November 27, 2014 | 1496 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yuck. Waxy and not moisturizing at all. I'd recommend Un-petroleum by Avalon Organics.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by littlemiss2k

I love love LOVE this!! It is the cheapest beauty product that I use and definately one of my favourite!! The smell is so so scrumptious and it makes my lips feel so soft. Definately a must have!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by anicechianti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know, very few prods that are inexpensive such as this get little love here on MUA. If you were to wrap this in a MAC container, it would be praised as the greatest balm in the world. I've tried MANY lip conditioners and this one and Blistex (the one in the purple squeeze tube) are my favorites. I haven't had any problems with breaking out at all. My lips looks full and conditioned, and Cherry Chapstick preps them for flawless lipstick application. Also good to put under lip stains for even application and easier spreadability. So just skip all the rest and get this, seriously. Its cheap and effective. Also try the spearmint flavored for a minty burst. Try putting spearmint on right after brushing teeth and your mouth will feel and taste so clean. Lip treatments I've tried that are worthless are:

Olive oil
Aquafina Lip oil
MAC lip conditioner
Lips so soft

Those were the worst, and any others I haven't named are meh and nothing special. The absolute BEST lip conditioner I've tried was one from la prarie but it's $$$.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

oh cherry chapstick, you made my lip area break out! ew!
i like the smell, i don't like the oiliness or waxiness though. go for blistex in stead. x_x unless you like healed, but still gross and broken out mouth areas,

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ToxicBailey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being the lip balm addict that I am, I have tried many different kinds and brands of lip balms- but I always go back to my good ol' Cherry Chapstick. There's just something about it that I love - its AMAZING pleasant cherry smell, or maybe the subtle pretty pink tint it gives to my lips, or the smooth feeling it gives to my lips which makes them feel soft and moisturized.

I also like to use a thick layer of this stuff, and when I do, it gives my lips such a beautiful tint.
I've used up about 4 of these over time- It may not get much love here on MUA, but I LOVE my Cherry chapstick! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by miniwinnie

I've used Cherry Chapstick since I was a kid.
Recently, I've been trying out all kinds of lip balms- from all natural to like BBW stuff. What I've noticed was the fact that I would buy a tube of Cherry Chapstick after each new brand/type I've tried. After wasting money on C.O. Bigelow (too shiny lip shines that end up around the mouth and too uncomfortable lip balms), Burt's bees (overhyped, the smells are too overwelming and there really is nothing special about them, the peppermint or whatever in them sting really bad and I don't even have sensitive lips), Carmex, Blistex (doesn't do what it says), Soft lips, Trader joe's, Smackers, almost anything elsebut Cherry Chapstick I've come to realize Cherry Chapstick was what I've been 'looking' for all along! Lol.
So, basically, Cherry Chapstick is really great.
* Soothes/ heals chapped lips
*Moisturizes nicely
*Slight scent w/o icky tastes
* gives a nice hint to my pale lips
*Just all-around fab

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

wow.

i really ordered a cherry chapstick after i heard Katy Perry with her song "I Kissed a Girl", because i noticed i donīt have one yet. lol.

once i got it i was very surprised ... it smells like bubble gum !

no bad, but very surprising .... the german "cherry labello" smells like natural cherry and VERY delicious.

but the cherry chapstick smells more like artificial cherry.

thatīs why i put one lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by blueisland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is one of those things that virtually everyone owns or has used because it is so basic. The balm is waxy and leaves a little tint of color on my lips. The cherry flavor is pleasant (or maybe just reminds me of my childhood). It's weird, but I feel like once I put it on, I suddenly crave to put more on minutes later. The price is great, and I buy mine in these three-packs and then keep them in various places.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Chrissy12345

Cherry chapstick is the chapsticks of chapsticks! It smells and tastes a little like cherry cough syrup but it gets the job done while leaving a subtle hot tint on your lips. What more could you ask for? :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

In my opinion, Cherry is more moisturizing than other Chapstick flavors. I have very dry lips so while I initially wasn't crazy about the scent (it reminded me of the motion sickness chewable tabs called Bonine!),it has now grown on me. Because it's thicker, it seems a bit more gets on your lips, levaing a very slight hint of pink. I find it to be longer lasting too, as other Chapsticks are more glossy and therefore don't last as long.