Dior Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 11/15/2007 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well gee whiz. Now I feel like I must be a man, or at least smell like one, because I have been addicted to wearing this stuff. To me the rose is prominant, and patchouli takes a back seat, making it a very earthy and dark rose fragrance. I could be kidding myself, but I swear, I smell great! I went back to sephora several times just to put this on before I finally bought it. Now I keep sniffing at the bottle and putting drops on whenever I get a chance. It's a keeper for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful fragrance if you want to smell like a man, but personally I do NOT want to smell like a guy. This has great lasting power, but is way to heavy and heady and masculine for my tastes.

Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla? Ehhhh. The only scent that seemed really evident to me was the Bergamot. It reminded me in a sense of Guerlain's Vetiver (for blokes) but with some other junk thrown in there. I must admit, I like the way it smelled, at first. It was woodsy, mysterious, dark. As it dried down and the more I sniffed it, I realised that I didn't like the stuff.
I used to order homemade bath and body products from a seller on eBay. She sends out free "sniffies" with every order. I was actually looking for a Vetiver knockoff, and she had a scent called "Vetyver"-- I'm assuming a knockoff from someone else. I never made a purchase 'cos it smelled cheap and very overwhelming. Like a powdery, synthetic bergamot. That's exactly what Midnight Poison smelled like to me. The more it mellowed, the cheaper it smelled. It finally reminded me of something you'd find amongst the "Designer Imposters" fragrances. No bueno.

on 11/5/2007 9:13:00 AM

Not worth to review...

on 11/4/2007 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

what can I say?....I know....IT STINKS....I was VERY disapointed.

on 11/4/2007 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a free sample of this perfume in the mail after I ordered some items. This smell is just off, something is wrong here...I wanted to LOVE it based on the description, but it almost seems to have a weird camphor or chemical smell to it as well as a overall powdery quality to the notes which I absolutely hate. I think it may be the "modern sandalwood" they tend to use in alot of perfumes lately that gives it that strange powdery scent. Overall I think this is really disgusting and based on my experience with it I would not purchase. This is a very odd scent and I would strongly advise checking this out with a sample before ordering from Sephora.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MP is all dry, earthy patchouli and rose with woods lurking in the shadows. Give it a chance to settle before making a final verdict, as this one comes on STRONG. Definitely for evening only, and go light on the application-- I literally have a tough time breathing when I put too much on! People with allergies will have a tough time with this one. Gorgeous bottle, and I think the best Poison version released since the original. Dark, sexy, and fabulous.

on 10/31/2007 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I don't know why I bought this.

To me, it opens with a medicine-y odour (hayfever or cold spray I think) then morphs into everything I disliked about Coco Mlle (the patchouli, mostly). It's a very woodsy fragrance, I get that, but if anything in Midnight Poison appeals to you~ try Euphoria for a friendlier version, or Coco Mlle for a more feminine version.

EDIT: My colleague wore this to work today~ it's just as offensive as it was the first time I sniffed it.

on 10/23/2007 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i bought this and was undecided about the scent on my skin, so i wait half pass the hour of spraying it, and it smells like ARMANI CODE PERFUME ON ME! BUMMER!!...SO, I RETURED IT because i wanted something different but, nice and i swapped it for PRADA TENDRE...AHHH WHAT A GREAT SCENT ...OVER THIS ...Its a wanna be armani code but, in a strong way...nice scent but, not different. its like....ok...but, not wow!, so let it stay at the store.

This, to me, is more of a Snowwhite than a Cinderella perfume. I fancy a black-as-ebony patchouli-accord, a red-as-blood rose and a white-as-snow lemon and vanilla note in this perfume which has, from the first moment on when i smelled it from a sample caught my attention.
For lovers of Coco Mademoiselle (it is a similar bergamot/mandarin-patchouli accord but woodier here) Euphoria (minus the fruit) and wearers on whom Angel turns woody (minus the honey and chocolate) this one is a sure bet.
It turns the world upside down regarding to what we knew about head-, middle- and topnotes!!
In the beginning there is an intense red rose (a dark yet fresh and wet rose, like on a fresh grave, my gothic mind tells me...) with patchouli! In the middle i get bergamot which gives me a decided Chypré feel but in the end there are amber and vanilla softening it out and making it a bottle of a fine oriental dropped on a leafy and earthy forest's ground.
An everywhere and everytime perfume and a worthy bearer of the grand nom "POISON". I am a faithful devotee of Hypnotic Poison and i respect the other three (the original, Tendre Poison and Pure Poison) although i don't wear them myself. But this new baby is just... perfect for the season, for the mood, for the taste and for the feeling.
In the very ending of the basenotes i think to fathom a trace of the original (purple) Poison, of fruity berries of the forest and wintergreen - i am not quite sure... but i like it!
The bottle shows something that appears to me like a lunar eclipse on dark blue glass, very beautiful with a silver writing instead of the golden one of Hypnotic Poison and the bottle has a shiny finish, not the matte one.
Just spray on end enjoy autumn!

Popular Fragrances