Graftobian HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

4.1

Caprylic/Capric/Triglyceride, Octyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Bees Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, PTFE, BHA, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, N-Butylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Talc, Ultramarines.

on 10/14/2010 10:44:00 AM

I am a MUA and bought the Warm 1 and Cool 1 palettes from camerareadycosmetics.com - I would say the Warm 1 palette covers pretty much the MAC NC15-NC30 range without being too yellow. Most of my clients are Chinese by descent and so I hardly reach for the Cool palette which is a bit too distinctly pink for my liking, but I do use that from time to time as a concealer.

Very handy to have 10 foundations in two tiny tiny palettes rather than, say, 5 bottles, or even just 3, of liquid foundation to mix and match. They are light and so easy to pack and for that, I love it. The coverage can be built to full, I find, if you dab it on with a sponge (or a brush..), I have covered aging spots for TV filming successfully with this product without it looking cakey.

Wonderfully creamy product that is very blendable and easy to work with- warning: it CAN look a little heavy in person but photographs/films so beautifully. I use a silicone-based primer (for me, that is Cinema Secrets primer) with this and set with a transparent powder (like MUFE HD powder, MAC Prep and Prime powder or Coastal Scents Silica spheres or such) for a matte finish Not so good for use in hot and humid weather, I really would just recommend this for make up artists for their kit if you live in my sort of tropical climate. I can definitely see this working as a day to day foundation for someone in a drier, cooler place.

Love that gossmakeupartist also recommended this!

on 10/13/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I am a MUA, so I needed something that would have a variety of colors for my clientele. I must say that this was exactly what I was looking for! You can mix and match colors to fit what you need, and the coverage is awesome. I will note that you will need a good powder and setting spray when applying. It is creamy and will get on your clothes, just like most makeup. Good product though! Looks wonderful in photos and on video.

on 10/13/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had been looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that matched my skin tone and had a finish that I liked. Graftobian's Creme foundation is as close to perfect as is possible. I really like the finish, which I think of as milky, and I can build the coverage to cover most of what I want to hide and still look natural. The color match is more than great -- it is close to perfect. I use Bombshell and for a point of reference in MAC I am a NW15. Finally, the price is very reasonable. I highly recommend giving this foundation a try, but keep in mind the following. There is a learning curve with this foundation. When people say a little goes a long way, they are not kidding. If you put too much on, it can look pretty bad. You may have to play around with how you apply it.

on 10/13/2010 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was tired of paying $42 for my foundation and figured I had nothing to lose by trying this. I was a little concerned that it might end up looking cakey, but it didn't. Flawless, smooth, perfect coverage at an amazing price. My new HG foundation.

on 10/6/2010 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This stuff is kind of amazing. I had unfairly high hopes for it when I bought it, but it still exceeded those expectations. The most important thing to note is how stunningly little of the product is necessary. I read reviews all the time talking about how little you need to cover your face, but I didn't think it could be possible. It totally is! Dude!

I was able to find a color for my milky skin, which is already amazing enough. I use a Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, tap it once (seriously) into the foundation, and buff it into my skin. I repeat until I've covered my whole face, taking care not to layer too much. Typically, I can't even see the product going on to the skin, I can just see imperfections disappearing. People say that sometimes and it sounds like bullshit, but I really mean it! Really!

I moisturize heavily but my skin is dry, and I have had very minimal problems with this emphasizing my dry spots. It's only an issue if I use too much, which is really really easy. If you feel like this foundation is highlighting your flaky skin or pores, use less. Way less. You'll be shocked how good it can look if you go easy, and SHOCKED how HORRIBLE it can look if you use too much.

And anyway it's really cheap. Just try it.

Update! 10/26/2010: In my quest to make the application of this foundation more fool proof while still getting a lot of coverage, I've started using it a little differently! I swipe it onto my face with my index finger, spray with M.A.C. Fix+, and buff it into the skin. This way, I can mostly avoid the problem of accidentally using too much and emphasizing my dryness. The result is seriously stunning and bright, and I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin lately, even though I'm actually really broken out. This stuff is so amazing.

on 10/3/2010 12:13:00 PM

the worst ever if you have large pores and not perfect skin do not buy it settle in every pores make your face look like a mask I bought aurora this shade is ok but the way it looks on my skin is horrible the worst spend money I will stick to revlon colorstay

