MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/20/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this! I use it as an eyeshadow primer. The color matches my lids perfectly and I love that it's matte. My shadow lasts alllll day with this. I also use UD which will sometimes crease a little on me by the end of the day, but some shadows apply a little easier over the UD. I will always repurchase this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this paint pot! Painterly is a beautiful, highly pigmented beige cream shadow that has no shimmer. The formula is creamy, easy to apply/blend, and fairly long lasting. I haven't had any issues with creasing, but I do often use a primer underneath. The pot does dry out after you have had it for awhile, but I have found that my Maybelline Color Tattoos dry out much faster. Painterly is a great, basic color that can be used as a base for any shadow or on its own if you prefer a more natural look. If I could only own one cream shadow, it would definitely be this because of its versatility. Highly recommend!

on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM

I use my painterly pot as an undereye concealer because it matches my skintone perfectly. It could blend into my skin a bit better but I love it and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.
As an eyeshadow base, I feel it is difficult to apply eyeshadow too, as it doesn't glide on. I prefer a liquid eye shadow base.
Call first before going to the store because they are usually out of stock.

on 7/19/2013 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So I just decided to put forth the money to buy one of these. I have very oily lids and even the best shadows crease on mine. So I decided to take a chance and get this. So far I LOVE it. Now compared to urban decays Primer Potion in Eden its thicker and not as yellow. But Eden was always my favorite primer and these two might be neck and neck. I know not everyone uses these as primers but I love it as one. So far its a great addition to my collection and I may buy it again when I run out. But since a little goes a long way it may be a while! But eyeshadows stay ALL day and so far I have had no problems with fading or creasing! HALLELUJAH!!!!

on 7/17/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is amazing! Would repurchase again and again! Holds the eyeshadow in place forever, is easy to blend upon and provides a beautiful base

on 7/11/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolute must have for me! Evens out lid discoloration, provides non-slip base for other eye makeup or to wear on its own. Soooo much prettier than eye primer! MAC is absolutely the best I've found for eye products!

on 7/9/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing product. Keeps eyeshadow in place longer, facilitates more eyeshadow color pay-off. Smoothes out discolouration. Practical, simple packaging.

on 7/7/2013 8:01:00 PM

Great alone or with eye make up. Cut down on creasing by 90%

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I like this- it gives amazing color payoff! Buuuuuuut unfortunately this was too dry to be used on my lids! I always used a littttte eensie weensie bit of eye cream before applying and that seemed to help, but I only use this for colorful eye looks anymore. I haven't had an issue with this drying out (in the pot) as of yet, but I have heard of people having that problem.

on 6/29/2013 4:12:00 AM

Evens out the lid color providing a very polished rosy nude look. Enhancing the color of eyeshadows worn on top. Powdering slightly over after application improves staying power. I wouldn`t recommend wearing another eyeshadow base underneath as then the formula gets pasty emphasizing every single wrinkle you don`t even have yet.