August 30, 2014 | 1735 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Chlorine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is kind of amazing. I had unfairly high hopes for it when I bought it, but it still exceeded those expectations. The most important thing to note is how stunningly little of the product is necessary. I read reviews all the time talking about how little you need to cover your face, but I didn't think it could be possible. It totally is! Dude!

I was able to find a color for my milky skin, which is already amazing enough. I use a Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, tap it once (seriously) into the foundation, and buff it into my skin. I repeat until I've covered my whole face, taking care not to layer too much. Typically, I can't even see the product going on to the skin, I can just see imperfections disappearing. People say that sometimes and it sounds like bullshit, but I really mean it! Really!

I moisturize heavily but my skin is dry, and I have had very minimal problems with this emphasizing my dry spots. It's only an issue if I use too much, which is really really easy. If you feel like this foundation is highlighting your flaky skin or pores, use less. Way less. You'll be shocked how good it can look if you go easy, and SHOCKED how HORRIBLE it can look if you use too much.

And anyway it's really cheap. Just try it.

Update! 10/26/2010: In my quest to make the application of this foundation more fool proof while still getting a lot of coverage, I've started using it a little differently! I swipe it onto my face with my index finger, spray with M.A.C. Fix+, and buff it into the skin. This way, I can mostly avoid the problem of accidentally using too much and emphasizing my dryness. The result is seriously stunning and bright, and I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin lately, even though I'm actually really broken out. This stuff is so amazing.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ALBIK

the worst ever if you have large pores and not perfect skin do not buy it settle in every pores make your face look like a mask I bought aurora this shade is ok but the way it looks on my skin is horrible the worst spend money I will stick to revlon colorstay

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

Outside of my fervent search for the perfect sunscreen, I don't think I've had higher hopes for a product. All the raves about Graftobian had me convinced that this would be the HG of foundations. I ordered three samples from Camera Ready Comestics (in Bombshell, Graceful Swan, and Ingenue, with Ingenue being the best match of the three).
To begin, the coverage is definitely not full-if you have any acne scars, patches caused by hyperpigmentation, or dark undereye cicles, I don't think that this will succesfully cover them. You'd have to really pack it on (and that of course would look very unnatural). Medium is realistically the most coverage you will achieve with this. Confirming what others have said already, you only need a small amount of product. I was definitely surprised to find that the initially small (I thought) amount I used was too much. If your skin is on the drier side (like mine), you'll need to have a *very* moistuized face before application or you won't achieve a nice finish. Although this is a creme, it's not dewy in the least. I have had such a difficult time infusing moisture into my increasingly dry facial skin. Consequently, the finish with this often ends up being slightly cakey and streaky (even though I use a damp sponge to apply it). I recently attended an outdoor wedding-we were all sweating like pigs and I felt as though my makeup was melting off. But lo and behold, I found that the perspiration had helped this to meld into my skin and for the first time, it imparted a soft, glowy effect. So I should think that it would work wonderfully on those with oilier complexions. Personally, I'll be waiting to order the full size until my sebum production is adequate enough.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Fabsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation thanks to Gossmakeup and I love it!!!!I dont have the best looking skin and I really like to go for full coverage.I love Revlon colorstay but is diffiult for me to get it and it is the same price than Graftobian so I wet with Graftobian and I am glad.I apply it with the beauty blender and is fantastic,You don't use that much and i get 99%coverage, I only have to use concealer on my dark circles.I love this foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by originalskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh Graftobian.....where have you been all my life? I have tried dozens and dozens of foundations to try to get decent coverage without looking like I have a mask on. I have run the gauntlet between Wet n Wild to Chanel, Liquids, minerals, powders, cremes, sprays......there are only a few brands I have not tried at least one foundation product from. I have 14 bottles as I write this taking up space in my bathroom, from Kevin Acouin to True Match, and while some of them were good, none of them reached HG status.

I was browsing though You Tube and came across gossmakeupartist and his review of Graftobian Glamour Creme HD foundation. At an 11$ price point, I thought "Why not?" and placed an order. The order came in and I ran to the bathroom to try it on, as always, hope springs eternal! And I was stunned. The pigmentation is insane, there is nothing I have tried before this that can compare. I used a foundation brush and tapped it into the pot, and dotted it over my face, then blended. And I watched as my complexion evened out perfectly, all my flaws including large pores, ruddy skin and acne scars just disappeared.
Gone. But I can achieve that with most foundations if I use enough of them, Colorstay for instance has great coverage, it just also looks like I used a paint roller to apply my foundation no matter how much I blend and work it, what tools I use..I cannot make it look like skin, it always looks like a mask. Why was I so shocked at the results from Graftoian Glamour Creme? Because I only used the single tap in to the pot for my entire face. My skin looked flawless and perfect...and like MY skin, not like a mask. The foundation was pretty much undetectable, something I have never experienced before, not when I am doing my makeup, not when a pro is doing my makeup (the poor BE sales clerk who was sure that mineral makeup was going to be the answer to my prayers...she was almost in tears by the time she gave up and I had a mask several millimeters deep of mineral crud as she tried layer after layer of foundation and mineral veil, my pores the size of manhole covers....sigh....I tried to tell her!).

This is my HG foundation. It does not wear as long as Colorstay and those types of makeup, but the pigmentation density of this foundation means that even as it wears during the day there is still coverage even when it begins to wear off. It looks natural and beautiful in all lighting (Colorstay and Double Wear in direct sunlight.....shudder!), sets beautifully with powder (I used ELF HD powder, and it worked great, and now I have ordered the Graftobian powder to see how that works) and looks amazing. I cannot say enough good things about this makeup, and to have finally found my HG foundation after 25 years of searching is really a big deal because I never go out without foundation, so this was quite a moment for me.

