October 24, 2014 | 1993 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Wipes - All Skin Types

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Rivercat0338

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great! Purchased on a whim at Target when Whole Foods stopped carrying my usual Comodynes, I threw them in my suitcase on a trip as a backup to my usual cleanser (Cetaphil) knowing we'd be busy. Then at the airport, a TSA agent in a pissy mood took away my tiny bottles of Cetaphil, Olay Total Effects lotion, shampoo, body lotion, toothpaste, etc. (all in tiny bottles in a bag!), leaving me only with the Boots wipes. Turned out, they were all I needed! They take off makeup and dirt quite well and leave my skin soft and smooth. Many cleansers are very drying on me even though I have oily skin with huge pores. The scent is very light and inoffensive as well. For under $5 on sale, this was the buy of the year. I'd give it 4.5 lippies if possible, only because eye makeup removal could be better.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by loverofmakeup

I have been using these wipes for a month, and I love them. Other wipes have stung my face terribly, but I used Boots products when I lived in England years ago, and they were always mild but effective.
I'm 54, and no matter what I use to treat and moisturize, I was finding that washing twice a day with a good cleanser was still drying. I use the wipes at night to remove the day's makeup and then I wash with cleanser and water in the a.m. which is when I shower. I find this method is making a big difference in the general condition of my skin. So, older gals, give this a try if you are losing moisture as you age.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by hitchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ever hesitant of Facial Wipes, as I live and die by my moisturizer, I jumped on the US Boots Train, having developed the lust while I was overseas, where they have actual BOOTS STORES!! and decided to go for these wipes. I hate washing my face with soap and water at night, and the thought of a cold, slimy facial wipe followed by night cream makes me naseaus, so more often than not I've gone to bed in a full face of make up. I know, I know, FOR SHAME.
These things are the best. Not slimy or sudsy, they remove eyemakeup without a fight, they leave me feeling clean but not dry, and my skin is happy when I wake up in the morning: no leftover mascara clinging to my lower lids, no tight feeling, just a normal, clean feel.
The only downside: I sometimes feel they aren't really deep cleaning, esp. when I'm in a polluted city. I do prefer them to the cement scrub that is Pond's wipes, however, and will buy up the lot at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by kersalli2

I bought these on vacation after they had been catching my eye for weeks at Target. These wipes are fairly inexpensive (I paid $6.99 at Target which yields 30 wipes), they're large in size, they have no scent, they are non-irritating and I love the packaging. As others have mentioned, the snap-lock packaging on these makes all of the difference in that you can seal the wipes back up and they won't dry out (as opposed to the other brands that are held shut with a sticker). These are ideal for vacations when you don't want to mess with packing all of your facial products and they are so convenient. I would buy these again. And, did I mention that I love the bright blue packaging...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Impressive! I bought these today having read MUA's great reviews and had a 5 voucher off No.7 skincare in my bag. Wow! I don't usually use No.7 but these are very good. One wipe is all it takes to remove a days make-up in seconds! OK so they didn't take off all my mascara, although they probably would have had I rubbed a bit harder! But to be honest I hadn't expected them to be that good (and I like to use a 'proper' eye make-up remover anyway). Unlike other wipes I've tried I found them non-irritating and non-drying. Not too sure about the claim they 'moisturise' but my skin felt beautifully soft after using them. The packaging is small, neat and portable. The flip lid is great as it's hygenic and keeps the wipes moist. At 6.25 they are not the cheapest on the market but worth it for the extremely good results. Well done No.7 - I also tried the eye make-up remover, recommended by MUA's and was very impressed with the brilliant results(see separate review).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Target is now carrying this line which is primarily sold in the UK. These wipes are the best out their for price and performance. They come in a handy, reclosable sanitary pack that allows users to pull one wipe at a time. For $6 you get 30 wipes. Perfect for those days when you are too tired to use soap to take off your makeup but don't want to cause an early morning breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HUGE rave for this product! Every other facial wipe i've tried has been too drying, too harsh, the packaging all wrong, the wipes themselves too small. I found these at my Target as they've been getting a lot of this line in. the packaging is a neat blue plastic, and it has the conventional pull back sticker, but also a hard plastic closure on top to keep the wipes from drying out if the seal on the sticker isn't enough. The wipes themselves are huge, totally enough to remove makeup and then cleanse the face. And these DO remove eye makeup well. It slides off on this wipe better than with my normal e/m remover (clinique take the day off). My skin is feeling really smooth, and lightly moisturized which is all I need since my skin is oily. My face just feels amazing. I would and will buy these again over and over and over. Totally worth the price, at around $6 i think for 30 wipes. If you just use them when you're too lazy to wash your face or exclusively in the morning, you can make them last longer.
EDIT(03/24/07)-I'm even more impressed with this product after two weeks of use. This product still cleanses and removes makeup well, and I've noticed my face is looking amazingly clear. I've got less small blemishes and blackheads and I'm stoked. Also, I haven't been using any additional moisturizer except once a day, and my skin is perfectly comfortable and I'm less oily. I don't know what's different about the ingredients in these, but I'm about to purchase another couple packages!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are really nice. I like the packaging, you can see how much you've got left and there is a plastic lid so you don't get any annoying sticky flaps that stop being sticky half way through!!

I am not sure if these moisturise but they are not drying.

I only really have one gripe about these and that is that they are 6.00!! That is a LOT of cash for less than a months worth of cleansing. I know you're not supposed to use them every day but I do! I am obvioulsy just lazy but they work a treat especially in the mornings. I mean...i can get an extra 5 mins sleep if I use these things!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 3:39:00 AM More reviews by lclc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these! The package says these wipes will cleanse, tone, moisturize, and remove eye-make up. Well, I'm not sure about all that, but they do a good job of removing foundation and eye makeup. They take most of my mascara off too. I use them only as makeup removers before I cleanse because I'm not too sure they would be sufficient for cleansing alone, except in a pinch.

Here's why I love them:
1. They are not too drying on my sensitive, combination skin (I have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks).
2. I don't get any irritation or redness with these.
3. They do not make me break out.
4. The cloths are super soft and glide right over my skin.
5. There is no added fragrance.
6. They don't irritate my eyes.
7. They are not too expensive. (They come in a plastic aqua and white package that contains 30 wipes for around 6 to 8 dollars.)

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl isononanoate, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl alcohol, Sodium citrate, Propylene glycol, Fennel fruit extract, Panthenol, Witch Hazel, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl stearate, Glycerin, Citric acid, Methylparaben, Ceteareth-12, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1, 3-Diol. continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No