December 20, 2014 | 1318 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Black

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:31:00 AM More reviews by SugarCone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have tried many eyeliners that claim to be smudgeproof and budgeproof and this by far the best i have tried .my main problem with eyeliners used to be that by a few minutes after i put it on, it was already smudged and running around my eyes.smashbox is pretty good with that. it sometimes still runs slighlty in the outer corners of my eyes after ive had it on for a few hours but i can deal with it because overall, the lasting power is excellent. i also like the application, it looks similar to a liquid liner but without the hard application. i have also not had a problem with the product drying out and flaking, like others have...just tighten the cap! i wear this everyday and have had this for four months and and starting to run out...to give u an idea of how long it lasts...may try bobbi brown gel eyeliner next, just for fun and to see what all the hype is about, but would def go back to this one if i dont like that better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried MAC blacktrack fluid line and many other eyeliners. I wear contacts and in the winter my eyes water; this is the only one that does not smudge and that stays put when I line my inner rims.
For those who have it and it dried out, you need to put the cover on tight, but here is a little trick to bring it back to life. Just lightly spray the top on the product with water and then wipe it off. Tah dah ... back to being beautiful.

I wish it came in more colours other than brown and black. I loved the Navy blue limited edition colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Flaky, dried out mess! When I first received this I thought it was OK, but having tried other gel liners, I realilzed how bad this was at least on me. It is a mess to apply, and even after spending like 10 mins trying to get a decent application, the result was sub-par. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel liner that I've purchased and I really like it. I've been looking for a waterproof liner that has more definition. This never smudges, runs and gives me a great, defined line. I didn't purchase the usual looking eyeliner brush that is really wide and flat. I bought a brush from Ulta, their own brand, that has very small, short brisles. The brush is actually for shadow, I think for the crease area but I find this works better than the longer brisled eyeliner brush. It's easier to control. Anyways, I will definitely purchase this liner again.
UPDATE 3/19/09: I loved this gel liner in the beginning but for some reason as the months went by it started smudging under my eye. I was convinced it was my mascara and kept switching from different waterproof mascaras. Finally, I started thinking it was my liner and switched that. Sure enough, no smudges after that. It also started skipping and not creating a smooth line as it once did. I don't know what happened, after about 2 months, this liner turned to sh*t. I do have to say this stuff lasts forever though. I've had this since November of 2008, used it everyday and I barely made a dent. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ztirkazoid

This is my first-ever, black cream liner. I really like this eyeliner, and it was great that I got it half price at the time. My only gripe with this is that I wished that it didn't dry out too quickly. But perhaps that's because of its waterproof properties. I oftentimes put eye drops inside the pot to keep it moist. However the part I was most impressed by was its staying power. I went white water rafting with this on during the summer and it stayed put for most of the day! Now that's waterproof. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by nverno

This really is good stuff. You do not need to worry about meltdown with this. Stays on until you take it off like nothing else. Even stays on the waterline (inner rim) of your eye and does not irritate my sensitive eyes what-so-ever.

The only thing about it is that I can not get it to smudge. It dries too quickly, so it's only for making more of a defined line, not a really smudgy one. If you apply it and go back to do smudging, it kinda flakes off a little, I think this is because how long wearing the formula really is. Maybe if you're really good you can get it to smudge, but I can't. I suggest using a separate soft, waterproof pencil (like Make Up Forever's Aqua Eyes or Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil) for long wearing/waterproof smoky or smudgy looks, and then if you want to add a straight line of definition to your lashes or for the inner rim/waterline, use jetset over it after. It really gives your eyes lasting definition when applied close to the lash line.

