April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum 25 SPF

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by olivia22

Doesn't smell bad, really good sun protection, good texture (not sticky/greasy), doesn't leave your face a funny colour!

Best facial sunscreen by far, and I'm quite particular when it comes to suncream....especially on my face. No doubt buy this again, not even going to bother trying anything else

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ennovy_muse

One of my favorite primers/sunscreens.
It spreads easily and is moisturizing. When you first put it on it would look oily in the mirror, but it absorbs really quickly. Doesn't break me out. I would say it's a bit too sheer, since it only evens out my skin tone just a bit so I still have to wear foundation over it, but I still like it a lot. On days when I only feel like wearing sunscreen, I wear my Shiseido White Lucent(not available in the US) one instead of this, which has mover coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I'm editing this because as I get older, I cannot layer a foundation/powder over this without it looking too cakey. But it is excellent on it's own for casual days or beach. Or mix it with liquid foundation to add a little color.

This is not discontinued? Not sure why it is marked as such.

I've been using this product for quite awhile and really like it. It works perfectly well on it's own an it's an excellent primer too, you don't need an extra primer on top of this.

The combo works well for right now and all I'll really need for a casual day out for face. But my concealer and powder go over it well when I need a more polished look. Love the physical sunscreen and the tube lasts for quite a while for me. I've also used it mixed with a little liquid foundation to make my own spf tinted moisturizer too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

This is the only sunblock I actually enjoy applying to my face! It's not heavy at all! It's goes on light and it's even tinted to avoid that whitish cast sunscreen tends to leave behind. No breakouts from it either! My HG facial sunscreen!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

bought last year and used it only for 2 weeks...got small irritating pimples from it :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by anniemouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Am on my third tube of this, so it must be good, LOL!
It's pricey for the amount you get, but then so is any serious sunscreen. I like the fact that it has a tint to it - am pale enough that it's neither too white nor too tan for my skintone. It does leave my skin rather shiny though, and once it has sunk in, the tint effect has gone, so I still need foundation or powder over the top. I do have to wait until it's dried before adding anything else (I tend to put the Clinique on first, drive to work, then use compact powder once I've parked up).
Not enthralled by the smell, but it goes quickly enough.
I'd definitely recommend as a product with a high SPF and as a decent enough face base before makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jenanddan79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this- use it everyday, whether under m/u or alone. Tinted, not too heavy, evens out skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by red_smarties

totally agree with the post below, this product is oily, thick, sits ontop of the skin and feels so heavy! not comfortable at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was attracted to this because Paula Begoun gives it a good review. I was a bit wary because of the tint - I don't normally wear foundation. I was pleased that the tint all but disappeared on my skin and leaving only a slight smoothing effect across the face which was quite nice. But the trouble was that it FELT as if I had foundation on. The cream seems to just sit on top of the skin, not in an oliy way (or at least not for me - other people do find it oily), but just as a constant nagging presence. It caused a slight itch and my face felt clogged up. Finally by about 2pm I could forget about it, but I can't wait to get home so that I can wash it off. I guess it's just that I'm not accustomed to foundation, so if you are, this may be a good product for you. The previous reviewer makes a great point about not everyone needing moisturiser, just sun protection, which is what this product is all about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent product. I watched a video on youtube by gossmakeupartist one evening when I was bored,
in the video he said about using sun protection and how vital it was, he also said you really DON'T need a
moisturiser like everyone says you do if you don't have dry skin. I thought this was an interesting theory
and the next day I went to boots to look for a sunscreen. I didn't want to fork out a lot but when I looked at
the lower end products they really weren't that much cheaper so I chose to buy City Block because that was what
I originally wanted.
When I bought my product for 15 I decided to look up on reviews, probably did it the wrong way around there,
I read about how it was tinted and had no idea about this when I bought it, I thought this was going to be a disaster
but I couldn't have been more wrong. This is my holy grail and I will never be without it. I used to go into the
loos at work and look at how awful my oil slick skin was and I bought endless moisturisers to try and stop it.
With this stuff, that doesn't happen anymore, the reason is because other than this I've entirely STOPPED using
moisturiser on my skin, for me it just wasn't working anymore. I no longer have shiny skin, I don't have red or
irritated skin, my breakouts have calmed down and even my dark circles have reduced a little, my skin looks a lot
better lets just put it that way - because i'm only putting on it what it needs (sun protection).

This product has a tint that means I don't need a foundation, the tint for my fair skin is PERFECT and provides
just enough coverage, I put concealer on over the top and a dab of powder, that's about it.
The packaging is smart and not too frilly without being unattractive, it tells you what it is on the tube and doesn't
take up loads of room. Essential travel companion!
I couldn't be more happy with this purchase, i'm upset I didn't know about it sooner and wish I could take back
all the money i've spent over the years on foundations and moisturisers which were just clogging up your skin.
It's true, all the cosmetic companies want to do is sell you things, with this i can even use it under my eyes.
The best beauty tool for your skin is water and its own natural ability to heal, I do believe that it is to an
extent stopped from doing this by all the man made crap you can buy in jars. Not everyone believes this, I didn't
for a long time, but I'm converted. less is more.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No