October 23, 2014 | 909 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by abuti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To me, this feels like silk! Absolutely amazing powder, and I am a loose powder junkie. I also bought the retractable brush and they are both total luxury. The products are pricey but I think well worth it if you can afford them. I would highly recommend this poweder if you're looking for the most luxurious, silky smooth powder that leaves your skin looking flawless. I will definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by moonchita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is exquisite- its as light as air. I've got the transluscent shade and when I put it on it really doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything its so lovely and light. The coverage is also really good and gives the best flawless finish of any powder I've ever tried before. The only problem with this powder is the ridiculous glass jar that it comes in- its huge, clunky and really heavy- totally impossible to fit into a small bag. Apparently La Mer are bringing this powder out in a compact soon so will definately repurchase once that happens. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 11:49:00 PM More reviews by runechan

I have the powder in creme and translucent. The powder are of high quality. Very soft and easy to blend. Translucent contains more shimmers and give very sheer finish. Creme will add a little bit of color on your complexions and contains fewer shimmers. Both add radiant to your complexionsThe drawback points are that the powder doesn't suit oily skin as it can't absorb oil. Also, the price is very high, $65 for 25 g and the compact is very too heavy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 5:53:00 AM More reviews by valngau

OK, OK .... one must be crazy to buy this product (it's over US$65) but its got to be the perfect loose powder. I've tried most major brands, Bobbi Brown, LeClerc, Mac, Laura Mercier & so on but La Mer takes the cake. Honestly, I don't buy in the "treatments" in this powder but oh my, the texture is super amazing, ultra fine & doesn't leave any color on my skin. After trying it on, my face doesn't look "made up" or cakey but dewy. So it's great to prep your skin after moisturiser & before makeup

I have combination skin (oily T-zone & dry cheeks) and upon application, it blots the shine but doesn't dry out my cheeks. Actually, after trying it on for the first time, my friend commented how natural but nice my face was. She had no idea what I used.

Pity the price is a bomb and while the jar looks great, it's too heavy ( lb?) for me to lug on my travels.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 6:02:00 AM More reviews by alexplot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Extremely fine powder. No need to repowder. Not drying at all. Beautiful finish. WHat else can you ask more? Don't fancy the packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by aieshxgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wasnt sure if I wanted to spend the $$ since La Mer is expensive but I bought this loose powder because I needed something that would get rid of excess oilies and shine after I was done with my makeup. This powder makes my skin so soft and flawless. I might buy the Nars one next time since its gotten good reviews and its cheaper, but this one is nice as well. I noticed my T-zone is less shiny after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, let me just say I was shocked to see how brown the translucent was in the jar. Shocked! It is very translucent, and even thou I applied barely nothing, it was far to yellow / dark for me. So I've taken off 1 lippie for that reason.

Product wise however, there is definitely NO SHIMMER visible on me. So those that have been scared off by the shimmer factor don't be.

Finish wise it is divine! Without doubt the most beautiful, creamy, fluffy [if that's even possible], luxe loose powder I've ever seen. All the reviews about it making your skin look airbrushed and hiding pores etc are right. Very, very kind to dry skin. Beautiful product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

This is a lovely, lovely face powder. Yes, it's mega expensive and it is definitely an indulgence so if you can afford it, go for it, otherwise, it IS a face powder. It's nicer than other face powders (probably the nicest I've ever used) and it has the silkiest, light as air texture I have ever seen in a face powder. I got translucent and it has the most beautiful sheen to it. There's tourmaline in it by the way but the first ingredient is Talc (like most face powders). It is beautiful over any foundation (I did not care for the La Mer foundation...has wheat germ in it which destroys my skin). The only complaint I have about it, other than the price is the heaviness of the jar. It is packaged in a HUGE glass jar which weighs like a pound (so not exactly something you can travel with). I have carpal tunnel syndrome that has migrated up to my elbow so my elbow actually hurts when I pick up the jar with that hand (shows how heavy it is). Anyway, other than that, it is a lovely powder!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Beautiful*!!! The particles in this powder are so amazingly fine. The powder glides on like air. Creates a flawless finish. Unlike other loose powders where you can actually see "powder" on the skin, this loose powder just looks like your skin is airbrushed and perfect. So beautiful! So expensive too, but the heavy glass container this comes in is H-U-G-E, so it should last a long, long time! I wanted to purchase this in Translucent, but it was sold out, so I purchased it in Creme (the lightest color shade) instead, and I love it! The color Creme is the same color as NARS "Flesh" Loose Powder (if that helps anyone with color selection). I am very happy with this purchase! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 5:06:00 AM More reviews by hipnycmom

I bought this in Natural (02) and wear it over my liquid foundation or the La Mer Fluid tint. It gives a nice finish, doesn't make me look cakey, flaky or dry. It also sets my foundation nicely and only adds to the effect. I'm pretty picky when it comes to loose powders. I have tried T. Le Clerc (Banane), Nars (Flesh) and Chanel (Translucent), to name a few. This would have to be the best one. I am Asian with light combination skin and yellow undertones. I like a clean and polished look but hate looking like my face was painted or air-brushed on. This helps create that "flawless" look without being heavy (you can still see your actual skin), and one application in the morning gives my make-up all-day staying power while keeping the shine away. The jar it comes in looks pretty and elegant but is huge and heavy - it feels like it weighs a ton! The screw-on lid is a good idea but I wish the container were a little less space-consuming and more portable. Despite the packaging, an overall great buy!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No