LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 7/4/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I've been using this for several months now so I think I can accurately review it. This has been a lifesaver for my extremely oily, acne prone skin. While this is described as a bar soap I find the consistency to be more like a solid cream, if that makes sense. It dissolves very easily & is much softer than a traditional bar of soap. It's messy to use but it's so worth it. I also use herbalism & coalface but the fresh farmacy has made the most improvement in my skin's texture & has reduced some of the redness. It's also the most effective out of the 3 LUSH cleansers I mentioned in dealing with oiliness. It is a little pricey & messy to use but it really works for me & I will continue to repurchase.

on 7/1/2011 3:23:00 AM

I had really hopes for this product, but it didn't deliver. It actually made my skin worse! I broke out more and I might've developed a rash (there were non-acne bumps on my cheeks). My face looked like the bottom of a river - pebbly. Every time I used this, it left my face feeling waxy and unclean - like there was a film of residue. This also made my skin look dull. There is rose extract in it, and that further irritated my skin more. The only thing that was a positive, was that it helped reduce redness. I used this for quite some time hoping that my skin was just going through the purging process, but it was a waste of my time. Plus, this cleanser comes in a bar form so you'd have to buy a container to store your soap in. Not only does this cleanser work against you and is a hassle to store, it was not cheap! If I could give this 0 stars, I would.

on 6/23/2011 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to like this product. my skin has been bad since my teen years & I suffer from cystic acne in my t-zone. I get some blackheads & the occasional spot otherwise as well. I generally use a cleanser with some medical ingredients & it's normally fine unless I'm under a lot of stress or it's that time of the month.
now this product I found pretty messy first off. (I could care less if it helped my skin though.) sadly, i used this for about a month & i kept getting nasty breakouts way worse than I was before using it. I feel like I figured out that it just wasn't for me based on one of the ingredients but I'm forgetting which one it was..

I'm sure this is great for uncomplicated acne, but id stay away from it if you have cystic. I do however like the tea tree toner and grease lightening & have kept purchasing them.

on 6/21/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WARNING: THIS WILL BE LONG - I am using this review to track my progress to see if/what results I get from this face soap.

I decided this was the best way to chronicle my use & review of this Lush soap. Today is 06/21/11 and I bought the item last night. I got a chunk the size of about a credit card (2 inches thick) for about 5$ I love how LUSH allows you to buy based on size, so you can spend your own choice. Also, I have found with other LUSH soaps that they last very long if you keep them in a container (do not get them soaked in the shower, they smush up and melt).

Onto the soap.. I was reccomended this for oily problematic teenage acne skin.. This was after about 5 previous trips being advised other items, including this one. I always passed on it since its for sensitive skin which I didn't think I have.

Other items had not been working, so finally I went last night and said sure to this soap, even though I didnt think it would work. My thoughts were that since it is for sensitive skin it may have less acting power, and I need all the power I can get to help my face.

So here I am, after using it once last night and once this morning. Immediately after use last night I was liking it more and more. It left my face dry and not shiny (I am oily so I aim to be dry, others may find it too drying). I felt like my face was clean and soft, no film left from the more moisturizing soaps which I have experienced before..

I put on my LUSH Tea Tree Toner, Grease Lightening Spot Gel, and a moisturizer (can't spell it but its somethign like enzymion?) and went to bed. This morning, I woke up and honestly saw my skin looked calmer. Less red and inflamed around the acne, and even the acne itself seemed to be a few notches lessened.

I did the same routine this morning, and again after washing I truly felt like this is what i wanted to be doing to my skin.. gentle and soft, but still cleansing.

I am not saying that I believe this is some miracle worker. But I am feeling a bit more hopeful that I will find a way to battle my troubled skin. This is why I am starting this today. I will periodically update (partially for myself and partially to help others decide if this may be for them) and track the progress of using this new face care regime.

UPDATE: 06/28/2011 - one week into use, now alternating with Dark Angels in the evening, this is looking to help even more, the few spots that pop up go away within a day or two, much better than the longer breakouts I used to have. Still a little bit of bumps on my forehead, a place i never had much trouble with before however they are looking to be getting smaller and smaller, so hopefully going away soon. So far so good I say!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and I will most definitely keep this updated with my results. Thanks for reading!

on 6/14/2011 6:28:00 PM

I decided to try this cleanser as I have quite sensitive, but also combination/oily skin, but unfortunately this does nothing good to my skin. After using it for a week I've got dry, flaky spots on my nose and my cheeks, though my skin doesn't break out of it. Also I find it impractical to use.

on 6/12/2011 10:03:00 PM

I only purchased this, this year. Im surprised i waited so long, because i have used Lush products since 1999. This is fantastic. It smells spa like and is really snoothing to my acne prone skin. Since using it i can see a major difference in my skin. Its so soft and clean. Alot nicer then chemical filled face wash like Clinique stuff etc. Definitely calms skin down.

It loses 1 lippie because its a bit messy to use. As in, it leaves a white residue on sink when you use it on your face. Nothing major.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried anything and everything my dermatologist has suggested or prescribed, and sadly the results were usually only temporary. One day I decided I would give Lush a try and chose to experiment with Fresh Farmacy. I honestly feel the results were instant. So much so, that I'm at the point where I don't wear make-up at all, or I use it sparingly, maybe only using concealer and little bit of powder. This is a miracle, because I have tried everything under the sun, even Accutane!! I can't live without this product, it's honestly a life saver. I also suggest Coalface.

on 6/8/2011 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my first time using a bar soap for my face and I really didn't know how troublesome it is. I can't rub the soap directly on my face because it's roughness irritates my acne. For me, I feel that the process gets really messy. As for it's effective, I've been using this soap for one month and although the overall condition of my skin is better, my cheeks are still red and I still get red bumps and pimples. It also makes my skin really dry too. I thought this was going to help my acne but I don't think it did that much. I won't be purchasing this again. I definitely prefer something in a squeeze tube.

on 6/3/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

True Rating: 3.5/5.0

I bought this cleanser in addition to the Herbalism cleanser to try them for the acne treatment properties. See my other review if you're interested.

This cleanser comes in bar form so its better transportation wise than Herbalism. A little of the bar does go a long way so the price isn't too bad. The ingredients include tea tree oil, chamomile, rose and lavender oil. The tea tree oil is what provides the acne treatment because it has anti bacterial properties. The rest of the oils are there to calm skin etc.

I've been using the bar soap for about a month now and I've still had breakouts. They weren't caused by the product but I wouldn't say this is a miracle, must have product. The bar soap leaves a squeaky clean that most would have to follow with moisturizer.

Overall I wouldn't say this is a bad cleanser but I wouldn't say its a miracle product. You would still need an exfoliater, and a moisturizer. This is a natural product though if you love that type of thing. I also wouldn't repurchase because the sales people I find to be way too pushy. continued >>

This is a very good basic cleanser. I have tried many cleansers and I didn't feel like they were actually doing a very good job a cleansing my skin like they should. They never really helped with my minor/medium skin issues either. After using this I moisturize immediately because my skin has a tendency to get dry/patchy/red. It makes my skin feel very clean. You don't need much at all, so it lasts forever. Make sure you store it in a dry place. I haven't had any major breakouts since I've been using this, and I feel like my skin is congested as it used to be. So BIG thumbs up for that!