April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Deodorants - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the last reviewer, I was also allergic to this. I have no idea why,it's supposed to be all natural but I suppose that doesn't matter, you can be allergic to something natural. My underarms were raw meat after one day's use!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by miss_selfridge

I was really excited about this product as it's all natural and doesn't contain any aluminium but I shouldn't have been for two reasons. No. 1: It does nothing to prevent sweating, neither the smell nor the moisture. It actuallt made me sweat more! No. 2: It made my armpits all red and itchy after a few days. The itch was so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night from itching. I don't even have sensitive skin or any allergies. Luckily it went away after I stopped using it. Try to get a sample or borrow someones before you buy to see if it works for you or not so you won't waste any money and will be left with a deodorant you can't use in your bathroom cabinet.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm only giving this a 2 instead of a one because it doesn't contain all those toxic chemicals that most other deodorants have. That being said, if you have any problems with sweating or odor; this probably isn't going to work for you. If you're one of those annoying people who never sweats and rarely stinks, have at it! Here's a tip for those complaining of the crystal itself smelling like BO: Fill a small spray bottle with rubbing alcohol (or you could try 1/2 water, half alcohol), and use that to wet the crystal. It will kill any bacteria on it. I also gave it a spray after using it too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did absolutely nothing for me - in fact it seemed to make me smell worse! As someone else noted, when I dampened the stick, the crystal itself stank of B.O.! Did nothing for odour control & at 6 for a deodorant I'll never use it was a total waste of money :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Daisy1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am forever a skeptic and really didn't think this would work but hubby was buying groceries one day so I thought what the heck, it's his dime if it doesn't work. Well I've been proven wrong, this stuff really does work. I put it on in the morning after I get out of the shower while i'm still wet and work it around until it dries up, I put on a lot. At the end of the day, there is no trace of pit stink at all. Now it does nothing to fight wetness but I don't have a huge issue with that and I've never found anything that stops wetness completely anyway and it doesn't claim to be an antipersperant so no lippies off for that. One lippie off for the fact that if it does fail, it fails hard and you are left with some majorly stinky pits but that has only happened when I failed to put it on properly. I will repurchase if I ever run out, this thing is going to last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:11:00 AM More reviews by sselougha

Touch wood this deo never stops working for me. I have the kind of armpits that have made me go home and change in the middle of a working day. All chemical deos usually work for a couple of weeks then I have to resort to having to find a new one so I've tried pretty much every deo out there until I found dove which seemed a winner, but not perfect since I could still smell a whiff at the end of the day. At one point I did try a crystal spay which seemed pretty decent but again stopped working one horrible day. I was hestitant to try this because of what happened but glad I did. Currently using the travel size just incase I wasnt happy and wouldnt feel too bad if I chucked it. I use this at night straight after coming out of a shower whilst I'm wet, I wet the stick, rub till it dry or I think its enough. I dont smell anything for two day, I pretty sure I could get away for longer than that. Amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Crystal stick is a deodorant made from natural alum salts (if you're worried about the aluminum in regular deo getting in your pores, this stuff contains aluminum molecules TOO large to pass through, therefore making it safe)

This stuff works well when I paired it with Certain Dri, I had dry, non smelling pits. As if I never sweat or emanated b/o in my entire life. But to get it to work this way, you need PATIENCE. You need to either wet the rock OR your underarm till its soaked. Then rub this product in all over until your pits are dry. This could take about 2 minutes more or less per underarm. I would use it only after a shower b/c the rock tends to pick up scent. eww.

A little advice, the crystal may have jagged edges so I usually fire those down with a nail file.

The only reason I gave this 4 lippies and would not buy again is because I got sick of taking 4 minutes to put on deodorant every morning. But if you have that kind of patience and are looking for a natural alternative to deodorant, or want a deodorant that will NEVER stain clothes and is free oils, waxes, etc this is a perfect choice. I went back to using regular deo (Degree) though b/c I don't worry about sweat anymore (Certain Dri!!)

Of course, I used this with Certain Dri at night (a sweat preventing antiperspirant), so my pits were bone dry. If you use this by itself, you'll still sweat, but won't stink!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by SarahBeara87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this "Crystal Body Deodorant Stick" an overall rating of a 4 due to the nature of this product. It is a crystal complied of mineral salts, which do shatter if dropped. It is a deodorant not a anti-perspirant so depending on your sweat glands you will sweat but that is a good thing, sweat keeps your body cool.
-When I was younger I would use the typical deodorant/antiperspirant ranging from Dove, Arrid, Secret, I admit even my brothers. These deodorants do work but for a period of hours or they would be working great for a couple weeks and then I would be back to square one searching for another promising deodorant.
-I do suffer from moderate under arm odor but, the crystal has given me back my confidence.
-My mom has been using and recommending this crystal deodorant for years since I can remember. At that time I just had this perception that this huge piece of marble looking salt would do nothing for me, boy was I wrong.
-There are many brands and forms of this crystal ranging from spray, roll-on, to crystal. If you decide to pick this up I would recommend the crystal you get your bang for your buck and it works 10 times better than the other ones.
-Directions for application wet crystal and underarms slightly, rub crystal over area and let dry. CAUTION be careful if you have sensitive or shaved skin due to the nature of the product it is basically a special form of salt. In my opinion the feeling sort of reminds me like when you go to the ocean with shaved legs.
-The packaging isn't very good it comes in a typical deodorant case that clicks. BEWARE though eventually with use the crystal will loosen from the case, which is no problem for I actually perfer it without the deodorant case. Just beware that if it falls it will either chip or shatter depending on the fall.
-AWAYS keep it dry when your not using the crystal!!!! -I would defitely buy this product again and have been doing so for nearly 4 years.
-The crystal will last a long time with regular usuage about a year or to two. Besides It doesn't stain clothes, and there is no scent. As well as I understand that you can use it for your feet if you suffer from odor.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dearsinlee1

Really wanted this to work, applied to clean skin right after the shower but within hours it didn't seem to work anymore, and in the summer this stuff was worthless. I even purchased the matching spray and kept it in my purse for "touch ups" but to no avail. This stuff could last for a year so great concept, only it doesn't work. FYI, I do not have super strength BO & am vegetarian.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by auroragan

I've been using this product for years.This is the product for you if you have smelly pits.Chemical deodorant does not help me at all. When i start sweating, i will usually stink people within 30 radius from me. The crystal has kept me safe from embarrasing myself ever again. I still sweat but i'm fine with sweating as long as i dont smell. The only time this product does not work is when im on a long plane flight. I think its only because my pits are kept close to my body without any air flow.