November 27, 2014 | 1608 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have gone officialy insane !! I have never spend this kind of money before on a Foundation but it's woth it. It's very easy to use as long as you have your eyes close and you spray it all over the face at 10 cms. or else it will cake !! (I bought OP-4)

Usually the foundationes I used before t were orangy and felt a bit greasy , cakey and Orange, this one is just FLAWLESS (Laura Mercier needs 5 or 6 products to acheive this finish !!) . I didn't have the need to touch up anything during the whole day and if I want a perfect finish I use it on top of a By Terry Foundation and Viola it does not get better than this ! ! I

What a difference ! It feels perfect. almost like I had plastic surgery !! It freaked me out !! I am not used to this kind of High Tech Foundations,... this is a Rolls Royce and the future although I felt I didn't have the control over it as much as I did while using Liquid Foundations

It is expensive but you get for what you pay and in this case I swear it's incredible,... This one does not compare to anything , it feels fantastic on the skin, I previouly used the Concealer and the Blush for a spray on look and it blends beautifully and left the Mascara and the Lipstick for the final touch,,,,Oh and it's true, you can use it wearing a white shirt and it won't go near it, or the hair, it goes just on the skin (marvelous!!)

in UK this is what is available:

0P1 - Light Golden Tone (Light)
0P3 - Golden Tone (Medium)
BP4 - Rosy Tone (Medium)
BR6 - Neutral (Dark).

....................................................................................

(RE: MAC NC 35 / Chanel Beige / Laura Mercier Sand / Chantecaille Tan . / By Terry Vanilla Light Number 5 ./ SKII OP-4

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is seriously the most amazing makeup product ever. Oh wow. It has seriously changed my life. I no longer have to worry about taking the time to applying powder/tinted moisturizer in the morning. I have this foundation in OC-3, and it's a pretty good match for my golden/fair skintone. Most of the color choices for this foundation, however, tend to be on the light side. So, I would mainly recommend this for people of medium to lighter skin tones.

This foundation comes in a circular, compact red applicator that is very sleek, but rather bulky. There is definitely a time period of trial and error because you have to hold the applicator at a certain distance (around 5 inches) away from your face, or the foundation will end up looking heavy, which is difficult since you have your eyes closed. Once you've mastered the distance, everything else is a breeze. All you have to do is hold the button (you'll know it's on because it will flash green) and glide the noozle of the applicator along the contours off your face. The applicator will disperse a light mist of foundation, which you should be able to feel. Don't worry too much about the mist, though, since the ions in the foundation are only attracted to your skin, not your clothes or hair (or peach fuzz, for that matter). Glide the applicator across for around 15 seconds and wait for it to dry. If you need more coverage, then go over your face more times. I would recommend that you only apply the foundation when your skin is dry (or your moisturizer has completely set in) because if your moisturizer hasn't set, it will take your foundation more time to set, which will ruin the seamless finish. Thus, don't touch your face in any way when the foundation is still wet!

Although the foundation looks really natural, the coverage is rather average, so you have to have pretty clear skin to use this. In order to cover large blemishes, you have to go over a certain area longer, which makes this look like any other foundation. On the other hand, this foundation has fantastic staying power. I've worn it for 48+ hours, and the foundation didn't budge at all. Plus, I've had the foundation on while I was outside jogging (I forgot that I had applied it earlier), and the sweat didn't even mess up the makeup. I've even slept with this foundation on (usually not recommended with makeup) and when I woke up, the foundation was still in place and looking natural. Even rain can't ruin your makeup! So, you don't have the bring the applicator around for touch-ups during the day because it is unnecessary (unless you're going swimming, or something). But, I would love to see the faces on my friends when they freshen up their makeup in the restroom with their powder compacts and small concealer tubes, while I whip the bright red applicator out of my purse. :)

Aside from its hefty sprice tag (US$150 for one refill with the applicator), I love, love, love this foundation. It is really light, and it feels like I don't have any foundation on at all. It erases all your pores and helps uneven skin tone. It also never oxidizes, so you never get the dreaded orange look. Also, I've never broken out from this. In fact, I think that it's been helping my skin because I no longer have to wear the heavy powders/tinted moisturizers. Furthermore, the foundation never gets on your clothing because the ion technology is attracted to the moisture in your skin, not your clothing material. So, this foundation is white shirt friendly! I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a natural look or anyone who doesn't want spending a lot of time applying foundation in the morning. HG!

(***Click Continued for stock pictures***)
continued >>

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this product!! The look which gives you just can’t be compared to any other foundation. My skin OMG so soft so nice so clean so radiant. I don’t think I ever will buy any other make up.
I am MAC 15-20 and I first get this in color OC 1 and the strange thing is that is OK for me but I like a bit sun kiss on my face so I order it in BE-2 and is just the perfect color. I apply 60 sec and my faces have quite nice cover.
Well I can’t tell yet if break me out because I didn’t use it that long but I will update
UPDATE/ my skin is possible the worst in the planet if you check my reviews you will see that lots products break me out nearly ALL.
This foundation is just amazing after the amazing look i get after apply now i discover that this DON'T break me out either. Not single spot or any kind of problems to my skin. The other thing i find out is that this doesn’t need retouch. I apply early in the morning and by late night my face still looks fresh and radiant. I am combo and this doesn’t make me oily even opposite my skin look mate.
Well price is MAD but the $$$ i spend on other make up searching all the time the ONE i think I am more than happy to pay for this from spending days and $$$ for searching all the time new products which are good for the skin…not break me out…control the oil...give a radiant look…I just find all this in SK II Air Touché.

