Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hair has recently become more oily and, because I didn't want to wash my hair daily, I decided to go with dry shampoo. My local drugstore had this and I bought it as it was the best value for money.

As soon as I got back, I sprayed some into my roots and brushed through. It did make my hair matte and the oiliness did disappear, but my hair was made very chalky.
The reason I rated it only 3/5 is mainly the chalkiness but also because my hair didn't have any lift from it either, my hair was just flat.

There is another dry shampoo that has recently been released (which I will review at a later date) that claims not to leave a chalky finish and provides lift too.

on 11/6/2014 9:22:00 PM

I don't know what I did before this existed. The tropical scent is my favorite. I agree that it probably is best for us with light hair although I believe they now have a dark version.

on 10/28/2014 6:24:00 AM

Leaves a hideous white powder like colour over the hair when sprayed, hate this product compared to other dry shampoo's and isn't cheap in Australia, don't waste your time trying to rub the product through, therefore messing up hairstyle and encouraging dandruff if pre-exsisting. With dark brown, almost black hair, this product is a definite hazard!

on 10/27/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This review is for the original dry shampoo.

I have very oily hair. Basically, I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise when I wake up the oil will make me look like I have been sick for few days.
This shampoo is very excellent when I need an instant refresh or some extra volume. Smell is good also, very fresh and cool.

However, I don't think this one can replace normal shampoo. So, even though I use it, I still try to wash my hair every day in summer, or if the weather is too cold or I'm just tired, every 2 days. I heard that some people are so dependent on dry shampoo that they keep their hair unwashed for a week (eww!) and then blame the dry shampoo for dandruff.

on 10/23/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

Amazing.

I have hair that gets oily very quickly and this has allowed me to give my hair a break every second day. After a quick and light spray on my roots my hair instantly looks fresh and clean again.

Doesn't seem to buildup at all either. Best dry shampoo.

The scent of the original is a very clean smell. I've also tried the wild, which was musky, and the cherry, and the floral (which is my favourite after the original).

A note that the volume boost version does seem to create a bit more buildup and makes hair sticky/almost like a hairspray effect so I would only use that one when I'm going out or specifically doing something with my hair that needs to hold it in place.

on 10/22/2014 5:38:00 PM

Batiste is my go to dry shampoo. I actually probably use dry shampoo way too often as I usually even spray some after a shower. My hair is super flat and life-less so dry shampoo gives it a little boost. Batiste has the widest variety of products, they offer scented, non-scented, and a product for brunettes.

on 10/20/2014 9:34:00 PM

Life saver! I only wash my hair 3-4 times per week because it's very long and I color it. I bought it one say without knowing anything about it, then when I ran out, I bought a different brand. I regret changing! I will forever use this brand of dry shampoo! It also doesn't leave your hair looking grey, which is a huge plus.

on 10/13/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The best dry shampoo i've experienced !! :)

on 10/12/2014 8:09:00 PM

New staple!

I tried this out of curiosity due to good reviews here and elsewhere. I was skeptical because I've tried aerosol dry shampoos from other brands and was unimpressed. I was also concerned that the alcohol would dry out my hair too much and the fragrance would be overpowering. I have been happiest with non-aerosol dry shampoos from 'natural' brands like Acure, which use essential oils to scent the products.

I'm glad to report that my skepticism was unwarranted. This stuff is great! I wash my (dark, normal, straight-ish, healthy) hair every other day (about 2-3 times per week) and this keeps my second-day hair looking and feeling good. It doesn't leave a powdery residue or a dirty feeling. My hair looks and behaves like it's been freshly washed. I'm starting to realize that it actually looks better on the second day due to this stuff. It keeps the roots fresh and volumized, but the length tends to lie more nicely on the second day.

I haven't noticed any dryness in my scalp or hair. No irritation or build-up either.

I've tried the original and Blush scents and liked both. The latter in particular is very pretty and feminine. They are also subtly present all day, but not at all strong as I'd feared.

I just wish this stuff were a little cheaper. I go through a can pretty quickly.

on 10/12/2014 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have the dark brown one and it saves my life like all the time.I often realise that my hair is greasy about 10 min before I have to leave a house and go somewhere. Amazing product for those days you do not have time to wash your hair.

Video Reviews & Tutorials