October 22, 2014 | 1213 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by katerspie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is, hands-down, my favorite eyeliner in existence (never mind favorite liquid liner, for me it beats them all). I have tried loads of liquid liners, gel liners, the ones with little felt-tips, and not one of them comes close to liquidlast. It does not budge all day, which is exactly what I'm looking for, doesn't smudge up and leave residue on my undereyes/face.

That said, it is a task to remove it, but armed with the proper tools it's almost a breeze. I just swipe on some A&D ointment, or Vaseline but I prefer the former, and let it sit for a few minutes. After that, it wipes off neatly.

I despise the container. I really hate the brush, and never use it. Instead I use either a MAC 266 or comparable brush, depending on the kind of line I'd like. The downside is getting the liner onto the brush isn't the easiest, but it works.

I wear almost nothing else, and can't recommend this liner enough!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is the blackest black liner on the market. A tad trickier to apply than the normal felt-tip liquid liners, but it grows on you after a little practice. This goes on as a thick liquid and it is absolutely FORBIDDEN to blink or raise your eyes in any direction while it's still wet, because it is guaranteed to transfer to your lid/browbone, and it will stay there till the end of time. Once it's on, there's no getting it off. No space for mistakes with this one - you really need to get the hang of applying it before actually using it for a proper look. Once it's dry, it looks sort of alien on your lid, it doesn't feel like paint or stain or any other familiar form of face color. It looks more like a thin stripe of shiny new ashpalt, or some sort of glossy black mud from hell. Believe it or not, I mean well when using these terms, it's actually quite an accomplishment for a product to look so interesting, compact and unmovable from your skin. Now that last bit, you'll find to be an issue. Say you apply it perfectly and enjoy it all night long, and the next day, and the day after (yes it won't smudge at all) - how do you get it off? Well, good luck with that. It does not come off. It litterally sticks to your skin and holds onto it for dear life; unless you have a really oil-enforced cleanser that will eventually manage to break it down and remove it, your eyes will suffer a great ordeal. This liner is unforgiving and indestructible. That said, the decision is up to you. I would personally opt out of it since it's the least handy product to use, despite its incomparable performance.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This liquid liner has the absolute best staying power I have ever come across. I gave this a go after seeing tons of rave reviews about this product and I'm glad I did. It is definately waterproof and smudgeproof, I can swim, have showers and even sleep in this eyeliner without worrying about it smearing down my face. the only slight problem I have with it is that the thick consistency makes it a little difficult to apply but with practice, it is fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is by far the most waterproof liner I have ever tried! Which is a good thing since my eyes water soo easily that buying non-waterproof liners is just a waste of my money. It's my HG liner.
It takes a while to get a good technique with the brush and the amount of product you have on at first but once you have managed this you are granted with a solid black color and a line that can be anything from very thin to very thick. It takes a bit time to dry but I'm willing to be very patient for a product with such good lasting power.
Will def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This definitely has the BEST staying-power out of any eye liner I have ever tried!!! The rich black color is so beautiful too. I did find the liquid to be a bit clumpy coming out of the bottle, so you need to wipe some off on the rim. It is also a little tricky to apply at first, you definitely need a steady hand.
A lot of people have complained at how hard it is to remove this stuff-- but I find dipping a Q-tip in Jojoba oil removes the eye liner very easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The brush is hard to get used to, but once you do (it takes a lot of practice) this liner is the BEST. It does not budge! My eyes sometimes water, so other liquid liners sometimes run, but this stays put. It even stays put in water. Removes easily with any makeup remover that can be used for waterproof mascara... I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by RubyRose99

This is the only liquid eyeliner i ever use! i searched for months for a liquid liner that didn't budge, and here it is. the only complaint i have can be overcome, and has not stopped me from wearing this almost everyday and re-purchasing the liner time and time again. it's the brush- it was very difficult for me to get used to in the beginning, involved me scrubbing out lines in the mirror for 20 mins each morning. but, now that i've nailed it, it's quick, stays put all day, and i find most other eyeliner brushes easy to weild (when doing eyeliner away from home etc.).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lealovesmakeup

this is the most AMAZING makeup product i have ever used!!!! i hope mac dont phase it out! my life shall be over!!!

Doesnt budge unless you use an oil based make up remover! I have tried almost every well know liquid eye liner invented, from the cheapest to the most expensive! I love the aplicator and little handy bottle!

I agree that the product does tend to go a little gooey a few weeks after purchase, but for me this isnt worth complaining about!!

I actually use the liner for my inner rim aswell (where you'd usually use a kohl liner).... this might sound weird but it works and doesnt budge all day!!!!! i literally put it on at 8am and its still there by 8pm!! i have used many liquid liners and when they have gotten into my eye they sting... bad, but this product doesnt. it will get into your eye if you use it for the same purpose but if you gently wipe it away it just leaves the eye straight away with no irritation! No pencil liners stay on my eye for longer than 10 mins, and by the end of the night/day they have smudged everywhere!! - if you wear contacts like me than id put them in after this when u have made sure that all the black particles have left the eye. its trial and error! youll get used to it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nikki172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst liquid eyeliner I have ever used. For 89 Qatar Riyals = 24 USD (all MAC products are marked up in the middle east) I expected alot more from it. The eyeliner is goopy and I found the brush incredibly difficult to handle. I've used liquid eyeliners for years and usually find them fairly easy to apply, except with this one. However, with this product you want to apply with caution as once it's on it does NOT come off. I've already returned the product back to MAC.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This liner did not work for me. The brush is flat and thick-- impossible to get a fine pointy line. It was thick and goopy and impossible to apply smoothly. After about a month it dried out so much that it was just clumps and I had to throw it out (recycle it at MAC).