September 30, 2014 | 1228 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Instant Mineral SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

Love this! It is a perfect formulation for my combo-oily skin and easy to use. I took it to Hawaii recently and found that it offered excellent protection. It certainly seemed to work as well as lotion type sunscreens because I didn't burn at all, and the Hawaii sun is so merciless that I almost always get a slight burn somewhere (although usually not on my face), even with 30+ SPF which is a must for the tropical sun rays. Genius product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by abbybaby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product that allows me to touch up my sunscreen protection throughout the day, controls my oily skin and evens out my complexion like makeup. My only complaint is the strange smell after a week of use. SmelIs very chemical. I may take it back to see if I got a bad batch. Other than that, no complaints at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product. It's quick, convenient, and easy to use, though I wish it came with a lot more product. It does tend to dry out my skin a tad because of the silica and willowbark in it; but then again, those ingredients also control oilies and inflammation. For reference, I have dry skin that breaks out from just looking at products =). My only worry is that it might not give me as much protection as a lotion, since I wear it overtop my non-spf moisturizer and under my mineral makeup. Other than that, good stuff!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by makeupcat

I love this. I like the idea that I can reapply my sunscreen during the day without messing up my makeup. The directions of how to close it are on the back of the container. I am thrilled to know that the bottom comes off, that means it's refillable. I will put my regular loose powder in it when empty. Skin-Etc.com has this for 21.98 and shipping is only 5.00. The discount shows up after you put it into the shopping cart (same with all their products) I will continue to buy it. Wish there was more in the container that't why I gave it a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by rainsim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this!! Usually wear it just over my moisturiser, as I have found, to my delight, that the slight tint this mineral powder have seem to even out my skin tone - added bonus. No adverse reactions for the last month that I've used this. I actually like the packaging as its portable and you don't have to carry around an extra brush. Okay, okay - I didn't discover the whole retractable thing until I read about it on this website (and yes, it was actually in the instructions written on the bottle), but now that I've found it - make my using a lot easier. Plus, if I do happen to be wearing makeup, just brushing on the powder for sunscreen top ups won't actually smudge it. I'm now wondering if you can clean the brush properly though? Just have to buy a new one, I guess - more hygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm mostly going to review the product here because alot of people have already reviewed the packaging. Anyway, I love this mattifying powder with spf 30. Its finely milled, and has a little hint of translucent beige color. It has vitamins a, c, e with willowbark and most importantly zinc oxide (sunscreen). Its small enough to fit into my purse just in case I have to take a walk during lunch time. About the packaging: I love the brush and I think its SUPER convienient and its very clever especially having the added benefits of the vitamins. I think the marketing is fine because Im have used packaging like this before and I got used to it. The Price is $30 for .32 oz, Oh its very expensive if you ask me because not only do I use it on my face, I use this more often including on my neck, ears, sometimes lowerarms (to avoid a farmer's tan/burn). I will run out of this early than my regular face powder which contains with SPF 10 but I cant put face powder on other parts of my body for example arms, neck and so on. I have noticed that Spray spf usually makes me sneeze, and spf lotions makes me super greasy and break me out. Overall: I have very oily skin, and it has not clogged my pores. This actually helps minimize my pores and shine, and preserves my makeup longer. I've been using glycolic acids and my skin has become sensitive and I didnt feel any uncomfortable feeling from this at all. I have been using this for a week, So far so good! if my feelings change over time, I will edit my review again. Otherwise, I'm very very happy this came out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by chgoeditor

I've just bought this, but I'm quite happy with it, and would highly recommend it. As other reviewers have mentioned, it's a powdered 30 SPF facial sunscreen. If you're familiar with mineral makeup like Bare Escentuals, you know that most mineral makeup has some degree of SPF. This is a similar product, but it has no color. It goes on clear (matte, almost, since it's a colorless powder) and provides SPF 30. I know I should wear sunscreen regularly, but layering too many products makes me shiny...and sunscreen makes me the shiniest! So I love this innovation because not only am I wearing a high SPF, I'm wearing it in a version that actually tones down my shininess.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by messy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the convenience but honestly I am nervous about how well this is really protecting my skin. It does seem pretty easy to get a decent amount of powder on without it ever looking unnatural, but still, powder is powder. How well is it really covering my skin?

I'll keep using it and see how well it protects. At the very least I'm probably more apt to reapply throughout the day since it's so easy to do so.

FYI- I just bought this a few days ago at Sephora and the brush pull-down worked just fine (so maybe they changed the package). It took a second for me to figure it out but since I did it's been no problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cerah13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the coolest innovation from a skincare line, IMO, in the last few months. I love the fact that it is portable and works well for most skin tones/types. Because it is a translucent powder, it even has some value for setting makeup and works well for guys (think bald heads). I think it eliminates many of the excuses people make for not wearing sunscreen, particularly relating to texture. I would, however, recommend that PTR reevaluate the packaging, as it can be difficult to screw the barrel back up over the brush to close it. In addition, it would be nice to be able to purchase refills, as opposed to repurchasing the whole brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by apeglow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. Color of the powder is flattering (not too white) and nice texture. Doesn't sting or irritate my skin. I figured out how to work the brush the first time I used it. It's not astro-physics, people. Some of the bristles came out on my skin during application. Overall, very satisfied.