Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

4.1

WATER, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, STEARIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, GLYCOL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, CARBOMER, FRAGRANCE, STEARAMIDE AMP, TRIETHANOLAMINE, METHYLPARABEN, DMDM HYDANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, CARAMEL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 11/20/2010 4:39:00 PM

I can't believe I still haven't reviewed t his product despite the amount of hate I have for it. Sorry to be a downer on all these positive reviews below but this product is so not worth buying. My partner bought a 3 pack of these at Costco and it's been torture trying to finish it. The smell is atrocious and NOTHING like cocoa or chocolate. In fact, it smells like some disgusting medicine. And the moisturizing power is not so great either. It stays on the skin like a nasty layer. Gross gross gross. Thankfully we're almost out of this garbage.

on 11/13/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried to like/love/adore this product, but it had left a sticky film on my skin and caused a massive breakout on my back, shoulders and chest. Will not repurchase.

on 11/13/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

For me, the downfall of drugstore body lotions is always either the cheap and overpowering smell, or the yucky coated feeling that they leave on my skin without actually providing much moisture. I am fairly loyal to Kiehls Crème de Corps because it’s the best thing on the face of the earth for severely dry skin which is what I have. But I cannot always justify the cost of that stuff, and this unassuming Vaseline lotion is the best thing I have found otherwise.

It leaves the skin soft, nourished, and like Palmers, a bit more even-toned, maybe. I suppose evenly moisturised skin will always look smoother, but it’s a nice effect. It gives even my pale, wintery skin a soft buttery glow that lasts and is real (not an illusion created by shimmer particles, which thankfully this does not have). Just as promised, it conditons the skin with regular use, which in my experience most drugstore lotions have failed to do.

It has a light, plasticky-sweet cocoa scent but nothing overwhelming. I love perfume and I avoid scented body creams because they tend to interfere with my chosen ’fume. I do wear a lot of vanilla scents and they layer wonderfully over this. It’s not a miracle product by any means, but it's a bargain at around £3 (I got my last bottle on promotion for half that) and I will continue to repurchase and use interchangeably with Crème de Corps.

**This does not seem to come in the large pump bottle in the UK. I have 200mls in a flip-top bottle which can be stored upside down – no frills but very convenient.

on 11/6/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is okay for the summer. splurge on palmer's for the winter. on second thought, just pay for palmers.

on 10/17/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I put this all over after taking a shower. i love the smell; its very mild. It keeps my skin hydrated all day and give me a beautiful natural glow. Its not to watery and not to creamy though i would say that it is SLIGHTLY more watery. leaves my skin smooth and i will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I put this on my feet at night after I shower and wear socks. I wake up with the softest feet ever! I love it! <3

on 8/10/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This lotion smells wonderful, absorbs quickly, and has a nice consistency (not too watery or thick, if anything, this leans more on the thin and watery side). Those are three big pros when picking out a lotion-- however, in regard to the "grease-factor", I would like to explain something. This lotion has petrolatum in it (the second ingredient). Petrolatum is in almost all Vaseline products (petrolatum is the same thing as petroleum jelly), and is a SKIN PROTECTANT. This means that it sits on top of the skin to lock in moisture. It is not necessarily "bad", but if it's hot or humid, locking in moisture is not a good thing. Sweating is the process which cools the body down, and having a thin layer of petrolatum on top of your skin is going to falter that process. **Therefore, this lotion is a great WINTER/FALL lotion.** In regard to the "greasiness" people don't like, pick a lotion without petrolatum. For a lotion with petrolatum, this is very light on the greasiness.

A woman that I particularly admire uses this in the winter, and the smell always reminds me of her. I buy a large container of this every time the weather starts to get cool.

on 8/10/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this lotion!!! This is my HG drugstore lotion. It moisturizes my skin really well and smells AMAZING!!! I use it every day after I shower, Sometimes I mix it with a drop of lavender baby oil if my skin feels particularly dry. It absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel like buttah! LOL

on 8/6/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This cream is really nice. It is very moisturising on my skin. The smell reminds me of Bailey's Irish Cream (alcohol beverage) for some reason LOL. Overall I like this product and would use it again.

on 8/6/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stuff!So mousturizing,the smell is great,and the fact that it has cocoa butter is awesome,LOVE this!Will always buy.

Top Rated Vaseline Products