November 28, 2014 | 1392 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This company makes my HG foundation (Original Glo) which is one of the few products out there suited for my sensitive, normal/oily (flaky on top in the Winter) and easily irritated skin! I used to pair Glo with the Finishing Dust, but this clogged my pores and made my forehead oily by the end of the day.

I have finally found my HG in the Silk Dust!!! The description alone is making me drool: "Pure Silk Dust Finishing Powder is a translucent powder that not only reflects UV radiation, and has 18 vital amino acids, and anti-bacterial properties, it controls oil and regulates moisture while giving your complexion a flawless finish." I will totally back up all of the statements given here!

Edit: I am not so sure this is HG anymore, since the last time I ordered this they have added blackcurrant as a preservative. It is supposedly irritating for some. Will have to try the new version...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Lkn4Him

This is very nice stuff. First, I tried Finishing dust, which is great -- beautiful finish. It held up well, except when I wear Original Glo -- I would tend to get a bit oily by the end of the day.

So, I tried Silk Dust. Perfect. No oil. No retouching. No matter what foundation formula I use, Silk Dust holds beautifully. Beautiful finish, although I think Finishing Dust gives a tiny bit more of a smooth look. But, overall, I believe I like Silk Dust the best and I will order it again when I run out. Plus, it's hard to find other companies that sell PURE 100% silk dust. Most others add an ingredient or two or more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by nirvanamoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this silk dust! Perfect setting/finishing powder. Goes on silky smooth and lasts all day. Gives an airbrushed/flawless look. No fillers such as cornstarch or irritating silicas. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by adornedwithgrace

I switch this around with the Balancing Powder for days that I go out and use the Finishing Dust mainly at home since I don't need as much of the oil control. I agree that it does get pale and white, but I mainly wear it underneath on my T-zone because that is where I tend to have the most oil and silk powder in general is suppose to help with extra moisture. It feels really smooth on my face and I am just fascinated with it since it's composition is supposed to be very close human skin. Here is EM's description of it on their website:
"...reflects UV radiation, and has 18 vital amino acids, and anti-bacterial properties, it controls oil and regulates moisture.."
I've looked at other mineral companies to see if they sell anything similar and I can't seem to find one that sells pure Silk Powder. Even if I did, I am not so sure it would be offered at the great price, $12 USD that EM does. It is an even better deal if you get it in one of their awesome Custom Kits.
I would recommend getting this if you are prone to the oilies and if you are medium toned or darker, like myself, wear it underneath your regular foundation so that it doesn't lighten your skin too much. I do put it on over, but I'll use a skunk brush and buff it in pretty well so it doesn't look ghostly at all. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product makes my skin look pale and white as a ghost. I really don't like the white cast after applying it even if I use a super light application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Lovely stuff! No talc or cornstarch to irritate my skin, but keeps oil at bay. The finish is natural and not too matte. A great, inexpensive product. Plus, you can't beat the customer service and shipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by crazydiamond360

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great stuff. Gives me a matte look and keeps extreme shine at bay almost all day w/out touching up. Doesn’t look shiny, cakey or feel funky like EM’s finishing dust (which is just cornstarch). I use this over my sunscreen to hide that “sunscreen sheen” and alone (no foundation) quite often and am very pleased. After my 12 year search looking for a finishing powder (and always going without because I had never found one I liked enough), I’ve found my staple.

Love the new containers (large flat circle with a light green lid and silver emblem)...I can just pop in a powder puff to make the case portable. I’ve also gone to the craft store and bought a mirror to glue in the lid to make a compact. I will most definitely repurchase...I imagine this always being in my makeup case. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by originalgeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the small 4 gram size of this free after they were out of stock when I ordered my free sample kit. I am blown away by that act of customer service, and I also find that the product is awesome. My skin feels smooth, not oily and flawless. If I remember, I will come back and update this after a few weeks of using it!

EDIT:

This product has completely changed my skin for the better and I bought the large size, which has lasted me around 6 months and I still have quite a bit left.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by virgy123

I wanted to update my previous review, but don't know so I'm writing a new one.
After using silk dust exclusively for a little over a month now, this has earned a permanent place in my makeup bag. Gotta go now, I need to order more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by strapon

This product is much lighter in color than the balancing or finishing dusts, meaning it is basically a pure white. The EM site says it should work on every skintone, but I imagine that this would not work very well on people who are not as pale as I am since it does at a bit of whiteness. The texture of this very silky, much smoother than the balancing or finishing dust and it prevents my face from getting oily all day.