July 24, 2014 | 1927 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by lola_b

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this product for my dark undereye circles! It has very good coverage that lasts and lasts, and the yellow completely cancels out the purply, brown discoloration under my eyes. One caveat, it will look cakey unless you use a very emollient moisturizer underneath, once the product is set however, it will stay on until you choose to take it off. I will not leave the house without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by soooaps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been shopping for an HG concealer for quite some time now with little luck. I have some pretty prominent eye bags -- I'm not talking about dark under-eye circles, but straight-up sagging U-shaped purple BAGS, which, when coupled with lack of sleep and all-night ragers, look like death on my face. In the past I've tried out various powder concealers, Benefit's Boi-ing, and MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, but none of them did as good a job of covering up my eye bags as Concealer RX.

Pros:
1. Industrial strength, provides excellent coverage that lasts allll day. Only a tiny, tiny amount of product required to cover up my problem areas

2. Cheaap. Got this at a BOGO 50% sale, so this set me back approx. $3

3. I have a hard time finding concealers and foundations that match my pale, yellow Asian skin tone. Most concealers are too pink/orange for me. Natural Light is the perfect fit for me because it has yellow undertones. For reference I've been matched to NW20-25.

4. I generally like the sticky consistency. I don't like it when concealers are too watery or runny because they tend to look streaky on my face. The key is to dab it on with your finger and work quickly because this dries pretty quickly.

Cons:
1. Natural Light works for me, but the fact that this product only has two colors pretty much sucks for anyone who's darker.

2. Can definitely be drying, so moisturize well. I could see how this product wouldn't work well on dry skin types

Overall I am a very happy camper :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sschroedl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the fair light shade, and I've repurchased this 3 times already. But let me tell you, I'm not 100% in love with this concealer. Maybe I keep going back to it because I hate trying to find a new concealer that works. The way I use this is I'll dot it here and there where I have spots and then tap tap tap it in with my pinkie. I use the tiniest amount and it's fine. I've also mixed this into tinted moisturizer for more coverage. I don't like this for under eye circles, it looks fake and cakey. That's probably because it's going over a larger area, and thus harder to blend.
Side note - a reason why I've repurchased this: Don't leave in your hot car! It will ruin the formula and it will separate in the tube. boo!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JennJenn1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This for me has proved to be an excellent concealer. I have spots of hyperpigmentation and this has done a fabulous job of covering them up, more so than anything else I have tried. I have to admit I am surprised that I need the darker of the 2 colors they offer as I am pretty pale but that is no biggie. I have repurchased this many times and will continue to do so. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is like waterproof glue. I apply the concealer on the back of my hand and then smooth it on with either a concealer brush or my finger. I recommend the finger method because this stuff dries on .47 seconds. And when I try to wipe the excess off my hand, I generally have to wash it with soap and water. But my gosh does it work good. It's like Revlons Colorstay times a bazillion. Once you figure out the best method for this product, you will love it. The color selection does suck, but it's a concealer. It doesn't matter the shade if you intend to use a foundation over it. All in all, this concealer is awesome and it can be used as an eye lid primer. Remember, it's like Elmer's glue, your shadow will stay put for the whole day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by aquajoyy

I was so excited to try this product out. I had no doubt that I would love it based on all of the great reviews here. However, this just did not work for me. First of all, the color selection is terrible. I chose natural light, and it was so white on me even though I wouldn't consider myself to be tan at all! I found it to be very drying and chalky. As for the coverage, I found it to not be so great at covering my blemishes. I have combination skin, but mostly oily in the summer. I really wish that this concealer worked for me. :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- great coverage
- little goes a long way

CONS

- dries quickly
- very thick

COMMENTS: This is so damn thick, so you have to work fast because it also dries quickly. However, I don't use this as a concealer as I find it too dry. This works wonders as an eye shadow primer, though - lasts all day and no creasing.

WILL REPURCHASE.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my lord. This concealer is *wonderful* for my perpetual under eye circles (oh the joys of being a student).

I love that it's in a tube and I can just squeeze out a tiny bit, more hygienic than a pot or a doe foot applicator. I warm it with my fingers and blend it under my eyes. Set with a little translucent mineral powder and you're good to go. This lasted 12 hours in 85 degree humid weather with sporadic showers. I use it in the lightest shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

full coverage
little bit goes a long way
creamy and easy to blend

limitied selection of shades

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Physicians Formula Conceal Rx concealer is available in four shades: Soft Yellow, Soft Green, Fair Light, and Natural Light. I wasn't really looking for a color corrector, so I was torn between Fair Light and Natural Light in the store. Both tubes appeared to be about the same color depth but Fair Light had a slightly more pink undertone whereas Natural Light had more of a peachy/yellow undertone. I have more yellowish skin so I ended up picking Natural Light.

I hate when concealers and foundations come in colored or frosted containers that distort or don't resemble the true color of the product inside. With the Conceal Rx, the color of the cream that comes out of the tube is exactly the same color as the packaging, so no surprises there. The color match to my skin was pretty good. It's been awhile since I used MAC but I was matched to NC 20 and the Conceal Rx matches me pretty well once I blend it fully into my skin.

The consistency is on the thick, dry side. With other concealers I have the luxury of time; I usually dot some concealer on all the areas I need first, then blend it in. With the Physicians Formula concealer, I can't do that because it dries so fast. This is a concealer that requires you to work as quickly as you can as soon as you apply it.

The concealer is very pigmented and provides full coverage; I only need a very tiny amount (a pin sized drop for blemishes, and maybe 3 drops for my undereye). I have some hyperpigmentation, dark circles and old acne scars and it covers them completely. However, and this is a big however, I would not recommend it for anyone with dry skin. I have a dry skin type, as well as some very fine lines and "chicken skin" (uneven areas that resemble chicken skin) in my undereye area and this concealer accentuates all of that, even on well moisturized skin. I think my bare skin has actually been normalizing and looking pretty good lately. To the naked eye and even by touch, I don't detect any flakes or dry areas but I find that the Conceal Rx magnifies every minuscule dry patch I didn't even know I had. Physicians Formula says that this concealer is semi-matte. I beg to differ. On my dry skin, this looks totally matte. It's not necessarily heavy/cakey but it makes dry skin look even drier in that bad, overly powdered look. I also noticed the concealer settling into my fine lines.

Regular price for the Conceal Rx at CVS is $8.99 which is a rip off because on the Physicians Formula website they clearly price it as $7.95. In general, I've noticed that CVS charges more for Physicians Formula products compared to Rite Aid and other drugstores. I purchased the Conceal Rx concealer during CVS's Physicians Formula 40% off sale which is good but, sadly, I think I'll be taking it back. The coverage is awesome but I'm not happy with the finish on my skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No