April 20, 2014 | 1653 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - Colorstay Eyeliner-Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

Packaging: Comes w/ a little plastic sharpener, easy twist-up
Color: Since I have a monolid, I can't put it above my top lash line, so I put it below (area is similar to the waterline except on the top lid) - and it's not super pigmented there - have to go over it 2 times to get a solid line
Texture: Smooth, but only if it's not cold
Lasting power: Medium, smudges a little bit on me since it is a lot closer to the eye where I put it
Price: ~$7-8 depending on where you get it
Overall: This eyeliner wasn't as good as I heard from gurus on youtube, but it's pretty decent and is waterproof, so that's enough for me. The Almay one is similar in packaging but is a little bit creamier in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

i thought this was gonna be my miracle eyeliner... it tugs real hard but i normally don't mind if the liner stays on my lids well without smudging, but it didn't! Just like all the other I've tried, it fades off or smudges after a while. eh.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by minnycourt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a great eyeliner forever...I have finally found it! It a very black color and stays all day! I used it yesterday and it stayed put for 14 hours! It doesn't smear, run, or feather. It great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have already re-purchased this once, and I always get it when revlon has a BOGOF sale so it makes this liner only $3.50 which is a great deal for a hard working easy to use pencil liner. I like how it's a twist up, and that a sharpener is built into the cap (although admittedly it's not the best sharpener). I also like how I can shave it down to a very narrow point which makes it great for tightlining and subtle liner work for conservative day time jobs. I use this when I travel b/c it's so easy to pack and so unmessy (don't have to bring an additional gel liner brush, nothing to lose)
I have these colorstay liners in every color! I reach for the charcoal gray and the black the most. Will definitely keep rebuying

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 4:37:00 AM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another product that I loved, but got into wearing mineral liners. but this is number 2 besides the loreal bare natural liner powder i wear. Revlon colorstay liner stays on all day, and the black is dark, bold, and beautiful. the only way it is not dark and bold, it is an old product the store should have thrown out. i would go back and get a new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by dr4animals

I tried this liner yesterday and it had to go back to Harmon. It did not go on as thinly as I'd like and it would NOT come off for nothing. I guess thats good for some people who want a long lasting liner. But after washing my face, and using eye makeup remover twice - I still woke up with black rimmed eyes. This stuff is impossible. No thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by reremcq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to buy Chanel Stylo-Yeux in eben for 28 bucks and was told this was similar, and for $22 less,I decided to try it. Wow! Carbon black color, smooth no-budge application, I looove the built in sharpener. Whenever I use this it never smears or smudges and lasts alllll day. Sometimes I layer a bit of smolder on top and smudge for a no-budge smokey look. Great stuff and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Baked

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at wal-mart & I wanted a new eyeliner than my cheapo Bonnebell. I was recommended this by my sister & I bought it. I tried it on today & i'm nicely impressed by this. I wasnt blown away but this fits my expectations. I really like the packaging! I like how it comes with such a convienient removable sharpener for it which helps a bit & is better than nothing. & this time, it IS retractable!!! I've seen & heard so many stories where a eyeliner says it's 'retractable' but the only direction it can go is 'out'. It wont go back in!

Its tugs slightly & easy to apply & way more pigmented than Bonnebell, of course. I only have to go over the line twice to make it as darn as I like.

UPDATE 8/10/08: I happened to wear this on an extremely busy day at work. It lived thru for about 2 hours of sweating before it began to slightly run & it felt as if it ran into my right eye.... for about 3-5 more hours, my right eye was feeling a tiny bit stingy.

RE-UPDATE 8/29/08: I wore this to school on my top eyelids & it was 101 degrees outside with a very slight breeze & I had P.E. & we had to run on the track! But man, it barely ran! Just a teeny bit! Just some to the outer corners of my eyes. Wow! It can really last thru some high heat! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! It glides on smoothly and easily, and a gentle application goes a long way. It lasts all day too. My only complaint with this is that it is difficult to smudge with my finger. I find that if I wet a Q-tip in my mouth after applying and then use that to smudge the liner it works very well. Other than that, this is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this eyeliner, I use it on my top lid and it's actually the best pencil liner I have ever used! I use it when I'm in a hurry and it stays on all day. It's easy to put on and doesn't smudge. I actually just used it all so I'll be out to buy another one!