August 21, 2014 | 1849 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRVEEEEEEEEEEEE coconut oil for SO MANY THINGS!!!!!! I use it to remove makeup. No makeup resists it not even thick eyeliner or waterproof makeup and it leaves your face so clean and fresh. I dunk my hair in it, twice a week, leave it on for minimum 2 hours (more if possible) then shampoo and condition. I do have to shampoo twice as I use sulfate-free shampoo bars. It has made my thick, coarse, dry hair sooooooooooo soft, shiny, silky, bouncy, thick, strong, and healthy, and it makes the curls tight and well-defined even while at the same time they are soft and bouncy. I also use it as a facial moisturiser, in fact at the moment I only use extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil as facial moisturisers, every night I use one of them. I haven't used creams or chemical cleansers for the past 9 years, only handmade natural soap. My routine is to rub in some coconut oil to remove makeup, or if I didn't use makeup that day the oil removes dirt, then I wash with natural soap and then moisturise using either coconut oil or olive oil. That's all I do. It never breaks me out, but I'm not break-out prone, in fact I stopped having break-outs when I stopped using chemicals. So if you are having break-outs and acne, I do recommend you try ditching all the chemicals and cleanse using only natural products. Not all products are good for everyone as every skin type is different, I recommend you do some research and experiment to see what natural products work for you. If coconut oil breaks you out you might try grapeseed, jojoba or hazelnut oil, which are lighter and more astringent. For me coconut oil works like a charm!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

there are so many uses for EVCO but i never expected it to be this many!! 101?! seriously i've only tried 7 from the list! and i thought that was a lot! haha click the link to see the LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG list!

PS. im not affiliated with the site, i just found it really helpful for me and i thought it will be for you as well. :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

HG status right here! Glad I found this product based on the rave reviews here I purchased EVCO (Barleans organic cold-pressed) at my local health foods store. I'm astounded at the dozens of uses and natural antibacterial properties this has and it's all natural :) below are ways I've used this miracle product!

Uses:
Take 1-3 tsp per day to increase energy, boost metabolism and fight candida(yeast infections)

Apply on bruises or cuts to speed healing time

Use as shaving cream to protect against ingrown hairs and cuts

Add to your styling routine- just the smallest bit smoothes my flyaways, too much will make hair greasy!

Mix it with your daily tea or coffee for a flavor and wellness boost--it's so good!

Remove waterproof makeup by rubbing it gently onto face/eyes, then wipe off with tissue and wash face

Since I began taking this product by the spoonful each day, my acne has miraculously subsided(knock on wood!) and the only thing I've changed in my regiment is adding coconut oil, so I attribute the clearing of my acne to the lauric acid contained in EVCO which works as an antibacterial. I'm in love with this stuff and never want to be without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by halfdusthalfdeity

I am a health coach and I read the reviewer who said that if you break out that means the product is working - NOT TRUE!! You could have an allergy to coconut oil!! If you have sensitive skin just try using a bit of it but if you break out in acne or hives, stop immediately!!

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by skincarenightmare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it to remove my make up by I smothering it all over my face and then using a face wipe. I also use it as a body moisturizer. Leaves the skin on my face and body feeling really soft. Love it!!! It is also good for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this on my hair as a mask and it has made my hair look and feel great. I suffer from dry scalp and after I dry my hair, I always get peeling skin right at my hairline, at the top of my forehead. It's so incredibly annoying. I dab just a little bit of coconut oil on the flaky spots and they behave all day. I am going to give some of this to my sister to use on my niece's eczema since I have heard it works wonders there too.
Just for fun I rubbed this on my arms and elbows and it worked as a great moisturizer with a little sheen, I can see myself using this on my legs during the summer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

MUA, you suggested it and now I'm hooked! I started by using a tiny bit on the dry ends of my hair, got brave enough to try it on my face and found out I'm one of the lucky ones it doesn't break out, though other things do (I tested by putting it on only one half of my face daily for a week), and now I'm eating the stuff! Love it for night before pre-shampoo hair masque, and I swear it even has made my wrinkles less obvious (yup, other people could see the difference and I used it on the more wrinkly half of my face around my eye). Love it, and will keep experimenting:)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

let me just say that THIS HAS CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE!!! I have moderate acne and oily skin on my Tzone. I break out every week or so. I've pretty much tried every over the counter acne treatment out there. From neutrogena wash, to clean and clear, and at least 15 different spot treatments. They all seemed to work decently at first, but after a while, they just didn't do anything to my pimples. So i researched some natural ways to treat acne, and I came up with a new (and very very cheap!) regimen: At night, I use neutrogena acne stress control scrub. I mix in a dab of coconut oil with the scrub, which leaves my face moisturized even after I rinse. Then, I use plain old lemon juice as a toner/astringent all over my face, applied with a cotton ball. Lastly, I smooth on a layer of coconut oil and go to bed. In the morning, I do the same thing but instead of putting the coconut oil all over my face after the lemon, I use Sukin moisturizer (its in MUA top picks!!) because its a better makeup base than oil. Hope this helps!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

virgin cold-pressed coconut oil (and coconut milk) works wonders for the hair. It stimulates hair growth, makes the hair strong and prevents graying. For me, coconut oil is the best oil for hair.
However, for my face (ultra-sensitive skin), this oil is too comedogenic. It clogs the pores on the forehead and nose. I don't think it nourishes the facial skin either.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A good coconut oil cleanser for face:
Small amount of coconut oil + a pinch of baking soda. Mix together in hand and massage into skin, rinse well with warm water. Leaves skin soft and glowing!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No