UPDATE / I find out that this foundation cover not much.So what i do when my skin need cover more that SK II give , i use under that Blemish Balm from Dr.Shcrammek / which is very light neutral color and cover all rednesses and spots.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by gretagirluy

I just got this a few weeks ago, and have only been using it for special occasions only. So far, I'm liking the prodcut very much! SK-II Airtouch really delivers a smooth, lightweight base for my oily and acne prone skin. I have old zit scars that have smoothened out (but not miraculously disappear), which is good for me, cuz it still looks my real skin, but only better. I look glowing and not like I have a mask on. On one night out, a friend of mine noticed my smoother skin, I had to tell her it was because of SK-II. She never thought it was foundation! SK-II is really different from the rest of the foundations I've used. I've pictures to prove it!!

The only con here is the price. However, I've tried tons of foundations in every price range possible and none of them hasn't given me what SK-II was able to do. I've glowing, radiant and smooth skin without the color oxidation, the heavy feel and skin irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 1:41:00 AM More reviews by larke28

This thing is amazing!! I heard all the hype and was skeptical about an at home makeup that's essentially airbrush. I ran out of my regular LM stick foundation and went to get it refilled, but wandered over to visit the SKII counter and the SA showed me this little gadget and how to use it. It feels like a gentle breeze on the face and gave my face a "glow" it's never had before, and i'm not talking about my oily T-zone! My pores are hidden, my face is luminous, and it doesn't look like i have on any makeup at all! If you want more coverage, the SA suggests using your regular foundation and then using a light layer of this on top. I use my LM as a concealer for my uneven spots and then use the SKII airtouch on top, once it dries i blot with tissue, a little blush on the cheeks and i'm done! My friends thought something was different about me and have not quite caught on yet but noted that I look "happier!" expensive? heck yes!! but for the beautiful skin it appears to give me and the confidence to show it off, it's money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by wawagugugaga

I found SK II Air Touch foundation an absolute innovative product that actually delivers what it claims to be. This little small machine is brilliant!! This product came out more than a year ago. When I first read about it I was curious but was put off by the high price tag. Finally I decided to try it out and see if it really lives up to the hype. The SA in Bloomingdale’s 59th Street NYC was very helpful. She did a demonstration on the back of my hand and on one side of my face. I can see the difference right away. The machine does such a wonderful job spraying out the finest mist evenly on skin (it is way superior than MAC’s Studio Mist Foundation & Dior’s AirFlash Foundation ; these aerosol spray cans are awful, very uneven). The SA did a very good demo and I had to buy it!
The texture is very light weight and traceless. It takes a few minutes to dry though. But once it’s dry, the skin is smooth, translucent (Translucent! I’ve wanted translucent skin my whole life!) and dewy (but definitely not greasy). It minimizes the pores, evens out skin tone and brightens the complexion. The effect is very natural; it truly feels like second skin.
I’m also amaze at the oil-controlling effect. My t-zone usually gets greasy within one hour after I applied foundation. SK II Air Touch keeps my t-zone shine-free for hours.
This foundation has only light coverage. If you have a lot to cover, this is probably not for you. I do need to apply under-eye concealer after I spray this.
Color selection could be a problem since there are only 4 shades available in the US. I purchased OP3 which matches me pretty well. I heard there are more color choices in Japan…too bad for us.
This is $$ well spent. Of course I wish this foundation is not so expensive. But honestly I am so happy with the result, I think it is worth every penny.
My favorite foundations before Air Touch were La Prairie Caviar Treatment Foundation (also pricy, at US$165), Laura Mercier Oil-Free Stick Foundation & Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Brush Foundation. Now SK II no doubt replaces them as my HG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Nixxi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in Bloomingdales and the SA was sooo helpful she demonstrated the product on both me and my mother and we both saw a difference compared to how we looked like before. I purchased the machine and an extra pack of refills then and there because I looked great. I love how you can apply it without worrying about getting it in your hair or on your clothes. It doesn't accentuate the fine hairs on my face as it is attracted to skin only. It's so clever definitely HG for me! Once you purchase the machine (which comes with 1 pouch of foundation) it's about $80 for a pack of 2 refills there after which is only a little more expensive than other high-end foundations as you get 2, it's just making that initial splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by GirlyClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm very impressed with this foundation. It goes on so easily - I literally just have to spray it over my entire face for about 30-60 seconds. It is nearly invisible on too. I love the glow I get from it. It's definitely not matte but I don't find it shiny. I find it somewhere in between I guess. And I have combination skin. I've found one packet to last quite a long time so far but I don't know how long they will last. I wish it were a little less expensive but really it's not more then other foundations if it lasts awhile. I normally buy Laura Mercier or Jane Iredale so I guess it's comparable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a superb foundation however I do wish that they would formulate a matte version of this. I have to wear high factor sun protection and even the least greasy ones still leave my skin looking shiny. The last thing I need is more moisture and the need to keep on blotting thus spoiling the beautiful airbrush effect. Hey SKII if you're reading this, don't forget us oily girls! I've also discovered that you can probably get away with buying darker shades as it is so sheer and the pale shades can leave you looking a little washed out.

Eagerly awaiting the matte version! Until then I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by hollygolightlyyyyyy

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great, lightweight, easy application evens out texture and skintone, DOESN'T RUB OFF ON CLOTHES, always matches your skin, doesn't get on your clothes or hair no matter how hard you try. Not moisterizing, or makes your skin look dewy, but if you want light buildable coverage, a tinted moisterizer like feelign without the rub off, this is for you.

only downslide is waiting for it to dry and the price

the most natural looking foundation i've used.

i've ALWAYS needed a full face of makeup for me to feel comfortable for leaving the house, even to the pool, not with this, i find myself thsi week bumbling into class, with just a light touch of this, nars albatross and outlaw blush, and a touch of nars or chanel gloss. I don't even use mascara or punch out my eyes, which was essential for me to leave my house. it makes me comfortablein my own skin.