Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

3.8

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 12/25/2010 1:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is an okay product. The SPF protection is only 25, and there's no mention of any long wearing UVA protection. The color/tint of actually prevents me from putting enough product on since it reminds me too much of foundation and I hate the mask feeling. I keep it in my purse for days I forget to put on sunscreen at home.

on 12/24/2010 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I agree with the previous reviewer about this product "clumping" up and balling or pilling. It is the one annoying factor of this product. I wouldnt advise to use this as a primer/base because it just goes all weird. Other wise I have found that if I apply then really let it set it is okay and doesnt change cosistency. I like it because of the great ingredient, its always within the expiry dates and has all physical blockers. It is also reasonably priced. Clinique just need to tweek this a little and it will be great. I think because it is so emolient you really need to let it set. I could be wrong, but thats my experience.

on 12/2/2010 2:14:00 PM

Sadly, one of the worst products I have ever bought. I used to use the City Block SPF 40 and had some similar problems, but I am so disappointed. This tinted cream is a great color and I have tried so hard to make this work for me. But the product clumps in patches (not balling up but patches that can be smoothed out). I have to spend an extra 10 minutes checking my face for patches of this product before applying any other makeup. I tried to use this sparingly in case it was the amount of product causing the patchiness....but no. This sheer layer did exactly the same. I didn't really want to reduce the amount I applied as I was concerned about the level of sun protection this would offer. I also broke out terribly from this. I had only had this on my face for a couple of hours before noticing new pimples which could only be caused by this product. I am trying to use up the tube by using this as a body sunscreen rather than on my face. I am now finding pimples on my neck and chest where this product has reacted. I wouldn't buy this again. Such a shame as this would be an ideal sunscreen for me. continued >>

on 11/3/2010 11:44:00 AM

I have oily skin prone to breakouts, so I asked the sales clerk at Clinique to show me something oil-free and she swore that it was sheer and oil-free. I feel like she was just trying to make a sale, I find it very greasy for my skin and like other reviews, I agree that this product is too thick, it's like you are wearing foundation, I found it left my skin dirty, clogged my pores and made me break out more than normal. Also, it kind of balled up and you really have to blend this a lot as for me being fair, it was too dark for my skin tone, and the clerk said it was "sheer", very misleading, if you are fair, don't buy this product! I am disappointed as the ingredients are exactly what I was looking for in a sunscreen, and it smelled good, but it kind of separates when it comes out, the packaging could be a bit better, like a pump bottle would be better. The saleswoman did mention that I could return it within 30 days if I was not satisfied.

on 10/15/2010 12:10:00 PM

Bought this for the first time today after receiving a sample and prefering it to the redness solutions version. feels faintly tacky on however looks sheer, makes foundation stay on amazingly well and looks flawless. Also helps to stop my combination skin getting oily. A great buy.

on 9/26/2010 7:07:00 PM

i don't like this one. i'm a combination skin and everytime i use this it just leaves some residue all over my face.

on 9/18/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Horribel for oily skin, didn't help makeup go on any better and my skin was more oily that if I didn't use it, plus it made me break out..I returned it.

on 9/18/2010 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the only sunscreen I have repurchased. I use retinoids, which cause some havoc with my skin sometimes. I can tolerate this sunscreen exceptionally well at all times and it does not cause breakouts. While the SPF isn't super high, it doesn't cause adverse effects which I adore. I can see how the tint would be troublesome for many skintones -- for my NC20 skin it's on the light side (makes me look a little washed out in the winter).

Having been a keen fan of this sun block product for years, I tried it and now only use this product because it requires applying once a day and I can completely rely on it to protect my skin thoroughly. I also use only Clinique City Block Sheer SPF25 on my 5 year old daughter as she is very fair skinned and I need a product I can trust.

on 8/28/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Please squeeze the tube with the cap on as to avoid this separation many of you have spoke about. This is an excellent sunscreen that dries matte.The spf 25 has a lot of uva sunscreen in it which is most important in fighting aging. I have used this with and without when using my Estee Lauder double wear and the clinique city block definitely controls oil as well as increase the wear time of my favorite foundation. Definitely a keeper.