October 2, 2014 | 1499 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by linet182

I wanted to like this stuff... I really did, but honestly it dried out my eyelids, made them SUPER itchy, my eye shadow still didn't stay in place. I tend to love all MAC products so it's a bit of a bummer how much I disliked this primer. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been contemplating buying this product for a long time and was hesitant because I own a few primers and bases already. The hype finally sucked me in and I bought it, typical me haha. This colour is a nice flesh colour and it comes in a very sturdy jar, almost like MAC's gel liner container but way bigger.

When I first ran my finger along the top it felt kind of dry which freaked me out because I thought it would be creamier, but it was super creamy once I patted it on my eye. I hae really oily eyelids and only UDPP would help and sometimes it wouldn't even do anything for me. I tried this on and not only did my eyeshadows POP like crazy it made them easier to blend and last ALL DAY. I did not crease at all, my eyeshadows looked so fresh and gorgeous as if I just applied it. I don't know why it took me so long to buy this but I will definitely buy this again. I'm not sure how long it'll be before I finish this because it has a lot of product and a little goes a longgg way with this. Definitely worth the steep price ($25CAD) because it'll probably last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was searching for a paint pot that I can wear on its own (I don't like eyeshadow). After reading reviews about soft ochre I purchased it. I didn't like it. It made my eyes sick looking on my nc25 skin tone. I heard also great things about painterly and I gave it a try since I didn't like the soft ochre paint pot. I LOVE this. It is much creamier and fits my skintone perfectly! It covers up my blue veins as well. I should've bought painterly first though because now I waisted 18 on soft ochre.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this paint pot as a base for my eyeshadow. It makes the colors pop and it tends to stay on for quite some time (at least 6 hours). This product has also lasted me longer than any other product I have, somewhere around a year and a half. It comes in a small glass jar and is pretty easy to retrieve from inside the jar. As much as I love this product I probably wouldn't buy it again because it is expensive and I have heard there are other cheaper products that are the same or better, so I'd like to give them a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the best thing that has ever happened to me. i have oily skin especially my eyelids. i start creasing immediately. i've used eyeshadow primers and they've helped in prolonging my creaseless state. however, i start creasing before the day even ends. when i used this, my eyeshadow was perfectly in tact even after being out for 15 hours. no fading and creasing and the color just popped even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjlc

MAC has done it again with this gem of a product. I love how versatile this is - I can use it on it's own, or add any powdered eye shadow on top of it to make the pigment really stand out. I have oily eyelids so I initially thought this cream eye shadow would crease on me after an hour... but the lady at MAC persuaded me that it wouldn't and I'm so glad I bought this stuff! There's so much in the little pot, it's going to last me ages! Overall, a great product and one I would definitely recommend for anyone's make up arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite eyeshadow base. I use this EVERY day - The color is perfect, evens out my NW 20 skin and makes the eye area SO bright. My eyeshadow stays put and doesn't crease. I've noticed other paint pots have a different consistency, some are much creamier/oiler and others are more dry. Painterly is perfect. It blends without being overly creamy (like bare study is). If I want super heavy duty priming action, I'll add UDPP on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by StellaXYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I sort of love and hate this product. If I consider it as a nude eyeshadow or eyeshadow base, it does a good job. While applied alone, it makes a lovely nude eye. While applied as a base, it makes the eyeshadow significantly more vibrant even with some relatively low quality ones.

But as a primer, it just doesn't fit my oily lids. It creases even sooner than when I wear eyeshadows without it. To avoid this problem, I put a little UDPP then Paint Pot and the colour stayed all day long without creasing. I also suggest applying it with a brush as the texture is quite thick and might get dirty while applying with fingers.

I personnally would repurchase it as it does make eyeshadows much more vibrant and I found my solutions regarding its problems. I'd recommend it as a base to normal skin type who prefer vivid eyeshadow colour. For those who have oily lids, you may need a proper eye primer under it. And if you're looking for a product just to prevent creasing and you don't apply vivid eyeshadow colour, I suggest you don't waste your money on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this paint pot as a base for my eyeshadows for YEARS. This is also the only base I ever use. It lasts forever. It's almost my skintone, it makes the eyeshadows lasts longer and makes them more vibrant. Great base.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by GiselaMiller

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this after reading all the good reviews about it. Glad I did! I use this every day. It evens out the skin tone on my eyes beautifully. You can't really see it b/c it's such a neutral color, but it makes a huge difference. It also works as a primer before applying eye shadow. As all MAC products, I believe the price is decent considering that their products last such a long time. Highly recommend this!