If you are someone who has struggled to find a foundation that works well for you, please at least order a sample (mentioned in another review) for under 5 bucks and give this a try. It has not broken me out, the finish is not ultra matte, but not that shiny dewy stuff either (PhotoReady, I am talking to you!), just a perfect sheet of skin. I look forward to using it every day, it is like Photoshop in a pot, and my smile gets bigger as the flaws just fade away. Like nothing I have ever tried.

Best Foundation EVER!

50 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MsFernandez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this stuff after watching a few reviews about it on YouTube. The first time I wore it, I didn't love it.. I was really dissapointed. I kept trying though, and eventually found the best way to apply it for my skin type (which ended up being dabbing spots on my face and patting in with a damp sponge.) I literally look like I'm not wearing any makeup at all, I love it. I, like the reviewer before me, am also kind of in the middle of the spectrum and have a hard time finding good color matches because it's usually too yellow or too pink. I am probably somewhere around NW/NC15 so I bought the nuetral 1 palette and mixing the 2 lightest shades together (bombshell and prima donna) makes the perfect match. Beautiful, beautiful coverage and I love that I can use this as a concealer too. Will deffinitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of the best foundations I have ever tried and believe me, I have tried (all?) most out there! I am a Mac N3 in Face and Body and neutral, so I'm hard to match in most dept. store and boutique shades, which are either too yellow or too pink for me. The Graftobian HD Creme in Broadway Star is in the middle of the neutral scheme and the second in the N2 palette, matches my skin perfectly. For reference I wear Mac Studio Fix Liquid in NW20; Maybelline Age Rewind in Creamy Natural (Light 5) and Revlon Colorstay in Nude. The Graftobian foundation melds right into my skin giving a poreless and glowy yet not oily coverage, covers all imperfections, works great as an eyeshadow primer and evens out my ruddy complexion with one layer. Lasts ALL day and night and does not break me out. Highly recommend this holy grail of creme foundations! p.s. I almost never write reviews, but my feelings are so strong for this I had to chime in!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by killingspree

Great foundation for normal to oily skin.
Wouldn't recommend it for dry skin.
It needs a little time to settle in and mix with the oil on your face even on normal skin. On dry skin it leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think it was formulated with dry skin in mind. It clings to dry areas.

I recommend you use it with a foundation brush rather then sponge because it absorbs too much of the product.

I apply thin layers with a foundation brush after I've moisturized any areas I think feel even slightly normal-dry. I use there own brand of moisturizer because other moisturizers I've tried it with don't work as well with this foundation.
The first time I tried this foundation I positively hated it because I tried to cut it with an unsuitable moisturizer (Origins MegaM) and the results were awful. It looked oily and greasy! So be mindful of what you cut this foundation with.

The foundation itself is very easily spreadable and thin but pigmented. to me it has a medium to full coverage but it does not feel heavy at all like most mainstream foundations.It has a dry feeling on your skin. Which I think has something to do with its demi-matte finish. After a few hours the finish is more natural yet not dewy because the oils on your face start to come through.

The palette packaging is annoying. There is a space for a spatula but it doesn't come with one.Which would be useful.
I love the colour range though, as I have all 3 super palettes. I'm never for a loss for the right colour. I can use Warm: Graceful Swan, Ingenue, Neutral: Bombshell, Prima Donna.
Graceful swan is the best match to my very white neck and Bombshell + Graceful swan or Ingenue + Bombshell (more in the summer). I'm between a mac ncw 15-20. I love this foundation in the summer.

Overall I think this is a pretty good foundation if you are looking for a natural finish and have normal-oily skin or oily skin and a demi-matte natural finish. It doesn't look shiny or dewy however if you have more specific skin needs i.e your skin is dry or your skin is extremely oil and foundation melts off your face you will need to keep searching.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Susieh135

Finally...my HG foundation, and it's no more expensive than drug-store brands. My skin is dry and my skin tone is hard to match (I'm very pale, yellow undertones. I ended up with Bombshell, a neutral shade). I ordered samples from Paintandpowderstore.com, but several sites carry the full-size product. The samples were a little expensive - $3.99 each - but worth it to find an exact match. The foundation itself is very creamy and leaves a natural-looking finish. A very small amount is needed for complete coverage; stipple it on and sheer it out with a damp sponge for a barely-there finish, or add additional layers for more coverage. This miracle foundation costs $11.00 at paintandpowderstore.com, but I saw it for $9.00 somewhere else online,,,I don't recall where. If you've tried everything and still haven't found your HG foundation, give Graftobian a try. At $3.99 for a sample, it's worth the risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:14:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Packaging is practical and with a clear lid you can see the colour inside. I have this in the Warm #1 palette (the one with 5 shades) that includes Graceful Swan, Ingenue, Vixen, Temptress, and Enchantress.

I got this by recommendation of a youtube guru "gossmakeupartist" and if you have not checked him out, you should. He's one of the best honest gurus out there.

This creme foundation is indeed very creamy, glides on like butter, no fragrance whatsoever that could make you feel sick, and no spf, no fuss, and it doubles up as concealer because it is highly pigmented. It's awesome!!

The great thing about this palette is that I can mix and match the shades whenever I need it, so you can highlight your face using this palette too. You can also mix a darker shade during summer. Very versatile. I'd definitely repurchase.

For reference, I'm around Revlon Photoready 008, Hourglass Veil Foundation in No. 2, MAC probably around NC25-30, and I can mix Ingenue, Vixen and Temptress, but normally Vixen and Temptress themselves work fine.