MAC 227 Large Fluff Brush

4.8

brush hair very good

on 3/24/2008 7:42:00 PM

love this brush. i bought just because but didn't think i would actually love it. i love the plushness of it, so soft and full and easy for an all over color and perfect for contouring your nose.one of my must haves.

on 2/12/2008 1:06:00 PM

I like this brush but only use it for blending out e/s and softening lines; I really like stiffer, paddle shaped brushes for this. For me, it doesn't work well for applying a color all over the lid, it comes out too sheer IMO and I use either the 239 or 252 for that. I'll occasionally use it to apply my brow highlighter and then work it down to soften and blend but, again, it can come out too sheer even under the brow IMO and sometimes the e/s just flies everywhere.
It is nice for blending though and easy to use...although I must say that the one I have from Sephora that is just like it but a bit smaller is actually softer and I find myself reaching for it more because of that. :-/

on 1/23/2008 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't understand why not everyone has this brush? I love it, soft and fluffy for an all-over wash of eye color, and also good for detailed face highlighting

on 12/23/2007 8:07:00 PM

I love this brush. It is great for an all over color and gives even application. I found it to be a little to big to apply my highlight color, but wonderful for blending out harsh lines up to my highlight. The only down side is the price...regardless, I love it!

on 11/23/2007 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this brush! It's perfect for highlighting and eliminating harsh eye makeup lines. It's a little pricey, but worth it :]

on 10/15/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

One word. AMAZING. I love this brush, It might not be for everyone though. This is amazing for applying a highlight, for applying color all over the lid and blending out harsh lines and just overall a great brush. 30$ for an eyeshadow brush might seem like a lot, but, it's so worth it.

on 8/11/2007 8:27:00 PM

Fantastic brush for MSF's...I get the most gorgeous highlighting when I use this brush. It's also great for applying an eye contour shade, so easy to use...And as other MUA'ers stated here, it's great for applying a lid wash. I've used this brush equally as much for all three applications.

UPDATE (5/27/08): I use this almost exclusively for highlighting now. Once in a while I may use it for a wash of color on the eyelid as long as the color is very light, then I may dip it into a brown shade for a quick contour look. This is when I am in a rush, want to look polished, but don't have the time to build a complex look. But as a highlighting brush, this is bomb...

on 3/31/2007 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush. I use it for placing shimmer powders and msfs on the high areas of my cheeks.

It can also be used for eyeshadow, I have a cover girl brush that is JUST like this one (but a bit smaller) that i adore so I knew this would be a very useful brush.

I am debating on getting another i use it so much

on 3/17/2007 7:47:00 AM

I love this brush! Like the last reviewer said, its perfect for a wash of colour on the eye and it does the job perfectly and so quickly too! If I ever needed to, I'd buy this brush again in a flash!

on 3/17/2007 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this brush! The #227 Large Fluff Brush has replaced my beloved #252 as my "eye wash" brush! The 227 does the job quickly and easily! Picks up alot of product and puts it firmly where you want it. I haven't used it for this reason yet, but I can see where it would do an excellent job for powdering up any concealer you might have patted under your eyes. What more can I say about this brush?PS (Don't feel sorry for my #252. I still use it sometimes for lid work!) :o) continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes