to review...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

what can I say?....I know....IT STINKS....I was VERY disapointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by susielhelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this perfume in the mail after I ordered some items. This smell is just off, something is wrong here...I wanted to LOVE it based on the description, but it almost seems to have a weird camphor or chemical smell to it as well as a overall powdery quality to the notes which I absolutely hate. I think it may be the "modern sandalwood" they tend to use in alot of perfumes lately that gives it that strange powdery scent. Overall I think this is really disgusting and based on my experience with it I would not purchase. This is a very odd scent and I would strongly advise checking this out with a sample before ordering from Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

MP is all dry, earthy patchouli and rose with woods lurking in the shadows. Give it a chance to settle before making a final verdict, as this one comes on STRONG. Definitely for evening only, and go light on the application-- I literally have a tough time breathing when I put too much on! People with allergies will have a tough time with this one. Gorgeous bottle, and I think the best Poison version released since the original. Dark, sexy, and fabulous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I bought this.

To me, it opens with a medicine-y odour (hayfever or cold spray I think) then morphs into everything I disliked about Coco Mlle (the patchouli, mostly). It's a very woodsy fragrance, I get that, but if anything in Midnight Poison appeals to you~ try Euphoria for a friendlier version, or Coco Mlle for a more feminine version.

EDIT: My colleague wore this to work today~ it's just as offensive as it was the first time I sniffed it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this and was undecided about the scent on my skin, so i wait half pass the hour of spraying it, and it smells like ARMANI CODE PERFUME ON ME! BUMMER!!...SO, I RETURED IT because i wanted something different but, nice and i swapped it for PRADA TENDRE...AHHH WHAT A GREAT SCENT ...OVER THIS ...Its a wanna be armani code but, in a strong way...nice scent but, not different. its like....ok...but, not wow!, so let it stay at the store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 7:18:00 AM More reviews by lillie_munster

This, to me, is more of a Snowwhite than a Cinderella perfume. I fancy a black-as-ebony patchouli-accord, a red-as-blood rose and a white-as-snow lemon and vanilla note in this perfume which has, from the first moment on when i smelled it from a sample caught my attention.
For lovers of Coco Mademoiselle (it is a similar bergamot/mandarin-patchouli accord but woodier here) Euphoria (minus the fruit) and wearers on whom Angel turns woody (minus the honey and chocolate) this one is a sure bet.
It turns the world upside down regarding to what we knew about head-, middle- and topnotes!!
In the beginning there is an intense red rose (a dark yet fresh and wet rose, like on a fresh grave, my gothic mind tells me...) with patchouli! In the middle i get bergamot which gives me a decided Chypré feel but in the end there are amber and vanilla softening it out and making it a bottle of a fine oriental dropped on a leafy and earthy forest's ground.
An everywhere and everytime perfume and a worthy bearer of the grand nom "POISON". I am a faithful devotee of Hypnotic Poison and i respect the other three (the original, Tendre Poison and Pure Poison) although i don't wear them myself. But this new baby is just... perfect for the season, for the mood, for the taste and for the feeling.
In the very ending of the basenotes i think to fathom a trace of the original (purple) Poison, of fruity berries of the forest and wintergreen - i am not quite sure... but i like it!
The bottle shows something that appears to me like a lunar eclipse on dark blue glass, very beautiful with a silver writing instead of the golden one of Hypnotic Poison and the bottle has a shiny finish, not the matte one.
Just spray on end enjoy autumn!

18 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a terrifying fragrance!!!!!! I'm not kidding...it really is. There arent very many fragrances that could invoke feelings of fright or terror but, to me, Midnight Poison does. It starts off with an extreme "campho phenique" type scent. You know that stuff for cold sores "campho phenique". It smells exactly like that to me. I read on Sephoras website that this is the fragrance Cinderella would wear and as she is running out the door at midnight a trail of Midnight Poison is left in the air. This is not the picture i get from this fragrance. There are a couple of different scenarios this fragrance brings to mind. The first one is Mrs. Vorhees on her killing spree. Mrs. Vorhees is Jason's mother in the first Friday the 13th movie. I can see her wearing this fragrance as she is impaling people with arrows, sliting people's throats, and chopping axes into people's heads. Towards the end of the movie she is finally revealed and she appears sweet and delicate....like a rose....the main note in this scent. However, it's not a sweet/fruity rose. It's a very different kind of rose. The second scenario is Count Dracula. I've stated in other reviews scents i can see him wearing but Midnight Poison is the ultimate Count Dracula scent. I see him reeking of this just as he is about to bite into someone's neck.

7 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Annechka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Dior pefume I've really liked, its interesting and kind of grows on you. Not too sweet

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No