August 29, 2014 | 1847 users online

Powder - Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really changed my mind about this product. It took me awhile to find the right shade (I now use 2 shades together), but the quality of this makeup far surpasses any other mineral or liquid foundation out there. It feels light on my face, yet provides enough coverage for broken capillaries, blackheads, etc. I also like the fact that it doesn't emphasize pores like Bare Escentuals did for me. In addition, the big container will last for months and months-you definitely will get your $ worth.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

This has been the best powder I have ever found with the mineral formula. I had started wearing this as soon as it came out and did not know how amazing it was until I got professional pictures back and it looked like my skin had been airbrushed! I was so happy with it! I wear a liquid underneath just so it has something smooth to go over and the result is awesome! For $25 it will last you 6 months easily! I wear L60 in the winter and ML70 in the summer. Both colors can be adjusted with the right bronzer! I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by neva22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!!!! I own numerous foundations including mineral (all high end), and this blows them all away by far!!! When I apply this mineral makeup my skin looks perfect: clear, radiant, no pores, just beautiful glowing radiant skin (as in airbrushed) . What more can a person ask for? When I initally applied the makeup I thought that my face looked shiny, but it's actually a beautiful glow. I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror. Especially impressive in the sunlight as it looks like I'm not wearing any makeup (very important). Absolutely in love with this product. Purchased it in ML50, ML70 & ML90 to match my skin from winter to summer (tanned skin). ML90 works as a great bronzer as well.
Apply primer prior to application and you'll find it works like MAGIC!

Try a small amount of Monistat Soothing Care (chafing powder gel) as a primer. I found this treasure on this website. GREAT, GREAT stuff. I have alot of primers, I.E. Smashbox, Chanel, BB, Make Up Forever, Yves Saint Lauren...I find that Monistat provides the best base for mineral makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by HCat

Love, love, love! I used to wear BE but it always made me itch. So I started shopping around and tried quite a few mineral companies when I came across this when I was purchasing the Merle Norman Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer - HG - check out my review. They offer free facials and makeovers - love being pampered. They used the tinted moisturizer on me and then added a light layer of their mineral foundation. Wow, I literally looked like I was glowing from within...not shiny like BE and not too matte...just the right healthy skin glow. It has a lighter coverage than BE, but since I use the tinted moisturizer, I get all the coverage I need. I tried my BE brushes and other kabukis, but didn't care that much for the finish. I found that this foundation can be worn alone and get the coverage you need by layering it using a skunk brush. I have used both the MAC 187 and Prescriptives Bronzer brush and they work beautifully with the mineral foundation. No matter how many layers I put on, it doesn't cake on me. For reference I am a Sand in BB and a FL in BE and I love teh L20 in the Merle Norman Minerals. In addition to all the other reasons I love this product, the value is amazing! The container is huge 14 g I think for only $25!! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice alternative mineral makeup for those allergic to the bismuth oxychloride in Bare Minerals. I am a Revlon Colorstay Buff, Estee Lauder Double Wear Ecru,Bare Minerals Light, and wear L60 in the Luxiva mineral makeup. As with any mineral makeup, there is a learning curve and the choice of brush you use makes a huge difference in coverage and end results. I use my Bare Minerals heavenly face brush or my handy buki brush. I think the Luxiva is a little more sheer than Bare Minerals, but lasts on the skin well and gives a nice finish. It is a MUCH better value, as the jar you get is huge. I still think I prefer Bare Minerals over the Luxiva, but Luxiva is a very nice foundation. Plus, at my Merle Norman, when I bought two items, they gave me a gift with purchase. Yay! I love free stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by coberkrieser

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this WAY better than Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. It does not sink into my pores or highlight fine lines and wrinkles like the BE did. It covers the rosacea on my cheeks and leaves my skin looking flawless. I've gotten several compliments on how radiant my skin looks since wearing it and since it's only 1 step it's super easy to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by denice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the reviews on this I went by the MN store in the mall and tried it. (I was a little scared to try it really because of the 70's thick makeup that MN had.) The SA put it on and I wore it around the mall. I liked it a lot at first. The color was perfect- Mac Nc20=ML40. When I got home and looked at it, I had the same effect as I did when I used BE - a shiny tin look with ginormous pores with one difference- no itchiness. I tried it a couple of times but in the meantime found LM mmu and loved it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by rs412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Been using the powder for about a year now and I still love it. I think if you use this alone (just moisturizer + Luxiva powder), it will improve your skin. Your skin will stop getting clogged and will break out less. I suggest you use this with an oil-free moisturizer.

Totally worth the money, I will be repurchasing once I finish my first one. It gives you a nice glow when you apply it - unlike the pressed powders. Coverage wise, it's not bad but if you're too concerned you can always use a pressed powder and apply this on top.

Note: when you purchase it, make sure the powder matches your skin tone. Try it without any makeup on.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dori0000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many mineral makeups, and for my 53year old skin, this seams to be the best. It does not get shiney. The container has small sifter holes so that you do not get too much product out at one time. The MN mineral brush is quite lovely too.

p.s. this is the only MM that has not settled in my fine lines.

oh no, it was hot and humid over the weekend and I experienced the horrible itching and burning I have heard people talk about.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by texasbrunette

I am 37, and trying to disquise wrinkles and freckles. I've tried at least 4 other mineral foundations. This one is my favorite by far. The coverage is better than any other foundation that I have tried, and it makes my skin look so smooth. It absolutely does not settle into wrinkles and I use quite a bit to get the coverage I want. It never gets cakey either. This stuff is great!! My only gripe is not many colors to choose from.