December 19, 2014 | 1008 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

* COLOUR: True black.
* SMUDGING/FADING: Starts to smudge after 1-3 hours. Colour fades in intensity after around 6 hours.
* EASE OF APPLICATION: Creamy. Doesn't pull or tug much, only sometimes on the top lid.

- - -

* PROS
- True black. Colour only starts to fade halfway through the day.
- Creates sharp, precise lines. If you want sharper lines, you can easily sharpen it.
- Creamy, doesn't pull or tug.
- Doesn't need a sharpener, it's like a crayon and comes in a twisty slide-up style with a sharpener included on the bottom. (Never needed to use it though.)

* CONS
- Some consider this a "cheaper" drugstore brand, but for me $20 AUD isn't cheap.
- Product runs out VERY fast - much much faster than a regular wooden pencil - I think I've only owned this for over a month and it's halfway gone.
- As a pro the lines are quite sharp and precise, but once this sets it is hard to blend - for softer, smokey eyes I'd turn to a kohl liner.
- The plastic packaging is a bitch to get off, ruined my nails. ):
- EDIT: Although it has longer lasting power than most eyeliners, it still refuses to stay put on my waterline. After using it for longer I've noticed that it starts to smudge only 3 hours after application (mostly the bottom). I touched it up, only to find that it has again smudged after 3 hours. Although I didn't use primer or set it with eyeshadow, my face wasn't particularly oily today or anything (all I did was sit at home). Minus 1 lippie. :/
- EDIT: And edit again, after crying my eyes out on the phone with my boyfriend .. I have the raccoon eyes to prove it. Fantastic. This stuff isn't exactly the easiest to get off either.

Unfortunately I have changed my repurchase from yes to no and I have dropped this down to 3 lippies. From other reviews I really thought this eyeliner was going to be 'the one' but I have since found my HG - Prestige Total Intensity. Revlon lasts 3 hours and costs $20 while Prestige lasts 6 hours and costs $15.

- - -
PRICE [4] $20 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by MissCindy1

Ive heard so many reviews about this eyeliner but to be honest my MAC one works alot better and maybe pricer but works better on me.. this one doesnt stay on for very long and when I come home it looks really washed out and grayish instead of black

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by dima93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the best eyeliner ever !! belive me, its 95% close to my mac eyeliner!! try it at ur drugstore on ur hands and wait a bit for it to dry a little, it wont come off!! bye bye mac eyeliner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 More reviews by californiagrown

My HG eyeliner! I'm always looking for a good, dark eyeliner that won't melt through the day and leave me looking like a raccoon and I finally found one that's cheap and reliable. I apply it to my waterline (upper and lower) and it stays really well throughout the day. By the end of the day, there's no smudging, but the lower waterline does need to be drawn in because obviously the eyeliner will fade a little after awhile.

This is removed easily with Ponds Cold Cream. I love love love this eyeliner. Never will I ever shell out $18 for a Makeup Forever pencil again! Although that was good, this delivers the same result at a much lower price. I've also tried Sephora's $8 Waterproof Eyeliner and that doesn't come close to Revlon Colorstay. I also love that it's automatically sharpened when you twist it up - it always makes me so sad whenever I have to hand-sharpen my expensive Makeup Forever pencil and it breaks off!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by saeuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The color is a true black, and perfect for me, an Asian girl with NC20-25 skin, who wants to have the illusion of thicker lashes. However, the formula is a little tacky and does skip slightly over my eyes, which can make a thin, even line difficult. It is also WATERPROOF, however, which is perfect for me.

The price is relatively cheap, but try and buy this during one of Revlon's occasional BOGO frees. I actually got mine at Target, where they were selling it for the usual ~7 dollars, but with a BONUS eyeliner - effectively giving me a BOGO free deal. There's also a built-in pull-out sharpener in the bottom of the pencil, so you can always get a sharp line, even when you're on-the-go.

INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, ozokerite, trimethylsiloxysilicate, polyethylene, phenyl trimethicone, candelilla cera ((euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax) cire de candelilla), tocopherol, sorbic acid, BHT, methylparaben, propylparaben, (mica), (iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)), (titanium dioxide (CI 77891)), (black 2 (CI 77266)), (ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510)), (carmine (CI 77470)), (ultramarines (CI 77007)).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by UnityDivides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG automatic eyeliner. Stays all day and is a very nice true black color. It even works well on the waterline and for tight-lining beneath my upper lashline, and barely even budges when I do those things, which is pretty dang impressive for such moist eye areas. I'm on my third stick and I will repurchase as long as Revlon keeps making it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

fantastic! this replaced my Avon glimmersticks,which kept migrating to my lower area under my eye. the only beef i have w/ this is that i cant wear it on my waterline because its too thick & makes me feel like i have something constantly in my eye. but it doesnt run when my eyes water & it doesnt budge so ill keep repurchasing. i have 3 colors now: blackberry/vixen, black & cocoa.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by esterw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have fairly oily eyelids so at first i was kinda worried that it might fade pretty quickly. I used the eyeliner in black on my waterline (upper and lower). It is really smooth when you apply it. The packaging says that it will stay for 12 hours. For me it only stayed on for a good 4 hours before it started smudging. I wish it didn't smudge so much. but other than that, its a okay/good product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Sunshiine537

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't believe in HG products at all... how ever, this is the only eye liner i purchase, so i guess that could consider it to be HG material. i've tried EVERY eyeliner in the world! (of course i'm kidding). I've been wearing eye liner for about 7 years, always switching it up cause they never last a full day. Revlon color stay is the only one that has worked for. i can wake up the next day and still have eyeliner on! i feel it comes on really good. i actually dont use it for the waterlines, but i use it for right above the eye lashes on the top eye lid, and right below the eye lashes on the bottom. the line created is not too thick if you are an experience eyeliner applyer like myself :). bottom eye lash does tend to run a little bit by the end of the day, but i grab a qtip and clean the area- which is not a big deal for me. i never need to reapply- but if i'm going out in the night, i do reapply to give it a more fresh look- but this is not really needed- i'm just obsessive about eye-liner. as far as price, it is under 8 dollars, but CVS, Rite Aids and i assume other drug stores sometimes have the revlon buy 1 get 1 free. this is when i stock up!!! i havent tried many other colors since i am just a black or black brown kinda girl.

sorry it didnt work for some! but for me, if i start running low, or if i can't find my pencil on a given morning, i panic!! seriously.

UPDATE 4/28/10:
Still the best ever. Lasts all day and I don't have a BIG problem with it smudging. Yea, if I rub my eyes it will smudge. But seriously, is there an eye liner out there that WON'T smudge if your digging all up in your eye? If so, I want to know!!! It always comes out black (I've read some people say it comes off gray?) and it looks good. Going to check out the drugstore circulations to see if they're on sale this week:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

This is my new go-to eyeliner. I have oily lids but this, plus my UDPP, works great! I still get a very slight smudge by the end of the day, but it's SO much less than any other pencil liner I've used. Definite repurchase. Plus I need to get some other shades!