September 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this cleanser as I have quite sensitive, but also combination/oily skin, but unfortunately this does nothing good to my skin. After using it for a week I've got dry, flaky spots on my nose and my cheeks, though my skin doesn't break out of it. Also I find it impractical to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

I only purchased this, this year. Im surprised i waited so long, because i have used Lush products since 1999. This is fantastic. It smells spa like and is really snoothing to my acne prone skin. Since using it i can see a major difference in my skin. Its so soft and clean. Alot nicer then chemical filled face wash like Clinique stuff etc. Definitely calms skin down.

It loses 1 lippie because its a bit messy to use. As in, it leaves a white residue on sink when you use it on your face. Nothing major.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetyoungthing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have tried anything and everything my dermatologist has suggested or prescribed, and sadly the results were usually only temporary. One day I decided I would give Lush a try and chose to experiment with Fresh Farmacy. I honestly feel the results were instant. So much so, that I'm at the point where I don't wear make-up at all, or I use it sparingly, maybe only using concealer and little bit of powder. This is a miracle, because I have tried everything under the sun, even Accutane!! I can't live without this product, it's honestly a life saver. I also suggest Coalface.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by jennyfury1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a bar soap for my face and I really didn't know how troublesome it is. I can't rub the soap directly on my face because it's roughness irritates my acne. For me, I feel that the process gets really messy. As for it's effective, I've been using this soap for one month and although the overall condition of my skin is better, my cheeks are still red and I still get red bumps and pimples. It also makes my skin really dry too. I thought this was going to help my acne but I don't think it did that much. I won't be purchasing this again. I definitely prefer something in a squeeze tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by adara260

True Rating: 3.5/5.0

I bought this cleanser in addition to the Herbalism cleanser to try them for the acne treatment properties. See my other review if you're interested.

This cleanser comes in bar form so its better transportation wise than Herbalism. A little of the bar does go a long way so the price isn't too bad. The ingredients include tea tree oil, chamomile, rose and lavender oil. The tea tree oil is what provides the acne treatment because it has anti bacterial properties. The rest of the oils are there to calm skin etc.

I've been using the bar soap for about a month now and I've still had breakouts. They weren't caused by the product but I wouldn't say this is a miracle, must have product. The bar soap leaves a squeaky clean that most would have to follow with moisturizer.

Overall I wouldn't say this is a bad cleanser but I wouldn't say its a miracle product. You would still need an exfoliater, and a moisturizer. This is a natural product though if you love that type of thing. I also wouldn't repurchase because the sales people I find to be way too pushy. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

This is a very good basic cleanser. I have tried many cleansers and I didn't feel like they were actually doing a very good job a cleansing my skin like they should. They never really helped with my minor/medium skin issues either. After using this I moisturize immediately because my skin has a tendency to get dry/patchy/red. It makes my skin feel very clean. You don't need much at all, so it lasts forever. Make sure you store it in a dry place. I haven't had any major breakouts since I've been using this, and I feel like my skin is congested as it used to be. So BIG thumbs up for that!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Katyrooo

Was on the pill for 7 years got off it and skin went nuts.Blemishes on my neck ,checks,t-zone.I'm recently switched to more natural products and read other reviews and decided to give it a shot .Glad I did although it has not wiped my problems away it has helped calm them down less redness and soreness .I Don't like how it does seem to dry out my skin and tighten it but after a hour or so it seems to loosen up. It is not the most expensive face wash but it seem to do it's money's worth.I will keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sophieerose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I was on the LUSH website about a week ago this caught my eye in the cleansers section, I had previously been looking for a cleanser that would be good for acne, but soothing at the same time and also to help redness. I hadn't found anything until I found this. I went to the nearby LUSH to purchase and have been using it every since. I use it day and night and then follow with LUSH's Vanishing Cream moisturiser. They work really well together and the Fresh Farmacy's definitely giving me the results I want and need. A big plus side to this is that even for just 100g you get a lot of product which lasts you for about 5 - 7 months ! Would definitely recommend to anyone with acne prone skin or needs help with redness etc. also very calming and soothing like it claims!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by burgois

I bought this because I had acne and I was told it would soothe my skin. How wrong I was. The first time I used this my forehead began to sting and itch like you wouldn't believe. I had to get it off straight away and stuck my head in a basin full of cold water just to cool it down. The next couple of days afterwards I had little red bumps on my forehead. Very strange reaction and clearly there's an ingredient that didn't agree with my skin. I would never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by koragemma

Fresh Farmacy has almost completely cured my acne!
I've been using it for about 2 years, twice a day and love what it's done for me, pretty much right from the beginning. I have combination/oily skin and have been battling acne since I was a teen (now in mid twenties). It might be too drying for dry skin. Its calamine and chamomile have calmed my skin down, made it less oily, and now I only get pimples around my time of month (used to be a daily heartbreaking battle!).
I've tried lots of cleaners and scrubs to fight my acne, but maybe they just were too harsh and chemically for my skin (mine is moderately sensitive).
One con is sometimes it doesn't want to rinse off and will leave a white film, but when that happens its usually because I didn't get it foamed up enough in my hands first. Because it's natural, it can either melt if left in water, or dry out if it's been a while from the store. I keep it in a travel soap box so I can keep it lidded. (If it dries out just put a little bit of water in the soap dish with it and it'll get nice and creamy again) That small con is worth the huge benefit! The 3.5 ounce bar will last forever- I cut it in half and each half lasts 2-3 months. $10 for 6 months of product is a steal!
It would be PERFECT if it also exfoliated, or left my skin softer, which it does not, but I just use other products for that.