Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 7/7/2008 9:35:00 PM

I like the original Rosebud Salve and the strawberry version, but I have to say this was one of the worst lip balms I have ever tried. I love how it tinted my lips, but I hate the high concentration of peppermint oil or whatever ingredient that destroys this product. This dried out my lips and made them more chapped than before I put it on. I highly discourage people from purchasing this product.

on 6/28/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in my bag, my dresser, and some in the fridge (long story). I really love this stuff - especially the color. I'm always looking for sheer red tint and this is just perfect. It feels like gel, goes on minty and cold, and moisturizes quite well but not as well as my Neutrogena lip balm. But that one doesn't have color so I prefer this instead. Definitely will repurchase.

on 6/17/2008 11:52:00 AM

I love the scent and packaging of this stuff, but not so much the product. It smells great and feels good, however once on, it has that petroleum-like smell/taste that is not pleasant. It also has no flavor except for petroleum jelly. Yuck. I didn't notice any tingling at all from the mint. In the future I'll stay with Burt's Beeswax, my HG.

on 6/16/2008 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite of the Smith's Rosebud Salves (I've tried original and strawberry, too). The texture is a little goopy, and it tends to melt easily. The scent is really mild and the mint feels great- nice and tingly without being too intense (like lip venom- ouch!). It also has a faint reddish tint on my lips. I wish the packaging was a stick or tube so I didn't have to use my hands, but otherwise I love this stuff and will definitely buy it again. The tin lasts a long time, too.

on 6/9/2008 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this product since I see it on so many must-have lists, and the little tin is very cute and retro. But I couldn't figure out why I kept putting it in the drawer and using something else. Then I read that it contains borax. (I checked on several websites to be sure.) That explains it - borax is used in small amount as an emulsifier - it helps oil-based and water-based ingredients to mix together smoothly. But borax is also a desiccant. That means it is a drying agent. Now, there is probably only a tiny amount in the tin, but still, I don't want a drying agent in my lip moisturizer.

on 5/31/2008 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the texture, scent, and tingle of this product, but I hate how red it makes my lips. I wasn't expecting it to be so tinted; it's almost like a brighter version of BeneTint. My lips are already deeply pigmented and don't need the extra colour, and against my pale skin I feel like this makes me look clownish. I wouldn't buy it again myself, but I would recommend it to someone who likes minty lip balms that are light in texture, and provide a bit of a tint and gloss. The scent is unusual and, in my opinion, fantastic, and the tin is adorable (if a bit hard to open).

on 5/15/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

yes,absolutely yes that I would definetely buying this product AGAIN!
any kind of products with Petroleum base used to put me off..yuck!
but this is different!,I like it better than the original Smith's rosebud(still I love them both).it makes my super dried and sensitive lips moist and healthy,and it even add a little colour to my lips!I love the minty and rosey smell.another plus is that it can heal itching,irritation,redness,burns etc..Fantastic!

PS,I'm a junkie of retro tins..so it add the extra pluses!!

on 5/12/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's exacty the same thing as the original salve, except this one contains tingly peppermint which I can feel on my lips probably for 5 seconds! When I bought this product, I was hoping that the slight pinkish hue will add a bit of colour to my lips. Turned out it doesn't happen. As they sell this product more expensive than the original salve in Melbourne, I wish I had sticked to the original Smith's Rosebud salve.

on 4/25/2008 3:39:00 AM

i adore this balm. it's just as moisturizing and healing as the strawberry & original balms, but with a little extra punch. the mint definitely gives your lip a little tingle and it provides a great light lip color tint. it's slightly stickier than the other two, but still alright to wipe off excess on yourself for moisturizing (great for dry fingers or cuticles!) rosebud salves are the best balms i've found!

on 4/21/2008 3:53:00 PM

i LOVE this balm, its my favorite, although i am intrigued by the Brambleberry one... i havent seen it newhere... but neways this is a nice subtle mint and rose, and it gives a sheer reddish color and gloss to my lips.. ive been using the same tin for a year or so now and i still have alot left! it is def. my go to lip treatment whenever my lips or dry or just need a little color. i hope they never discontinue this!! and the mint is this is nice because it freshens ur breath! LOVE

Popular Lip Treatments