Be careful to keep the cap shut so it doesn't dry out. I wish they made more colors because this stuff is good. It's also the only product that I can wear if I do a cat-eye, wing type of look, or tightline because everything else fades and melts down on me when I extend it past my lashes except Jetset. I have almond-shaped eyes that are slightly down-turned, and I have a hard time giving them a lift at the ends that looks even. I actually use Jetset with Laura Mercier's Smokey Eye brush (a pointy-tip) to get an even wing that doesn't look too made-up at all or smear all day. Great combo if you have trouble getting that look too, it makes it really easy. I use the sephora lip brush # 69 for getting just a good close line for definition or to make my lash-bed look fuller. It's perfect size, soft, easy to use, doesn't pull on your skin like some eye-liner brushes and it's only $9.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by krzizike

I live in South Florida (very humid), so I liked the idea that this was a waterproof eye-liner. When I received it, I was thrilled. I have never been able to put on liquid eye-liner very well, but I have always liked the look. Jet Set, with its unique application brush, gave me the look of liquid eye liner. I tried it on both my inner upper lid (as recommended) and on the top lid by my lashes. Unfortunately, in both places it flaked terribly. I wear contacts, so there is no way that I can wear it on the inner outside edge of my upper eye-lid and when I wear it on the top lid along my lash line, I end up with little black flakes all over my face within a couple of hours. The concept is great, it is just too bad that it does not stay on.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by girlinto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems like this product has reviews from people who really love it or really don't like it. I'm one of those that really love this product. I use it almost everyday and before I started using this, I was using Maybelline's waterproof liquid eyeliner. The nice thing about this Smashbox eyeliner is that you can smudge it a bit unlike a liquid eyeliner which goes on very boldly. I apply the eyeliner with Smashbox's #21 eyeliner brush which is recommended for this product. I find that it goes on very very smoothly and stays on forever. I've even slept with this stuff on and it still looked great in the morning (I don't recommend sleeping with make up on though-I just found myself in that predicament sometimes). I've cried with this stuff on too and it didn't run at all so it is very waterproof. For the ladies that had it dried out, I find that around 3 months into the product if you use it every day or so, it will start to dry out and you need to buy a new one at that point. The new pots apply very smoothly. I won't be giving up on this product anytime soon!

***UPDATE*** Okay, I read the bad reviews on here and saw that there were suggestions for MAC fluidline or L'Oreal HIP cream liner. My Smashbox cream liner was drying out and I needed another one so I decided to get the L'Oreal HIP cream liner since some ladies said that the colour is more intense than the MAC fluidline. Well, well, lets just say that I'm now addicted to the L'Oreal HIP cream liner. The brown one works perfect (you can read my review on it). I also bought the black one which is terrific but it's more intense than the black Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner; so I only use the black one at night. I highly recommend the L'Oreal product over this one because (1) it actually has more staying power when I tested it in running water (although the Smashbox one has always stayed on well for me) (2) when I curl my eyelashes after applying the Smashbox liner, some of the liner does transfer onto my eyelash curler but this is not the case with the L'Oreal HIP liner (3) the L'Oreal product is much creamier than the Smashbox one so I find it more smudgeable however it does set to dry in about one or two minutes (4) L'Oreal HIP liner was $15.99 CDN while the Smashbox one is $28 CDN.
So I won't be buying this Smashbox liner again. The only problem is trying to find the L'Oreal HIP liner in Toronto Canada. You can get it at the Shoppers Drug Mart at Yonge and College which is open 24 hours, but it took me like 4 or 5 different stores to discover this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xtinemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why everyone's been giving it such bad reviews, I love this stuff. It's not really all that stiff, it goes on smoothly and stays on all day, doesn't crease or smudge or get everywhere when I blink. By the end of the day it's still there, looking exactly the same as when I put it on earlier. It's not too dry, not as soft as other brands but I think that makes it easier to control how much gets on your brush and ensures that it stays on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by abercrombie856

First thing I saw this on QVC i wanted it. So i got it. I love this product. Its great for inside the botton eyelid and looks great! It makes your eyes POP like youve never seen before, especially if you have blue or green eyes. It also makes the whites of your eyes look whiter. It makes a great statement. The only con is that it dries really fast so its not that good for smudging, more for the defined look. Other wise, I love this product.