September 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder a lot! The two lighter shades. Sand is my skin tone and I use Cream as a highlighter. I use to spend 60$ on makeup forever sculpting pallet but rinmel's bronzer and this powder are a dupe for it. This keeps my face matte 6 hours :) and its very finley milled.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Loujanexoxo

Okay so I wasn't really planning on purchasing this product I was at Kroger & I passed by the make up section because I just love make up lol and so I noticed this powder & I took it in medium beige .. & I have to admit .. I EFFIN LOVE THIS PRODUCT !!!!! LORD HAS ANSWERED MY PRAYERS !!! I was so SICK & TIRED of foundations I could never find the right one they ALWAYS make my face look so shiny after one hour !!!! This looks natural and smooth & lasts for a long time with out the shine, although after 8 hours I like to re apply or just get a napkin and dab it on the shiny spots and it looks fresh ! It just removes the shine. What I do every morning is wash my face and then apply lotion to my dry spots , apply primer , then conceler on my acne scars & apply this powder . What I don't seem to like about this powder is that it makes me look whiter for about an hour and then it kicks in to my natural color & it is a little sheer. But I would most definitely purchase this again , no doubt !!! & I recommend this to Any one with shiny oily skin ! And this does not clog pores !! I love this product !!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I have an oily t-zone and this powder does not keep my face matte! I feel like within an hour of wearing it, my skin is already oily and needs a touch up. It's a decent finishing powder, if you want something light and natural, but not for oil control.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*UPDATED* I feel terrible for giving this powder such a bad review when it was my foundation that was really the problem. I thought this powder made my foundation look pink but it turns out the foundation (Loreal True Match) would oxide after a while. I never noticed this but the foundation also had sparkles in it which gave my face a sparkly/sheen appearance which is bad. Well I used this powder to set a new foundation that I'm currently using and it turns out that it's a decent powder. It keeps your face matte for about 4-5 hours depending on your skin type and the temperature/humidity. I have dryish/combo skin that gets pretty oily throughout the day. The one bad thing about this foundation is I feel like it looks a little cakey. The packaging it pretty bulky. It has a part that slides out from the bottom revealing a mirror and a puff which is a plus. Perfect for on the go touch ups. It can be cheap depending on where you live and where you buy it from. It's about 4-$8. Overall it's a decent powder. Not the best but not bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love love love. adore adore adore. keeps me matte, lasts all day on my oily skin. hate maybelline for discontinuing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

one word: cakey.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I sooooo wanted to love this product! So many of my friends use it, and they always look wonderful. However, even in the lightest shade this powder made me turn orange - it is waay to dark for me. Maybelline - PLEASE MAKE A LIGHTER SHADE OF THIS!!! Everything about this product is WONDERFUL except the color range!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by helenlynguyen

At first I actually thought I didn't like this product, until I found myself hitting pan and basically using it everyday haha. I have other powders such as MAC, Lancome, Benefit, MUFE, but I tend to use this most. I guess I really like this product. I use it by itself to go to school, because it's really lightweight. Feels like I have nothing on. I would not wear it alone to go out, because there's barely any coverage. It just evens out your skin tone and it really helps with keeping oiliness at bay. I would use this to set my foundation; however, I would like more coverage when I go out. For it's cheap price, everyone should atleast try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by nnn5321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the packaging. It spins strangely out of the side and I can never figure it out haha! Also, the sponge is made out of a weird material so that's another reason. However, this product is amazing! It really does give an airbrushed look to the skin without being too heavy. It doesn't cause breakouts and doesn't settle into pores. For the matte aspect of it, it really does keep my skin shine free throughout the whole day! I recommend this product because it us under $8 which is great because it is high end quality for a fair price. I would def repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by tecnogrl

Fabulous! I am so grateful to all the women who took the time to write reviews for this product. I probably never would have tried it without all the rave reviews. In my effort to find the perfect setting powder but also to curb my spending I gave this one a try. I am so glad I did. It is light weight, not powdery looking, gives a nice airbrushed look when used with a good powder brush, not the puff included. I used a Sedona Lace synthetic tapered angle brush to buff this in and got great results. The shade I chose was Sand Med 0-1 and it is the perfect shade for me. I am usually not the lightest in foundations but next to the lightest or sometimes 2 shades from the lightest but with yellow tones. This feels undectable on my face, no heavy powder feeling. It does not settle into lines or make me look older. It truly feels weightless yet looks wonderful. At last I have found my HG powder without breaking the bank. Hope this is never discontinued, which is what usually happens when I fall in love with a product. This claims it will not clog pores so I have high hopes it won't break me out either. Compared to the other powders I was considering purchasing this one I believe to be dirt cheap.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No