July 28, 2014 | 1809 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by jmsic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always wanted this and was hesitant to purchase it because I have enough makeup as is... but... I haven't been using anything else for my face since I bought it. It gives medium coverage but it makes your skin look healthy and bright without any shimmers, glitter, etc. Idk what it is but it just makes your skin look REALLY good and natural. I loveeeee this stuff. I know it makes some people break out, but try it anyways if you are looking for a mineral foundation or are willing to try one. I use my bobbi brown face brush (kabuki) which I did buy specifically for this product and the two work beautifully. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I got this from my mom. she said this looks very natural. i agree. i normally use liquid foundation or TM n use a bit of this to set my foundation. I know this is a powder foundation on its own buh the jar i have is a bit darker for me, so i dust this over after foundation to set it n to warm up the tone. VERY NATURAL n it looks like i have awesome skin with a subtle sheen? that's why it is natural cuz it does not take away the natural texture of real skin. I don't know how did LM do it, buh the job was done. n i like it a lot. not sure if i would buy this again in this shade, buh i would buy their other powder again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by daisyjj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my 3rd jar of this stuff. I know it is expensive, ut one jar lasts me about a year. I have combo, breakout prone skin and I have never had a breakout from this stuff. You can use this as a spot concealer or just a little buffs in so easy for all over coverage. I use Sephora's mineral powder brush and it works great. I am fair red head, I have neutral skin not rosy and I use Real Sand. I love this stuff and I plan to keep buyiing this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I have it in the colour 'real sand' and I use it on an every day basis. The coverage can be built up easily, depending on the application. My Bobbi Brown Kabuki for a light coverage or my Sigmax Flat Top for a medium/heavy coverage.
The finish is not as powdery as I had expected, but really glowy. It doesn't mattify at all, which is not a problem for me. Actually I really quite like that.
I've been using it for about a year and there still is more than half of it in the container.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by sofirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made me break out so bad I want to cry. My skin had a couple of spots before I put it on, and when I took my makeup off before bed I had about 20.
I did try the primer on the same day, so it is possibly that, but I see other people here have complained of the same thing.
When on it looked okay. Even if I haven't broken out I probably wouldn't have bought it.
For this reason, if you are looking to purchase this product, try it on in store first and wear it for a full day before actually buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by msadelaide

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the better mineral makeup powders I have tried but honestly, not worth the money as it was a lot more pricey than others on the market and not necessarily a better product. The finish is nice and very similar to the ID bare escentuals mineral powder.

Overall, a nice product if you can justify the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupforeverandever13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this powder as a gift and I like it! It doesn't look cakey or anything and goes on really well; very smoothly. Overall, it looks nice and is a good powder! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by redrubberfloat

Let me just start out by saying I HATED Bare Minerals, and I really like this foundation. So if you're not a fan of Bare Minerals, but are determined to find a mineral powder foundation I would recommend checking this stuff out.
I took off one lippy because for me personally, the bismuth oxychloride in it (that supposedly gives you that healthy sheen to your skin) makes my skin a little itchy. However, this foundation holds up well to humid weather and really helps in sweaty situations.
The packaging is nice because there's a plastic piece that you can slide to cover the sifter when you're not using it so that your powder doesn't get all over the place like if you were carrying it in your makeup bag or something.
I apply this foundation with a kabuki brush (for light application) or a flat-top dense brush (I have the black one by Sonia Kashuk) for a fuller coverage. I like to wear this foundation during the summer, whereas in the winter I like wearing liquid foundation such as MUFE HD.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this powder for several years now: I've bought it many times, and I will continue to buy it.

This stuff is basically perfection in a jar (tub? whatever). It covers imperfections and evens out my skin tone, and provides a nice finish (it's not too matte or too dewy, but really leaves a very nice finish). It also doesn't irritate my skin or interact poorly with any of my sunscreens or serums. I've tried samples of Bare Minerals, and I really prefer the LM powder-- if you were put off of mineral foundations because of BE, give LM a shot.

It's also works well for me as a spot concealer-- rather than using it all over, sometimes I just use a concealer brush on around my nose to get rid of redness. I've also come to prefer powder foundations over liquids, as it seems more natural on my skin and I feel like I can blend it better.

I use the Tender Rose, and it's really perfect shade for us very pale girls with pinkish undertones. I was initially surprised when the LM rep gave me that color, but it really does match my skin perfectly. I'd had problems trying to find a shade pale enough from other brands, but LM came through.

I also only have to re-purchase maybe once a year-- I can't remember, actually, when I bought the current jar I'm using, and from the looks of it, I won't need to rebuy for a while. So, it's a fair price in the end.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This loose powder is long wearing and has a bit of a sheen to it. It has a sifter but I would suggest not removing the tape all the way so that not alot of products come out. There's not alot of color selection though which is a shame. Other than that, it's worth the money even though it is expensive.