September 2, 2014 | 1763 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2002 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh Yes!!! This is my IDEAL vanilla scent! Smokey, spicy and sophisticated with none of the sweet, powdery drydown of most vanilla based scents. Some vanilla lovers my even find this to be a bit much. Vanilla Fields or Dark Vanilla, it ain't! This is some serious stuff. As with most L'Artisan scents, don't judge it until you've let it dry a bit. Beautifully complex and mysterious. This one screams to be worn on those intimate Fall/Winter evenings by the fireside with your S/O or Hubby! If you like Oriental fragrances you will probably love this one. I know I do!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2002 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You know, I barely smelled any vanilla in this. I think it smells alot closer to MPG Fleur de Comores than anything remotely vanilla... in fact, it's actually almost an exact replication of Comores, but, slightly sweeter. Since I am not a fan of the Comores, my ultimate impression of L'Artisan's Vanilla is that it is a rather forgettable fragrance. If you happen to like the scent, however, you are in for a treat as it is rather long lasting. Unfortunately, this was a bad thing in my case.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2002 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dana

I am on the fence about this one. While I do see how it could be great for layering, I found on its own it was a bit rubbery in smell. It is too uninteresting for me to wear as a single note.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2002 11:42:00 PM More reviews by montanagirl

I have to say, I was really excited to try this, but was sadly dissapointed. I tested it today and unfortunately on me it smelled like an old ashtray. YUCK!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2002 11:24:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

Had a nice smell but was almost nonexistant on me. Not sweet enough for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2002 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ncashen

Yet another wonderful fragrance I bought in a sample lot on Ebay. I love this complex, grown-up vanilla fragrance. It is soft and sophisicated. Definitely not like the CSP or L'Occitane vanillas. There is something that holds me back from running out and spending $90 for a bottle, though. I think it may remind me somehow of a cheap perfume I can't place. But that's totally subjective. I will keep wearing it till it's gone. I will also try layering it with CSP Vanilla Amber and Amour de Cacao to see how they balance, interact with one another. Too bad samples don't come in a spray. I find that spritzing my hair lightly makes my fragrances last longer and give me more of a subtle aura of the scent, which I catch more when I move around throughout the day. I feel that I could wear or layer this fragrance for just about any occasion. Beautiful. Funny how our sense of smell or smell "memories" can leave us with such strong feelings about the finest nuances of fragrances. That's the case for me here.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2002 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Stacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I wasn't sure. I don't particularly care for the top of the scent, but upon dry down, it's a lovely soft vanilla with a hint of spice. I tend to prefer sweeter vanillas (CSP, L'Occitane) but this is really nice for a little something different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2002 10:30:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

L'Artisan Vanilia. A sophisticated and decidely different vanilla. This is a good fragrance for you girls that really are not fond of fragrances. It is one of those you can wear very almost anytime and it's never overwhelming. It is nothing like most vanillas which I find nauseatingly sweet.This one contains the vanilla bean, the flower from the vanilla(which is really an orchid) and amber. This is a very nice vanilla based fragrance whether you love vanilla fragrances or not. The amber softens the sweetness of the vanilla & brings some warmth & depth to it, and the flower makes it a very distinctive. This one is not quite as long lasting as most of the L'Artisans which surprised me, because normally vanilla lasts forever on me. However, this is a wonderful one to layer with others and it is by far the best vanilla available to my nose. It is nothing like the syrupy, sweet CSP's. If you can't take vanilla because of their sweetness, get a sample of this one, you may change your mind, it is not your normal vanilla. Michelle Pfeiffer wears this one and it is her favorite according to her interview in In Style Magazine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2002 12:18:00 AM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love,love,love this fragrance. I can wear this any day even on those days when you feel you just can't handle much fragrance. L'Artisan Vanilia is a sophisticated and decidely different vanilla. This is a good fragrance for you girls that really are not fond of fragrances. It is one of those you can wear almost anytime and it's never overwhelming to you or others aroundyou. It is nothing like most vanillas which I find nauseatingly sweet.This one contains the vanilla bean, the flower from the vanilla(which is really an orchid) and amber. This is a very nice vanilla based fragrance whether you love vanilla fragrances or not. The amber softens the sweetness of the vanilla & brings some warmth & depth to it, and the flower makes it a very distinctive. This one is not quite as long lasting as most of the L'Artisans which surprised me, because normally vanilla lasts forever on me. I am more than happy to reapply this beauty late in the day. Also, this is a wonderful one to layer with others and it is by far the best vanilla available to my nose. It is nothing like the syrupy, sweet CSP's. If you can't take vanilla because of their sweetness, get a sample of this one, you may change your mind, it is not your normal vanilla. Michelle Pfeiffer wears this one and it is her favorite according to her interview in In Style Magazine. I would say she has excellant taste.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2002 11:15:00 AM More reviews by dara09

I think I'm the lone dissenter here.... I normally don't like Vanilla scents but was interested because L'Artisan vanilla is not supposed to be a 'foody' or overly sweet scent. That's true, it is smoky, slightly spicy and woody - not foody at all. I still don't like it, though. As with most perfumes, I don't like the drydown, too smoky and 'dry' for my taste. For some reason, it also smells like fake chemical vanilla scent to me. Bluegh, definitely not buying this one.