on 9/28/2010 1:44:00 PM

Outside of my fervent search for the perfect sunscreen, I don't think I've had higher hopes for a product. All the raves about Graftobian had me convinced that this would be the HG of foundations. I ordered three samples from Camera Ready Comestics (in Bombshell, Graceful Swan, and Ingenue, with Ingenue being the best match of the three).
To begin, the coverage is definitely not full-if you have any acne scars, patches caused by hyperpigmentation, or dark undereye cicles, I don't think that this will succesfully cover them. You'd have to really pack it on (and that of course would look very unnatural). Medium is realistically the most coverage you will achieve with this. Confirming what others have said already, you only need a small amount of product. I was definitely surprised to find that the initially small (I thought) amount I used was too much. If your skin is on the drier side (like mine), you'll need to have a *very* moistuized face before application or you won't achieve a nice finish. Although this is a creme, it's not dewy in the least. I have had such a difficult time infusing moisture into my increasingly dry facial skin. Consequently, the finish with this often ends up being slightly cakey and streaky (even though I use a damp sponge to apply it). I recently attended an outdoor wedding-we were all sweating like pigs and I felt as though my makeup was melting off. But lo and behold, I found that the perspiration had helped this to meld into my skin and for the first time, it imparted a soft, glowy effect. So I should think that it would work wonderfully on those with oilier complexions. Personally, I'll be waiting to order the full size until my sebum production is adequate enough.

on 9/24/2010 3:36:00 AM

I bought this foundation thanks to Gossmakeup and I love it!!!!I dont have the best looking skin and I really like to go for full coverage.I love Revlon colorstay but is diffiult for me to get it and it is the same price than Graftobian so I wet with Graftobian and I am glad.I apply it with the beauty blender and is fantastic,You don't use that much and i get 99%coverage, I only have to use concealer on my dark circles.I love this foundation.

on 9/24/2010 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Oh Graftobian.....where have you been all my life? I have tried dozens and dozens of foundations to try to get decent coverage without looking like I have a mask on. I have run the gauntlet between Wet n Wild to Chanel, Liquids, minerals, powders, cremes, sprays......there are only a few brands I have not tried at least one foundation product from. I have 14 bottles as I write this taking up space in my bathroom, from Kevin Acouin to True Match, and while some of them were good, none of them reached HG status.

I was browsing though You Tube and came across gossmakeupartist and his review of Graftobian Glamour Creme HD foundation. At an 11$ price point, I thought "Why not?" and placed an order. The order came in and I ran to the bathroom to try it on, as always, hope springs eternal! And I was stunned. The pigmentation is insane, there is nothing I have tried before this that can compare. I used a foundation brush and tapped it into the pot, and dotted it over my face, then blended. And I watched as my complexion evened out perfectly, all my flaws including large pores, ruddy skin and acne scars just disappeared.
Gone. But I can achieve that with most foundations if I use enough of them, Colorstay for instance has great coverage, it just also looks like I used a paint roller to apply my foundation no matter how much I blend and work it, what tools I use..I cannot make it look like skin, it always looks like a mask. Why was I so shocked at the results from Graftoian Glamour Creme? Because I only used the single tap in to the pot for my entire face. My skin looked flawless and perfect...and like MY skin, not like a mask. The foundation was pretty much undetectable, something I have never experienced before, not when I am doing my makeup, not when a pro is doing my makeup (the poor BE sales clerk who was sure that mineral makeup was going to be the answer to my prayers...she was almost in tears by the time she gave up and I had a mask several millimeters deep of mineral crud as she tried layer after layer of foundation and mineral veil, my pores the size of manhole covers....sigh....I tried to tell her!).

This is my HG foundation. It does not wear as long as Colorstay and those types of makeup, but the pigmentation density of this foundation means that even as it wears during the day there is still coverage even when it begins to wear off. It looks natural and beautiful in all lighting (Colorstay and Double Wear in direct sunlight.....shudder!), sets beautifully with powder (I used ELF HD powder, and it worked great, and now I have ordered the Graftobian powder to see how that works) and looks amazing. I cannot say enough good things about this makeup, and to have finally found my HG foundation after 25 years of searching is really a big deal because I never go out without foundation, so this was quite a moment for me.

If you are someone who has struggled to find a foundation that works well for you, please at least order a sample (mentioned in another review) for under 5 bucks and give this a try. It has not broken me out, the finish is not ultra matte, but not that shiny dewy stuff either (PhotoReady, I am talking to you!), just a perfect sheet of skin. I look forward to using it every day, it is like Photoshop in a pot, and my smile gets bigger as the flaws just fade away. Like nothing I have ever tried.

Best Foundation EVER!

on 9/20/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this stuff after watching a few reviews about it on YouTube. The first time I wore it, I didn't love it.. I was really dissapointed. I kept trying though, and eventually found the best way to apply it for my skin type (which ended up being dabbing spots on my face and patting in with a damp sponge.) I literally look like I'm not wearing any makeup at all, I love it. I, like the reviewer before me, am also kind of in the middle of the spectrum and have a hard time finding good color matches because it's usually too yellow or too pink. I am probably somewhere around NW/NC15 so I bought the nuetral 1 palette and mixing the 2 lightest shades together (bombshell and prima donna) makes the perfect match. Beautiful, beautiful coverage and I love that I can use this as a concealer too. Will deffinitely buy again.

Popular Crème Foundations