December 20, 2014 | 1360 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in my bag, my dresser, and some in the fridge (long story). I really love this stuff - especially the color. I'm always looking for sheer red tint and this is just perfect. It feels like gel, goes on minty and cold, and moisturizes quite well but not as well as my Neutrogena lip balm. But that one doesn't have color so I prefer this instead. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent and packaging of this stuff, but not so much the product. It smells great and feels good, however once on, it has that petroleum-like smell/taste that is not pleasant. It also has no flavor except for petroleum jelly. Yuck. I didn't notice any tingling at all from the mint. In the future I'll stay with Burt's Beeswax, my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by eat245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite of the Smith's Rosebud Salves (I've tried original and strawberry, too). The texture is a little goopy, and it tends to melt easily. The scent is really mild and the mint feels great- nice and tingly without being too intense (like lip venom- ouch!). It also has a faint reddish tint on my lips. I wish the packaging was a stick or tube so I didn't have to use my hands, but otherwise I love this stuff and will definitely buy it again. The tin lasts a long time, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by runrgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product since I see it on so many must-have lists, and the little tin is very cute and retro. But I couldn't figure out why I kept putting it in the drawer and using something else. Then I read that it contains borax. (I checked on several websites to be sure.) That explains it - borax is used in small amount as an emulsifier - it helps oil-based and water-based ingredients to mix together smoothly. But borax is also a desiccant. That means it is a drying agent. Now, there is probably only a tiny amount in the tin, but still, I don't want a drying agent in my lip moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the texture, scent, and tingle of this product, but I hate how red it makes my lips. I wasn't expecting it to be so tinted; it's almost like a brighter version of BeneTint. My lips are already deeply pigmented and don't need the extra colour, and against my pale skin I feel like this makes me look clownish. I wouldn't buy it again myself, but I would recommend it to someone who likes minty lip balms that are light in texture, and provide a bit of a tint and gloss. The scent is unusual and, in my opinion, fantastic, and the tin is adorable (if a bit hard to open).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

yes,absolutely yes that I would definetely buying this product AGAIN!
any kind of products with Petroleum base used to put me off..yuck!
but this is different!,I like it better than the original Smith's rosebud(still I love them both).it makes my super dried and sensitive lips moist and healthy,and it even add a little colour to my lips!I love the minty and rosey smell.another plus is that it can heal itching,irritation,redness,burns etc..Fantastic!

PS,I'm a junkie of retro tins..so it add the extra pluses!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by INEM

It's exacty the same thing as the original salve, except this one contains tingly peppermint which I can feel on my lips probably for 5 seconds! When I bought this product, I was hoping that the slight pinkish hue will add a bit of colour to my lips. Turned out it doesn't happen. As they sell this product more expensive than the original salve in Melbourne, I wish I had sticked to the original Smith's Rosebud salve.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:39:00 AM More reviews by redhearts

i adore this balm. it's just as moisturizing and healing as the strawberry & original balms, but with a little extra punch. the mint definitely gives your lip a little tingle and it provides a great light lip color tint. it's slightly stickier than the other two, but still alright to wipe off excess on yourself for moisturizing (great for dry fingers or cuticles!) rosebud salves are the best balms i've found!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by rhurrell

i LOVE this balm, its my favorite, although i am intrigued by the Brambleberry one... i havent seen it newhere... but neways this is a nice subtle mint and rose, and it gives a sheer reddish color and gloss to my lips.. ive been using the same tin for a year or so now and i still have alot left! it is def. my go to lip treatment whenever my lips or dry or just need a little color. i hope they never discontinue this!! and the mint is this is nice because it freshens ur breath! LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by kyang

I always have this in my purse!This is the only thing that does not dry my lips out. I tried the C.O. Bigelow salve but that one still doesn't do this justice. The bright red turns into a really pretty light tint on my lips. Plus I love mint-flavored things so I was really excited when they finally came out with this.The only downside is the packaging...I don't like dipping my finger into the goop. But I figure it's so thick it would be hard to package into a tube or something else