BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 4/22/2012 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I do notice a difference on days when I use That Gal and when I don't. Face looks more refreshed on days that I use it and make up stays longer too. This is the first and only primer I tried, so I am glad that it works.

on 4/19/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't do anything for my skin neither does it make my skin look any better. Nice consistancy though, won't repurchase condering how expensive it is. I guess you're mostly paying for the packaging really

on 4/7/2012 2:01:00 PM

The instant perfector of dry, dull sallow skin! This product is not for everyone. It is nothing like those silicone primers so if you're looking for something like that, to prolong the wear and color of your makeup then this primer is NOT for you. What I believe it does is correct discoloration and sallowness of the skin and brightens and helps to perfect the look of the skin. It is perfect for people with dry skin who need brightening. I absolutely love the pink tone it leaves, making the skin appear younger, fresher, alive! Which is good If you're anything like me and look like a walking corpse. It's great if your skin lacks color and is dry but you do not want to tan or use fake tans. It's also great if you have dark skin that tends to look ashy. I absolutely love it, I find I can use much less foundation over top since my skin looks much healthier underneath and it adds more life to my foundation as well. I just wish they gave you more product for your money, it runs out so fast which makes it very costly.

on 3/30/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

When I first apply it it feels kind of dry, not silky or smooth.
It doesn't make any difference, my make up may last just a little bit longer than it does without this primer but I can live without it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Sampled it before i bought it expecting to like it but it really did nothing for me. In my case it'd be just one more product to take up space really. There was no noticable brightening or staying power, anything. Also way too much pink pigment. Maybe it just doesn't work for my skin tone...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A great product but i think it is being misunderstood a fair bit here.

First, it is not a generic 'primer' as most of us consider. the benefit website calls it a 'brightening primer' and so it is. the main function of this thing is to brighten ur face and complexion. so if u r looking for a matifying or something that helps ur foundation to stay fresh, that gal is not the one.

secondly, that gal has a quite significant pink tint to it. so it may be more suited to fairer and cooler skin toned girls. i have a neutral cool undertone and medium-fair skin tone, and it works amazingly on my skin. i think if you have a darker skin tone or warmer undertone, that gal may not brighten your skin as effectively as fairer skin tones.

i moisturize my face, then put on my clarins instant smooth perfector primer, followed by that gal all over my face, and finish off with theBalm translucent powder. I also use YSL radiant touch to highlight the high points of my face. the end result is a dewy, fresh and brightened finish. my face looks so natural and fresh and its the perfect combination of makeup if u just feel like something light and natural.

I chose 'will not buy again' becoz i have a lot of other brightening primers / highlighters already....so i feel like a bit of a waste if i stock another brightening product in.. but i run out of my existing stock, i will definitely purchase this again..

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was attracted to the cute packaging and cute name of this product. It comes out this cute pink from the twist tube and has a sweet, almost strawberry shortcake scent (in a nice way!). Though the packaging was cute, I hated that you couldn't tell how much was in the tube (I suspect, very little). Especially considering this was $28, it felt like the amount of product you got was a rip-off. In terms of its priming properties, I personally didn't much / if any difference in my foundation application or the length of time it stayed on. It was pleasant to use, I'm just not convinced that it did much.

on 3/17/2012 8:42:00 PM

I generally find any product from Benefit to be very drying on skin and That Gal was no exception. It was very hard to spread on my face and clinged to any dry patches on my face.

I've had this for a little while, say a couple months, I've used it once or twice, Im a little confused as what it is doing when I put it on my face. It gives me pink patches, maybe I should where this on my cheeks underneith a blush. I don't know, the smell of it doesn't appeal to me either. I like the packaging. I just not a fan of the product. Maybe if it dispense a concealer or a cream blush.

on 3/6/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't even want to get into this. This product is quite useless. It doesn't help prolong your makeup wear. It doesn't brighten as it claims. It just sits there on your face doing nothing. Also, I didn't realize when I was buying it (stupid me) but it has parabens! The only reason I gave it a two was because it feels very nice.