October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by prillita

I agree with the reviewer below! I think it smells absolutely delicious. I got it as a sample in the latest sephora catalogue and I am considering buying the fullsize.

I'll admit, I prefer more "masculine" fragrances, I'm not into intense florals and I hate most fruity scents, so it makes sense that this one appeals to me. I'm really picking up on the patchouli. Mmm I'm not sure what else I'm smelling, but I really like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by JenM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well gee whiz. Now I feel like I must be a man, or at least smell like one, because I have been addicted to wearing this stuff. To me the rose is prominant, and patchouli takes a back seat, making it a very earthy and dark rose fragrance. I could be kidding myself, but I swear, I smell great! I went back to sephora several times just to put this on before I finally bought it. Now I keep sniffing at the bottle and putting drops on whenever I get a chance. It's a keeper for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful fragrance if you want to smell like a man, but personally I do NOT want to smell like a guy. This has great lasting power, but is way to heavy and heady and masculine for my tastes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mandarin, Bergamot, Rose, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla? Ehhhh. The only scent that seemed really evident to me was the Bergamot. It reminded me in a sense of Guerlain's Vetiver (for blokes) but with some other junk thrown in there. I must admit, I like the way it smelled, at first. It was woodsy, mysterious, dark. As it dried down and the more I sniffed it, I realised that I didn't like the stuff.
    I used to order homemade bath and body products from a seller on eBay. She sends out free "sniffies" with every order. I was actually looking for a Vetiver knockoff, and she had a scent called "Vetyver"-- I'm assuming a knockoff from someone else. I never made a purchase 'cos it smelled cheap and very overwhelming. Like a powdery, synthetic bergamot. That's exactly what Midnight Poison smelled like to me. The more it mellowed, the cheaper it smelled. It finally reminded me of something you'd find amongst the "Designer Imposters" fragrances. No bueno.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by magnificent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth to review...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

what can I say?....I know....IT STINKS....I was VERY disapointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by susielhelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this perfume in the mail after I ordered some items. This smell is just off, something is wrong here...I wanted to LOVE it based on the description, but it almost seems to have a weird camphor or chemical smell to it as well as a overall powdery quality to the notes which I absolutely hate. I think it may be the "modern sandalwood" they tend to use in alot of perfumes lately that gives it that strange powdery scent. Overall I think this is really disgusting and based on my experience with it I would not purchase. This is a very odd scent and I would strongly advise checking this out with a sample before ordering from Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

MP is all dry, earthy patchouli and rose with woods lurking in the shadows. Give it a chance to settle before making a final verdict, as this one comes on STRONG. Definitely for evening only, and go light on the application-- I literally have a tough time breathing when I put too much on! People with allergies will have a tough time with this one. Gorgeous bottle, and I think the best Poison version released since the original. Dark, sexy, and fabulous.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I bought this.

To me, it opens with a medicine-y odour (hayfever or cold spray I think) then morphs into everything I disliked about Coco Mlle (the patchouli, mostly). It's a very woodsy fragrance, I get that, but if anything in Midnight Poison appeals to you~ try Euphoria for a friendlier version, or Coco Mlle for a more feminine version.

EDIT: My colleague wore this to work today~ it's just as offensive as it was the first time I sniffed it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this and was undecided about the scent on my skin, so i wait half pass the hour of spraying it, and it smells like ARMANI CODE PERFUME ON ME! BUMMER!!...SO, I RETURED IT because i wanted something different but, nice and i swapped it for PRADA TENDRE...AHHH WHAT A GREAT SCENT ...OVER THIS ...Its a wanna be armani code but, in a strong way...nice scent but, not different. its like....ok...but, not wow!, so let it stay at the store.