Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

3.8

These smell great and taste great. i bought 2 of them, in "i want candy" which is a light pink no shimmer/glitter but it went on as a clear lipgloss. i also bought the blue mint one in "spearminty" which is a pretty sparkly clear gloss. the price is 7 bucks which is a moderate price, however, i would like them to be cheaper for their lack of quality. they are sticky which is good cuz they last longer. however, they contain mineral oil and they slide around my lips clogging up the pores around my lips so no good.

on 6/30/2009 7:07:00 PM

Im a gloss addict. Some of my other favorites are the C.O. Bigelow glosses from bath and body works. I Want Candy was my first BeautyRush gloss, and its a sheer light pink without sparkle. I just went to the semi annual sale and they were 6 for $20...but they did not have that one...or sold out :(. These glosses are a tad stickier than Im used to. My hair gets stuck on my lips when the wind blows. I hate that. In my opinion it doesnt last long either but what gloss really does. If you like super high shine all the time it would need to be reapplied often anyways. Most of the colors are very sheer so if you want the color you see in the tube its a good idea to put a matching lipstick underneath. Most of them smell great, others like Berry Vanilla, which i was expecting to be my favorite, smell like a chemical mess. Overall they are worth it, especially when they go on sale. Also most of them are super glittery if you like glitter.

on 6/29/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Their not amazing but their not terrible either. I like the different flavors and scents they have and their very glossy. The only thing is their SUPER sticky. But which lipgloss isn't? I always tell myself that their too sticky blah blah blah, but I still buy them. I probably have every single one. So I like them, just wish their didn't try and stick to eveything!

on 6/26/2009 3:53:00 AM

I really wanted to love these, as the shade selection is great, packaging is nice, and the scents are pretty good too. Unfortunately, the formula dries out my lips, and causes some redness/irritation if I use it in lieu of lip balm too often. I have the same issue with the Bigelow glosses from B&BW (those are even worse for me), so there must be a common ingredient that doesn't agree with my lips/skin.

on 6/19/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As far as lipglosses go, this is my favorite of the cheaper ones. It's slightly too sticky, but it gives a great all over sheen and the smell doesn't make me want to gag like a lot of lip glosses do (i.e. the ones at Bath and Body Works and Claires). I really love the colors and the flavor/smell of some of them are like heaven!

I would definitely buy these again. For those of you who are planning on buying them, I definitely would get them when they have the semi-annual sale, or get them in a bunch (5 for $25)

on 6/18/2009 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently just tried this because I bought this at the Semi-annual sale for $1.75. It's not that impressive and it's definitely not worth the full price which is $7. It's way too sticky and isn't very moisturizing. Even the CoverGirl lipglosses are better. You can find better lip glosses for a cheaper price such as various drugstore brands. It doesn't feel comfortable because it feels heavy and doesn't have a "light" consistency like other lip glosses. So for this I just apply a thin layer. It's not bad for $1.75 though.

on 5/27/2009 6:31:00 PM

I like these glosses. They have some color, but not too much. They are a little sticky, but I think that might be what keeps it on your lips (maybe not..just a thought). Anyway, I think they are very pretty, and I will def. repurchase and try other ones once I use down my current supply.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

these lip glosses are so nice super shiney and they actually make my lips look bigger like i am using my expenive lip fusion

I like these lip glosses! Flavors were great.
Love the Red delicious lipgloss!
The texture was good, but you have to reapply it every 2 hours or so.

on 5/12/2009 3:17:00 PM

I work at VS and I've tried about every single one and I don't really like them. They are a little too sticky and glittery. They do come in fun flavors but all that does is make me want to keep licking my lips which in turn makes them drier. They don't last very long and I think they're overpriced.

Recommended for Medium Skin