April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LAWools

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Becca line of cosmetics seems to stress that "less is more". If you need one of the primers, use it. If you don't, don't use it. If you have decent skin, you can get away with just the sheer tinted foundation, fine. But if you have areas that need extra help, use the stick foundation in those areas. Personally, I think it's a great line of cosmetics. I live in the Rocky Mountain west, high altitude, dry climate, spend lots of time outdoors, and in my 50's. I don't have oily skin, it's probably closer to "normal" and leans towards "dry" in the winter.I don't want a lot of coverage, just even out my skin tone and I love the fact there's such a high spf sunscreen in it, I don't have to use a separate sunscreen. When I use this tinted moisturizer/foundation I get compliments on how good my skin looks.My skin looks "dewy" and not matte (matte seems to really bring out the wrinkles and creases). I'll buy it know matter what the price, it works for me, and I'm still on the bottle of "nude" I bought a year ago.DON'T buy this if you want buildable coverage OR a foundation that covers any blemishes. That's the purpose of the stick foundation Becca offers.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by akao

I love Becca and I love this product. I also like that I can get a little bit of moisturizing in along with sun protection. Will keep buying.

The smell was a little overwhelming at first but I'm used to it now and don't think about it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lolak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product worked well for me in extremely humid tropical weather when I went on holiday recently and I am hooked. I do think that this is more of a tinted mopisturizer than a foundation as the coverage is very very sheer and just gives me enough color to even out any slight uneveness in skin tone. My sister tried this out and hated it, but she has oily skin and I think that this product is quite emollient, so it is probably best for those with normal skin types. It didn't make it me break out and the foundation comes in a hygenic pump. I don't know if it was just my bottle, but there wasn't an expiry date on the foundation and when it contains SPF, I usually want to know what the expiry date is, that's my only gripe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by julesforde

Great Product. My search for the perfect foundation ends here. It has lasted me nearly a year so, the price is definately worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by persa

So pretty!! Just beautiful lovely skin, not heavy. Great for just evening out the complexion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by valngau

OK, I'll have to say you'll either love or hate this product. For starters, I like it for its sheer coverage, slight shimmer finish, SPF 20, great packaging and beautiful range of natural colors. What I don't like about it is that it's expensive and I found it to be a little greasy for my combination skin, so I can only use this during the cooler/dry months which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It goes on very smoothly and with a sheer coverage. It's great to even out my skin tone and give it a bit of a glow. I'm super-pale, and this is one of very few foundations I've found that actually matches my skin tone (porcelain shade). It is pretty expensive ($40/tube), but I guess I'm fine spending that much on something that really works, instead of half that much for something that doesn't do as good of a job. The package is great--it's a sturdy plastic tube with two caps: a small plastic cap, then a larger metallic cap. I wouldn't worry about it spilling during travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 2:44:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a perfect product. I love the natural look and the giant color range. I can't wear liquid foundation because my skin is dry and it seems to show but with this tinted moisturiser I look naturally flawless. I think this is an easy, everyday staple item of HG status. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use Becca Sand and dust Becca Angel shimmer lightly powder over it (hitting my cheeks 1st just to be safe). I look healthy, vibrant and younger than I am. It even evens out my freckles. Feels good on, very weightless and has SPF 20 for good measure. I will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 8:29:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Good coverage for sheer foundation, or tinted moisturizer I guess depending on what you want to call it. It really does make skin luminous. It's flexible and forgiving too, I used it as an acne prone person and now as a dry person on accutane and I'm still in love with it. Used to use Chantecaille Future Skin and this is better imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 9:04:00 AM More reviews by gloaming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a huge sample of this from a super-nice swapper (color Nude).

I must say I'm suprised by its coverage and its long-lasting performances. I have acne-prone (only on cheecks&chin) ultra sensitive, reactive skin and this covers the redness really well even in my bad skin days, just pair it with a good concealer (LM Secret Camouflage/MUFE Full Cover) and the red post-acne marks will be forgotten...it has hydrating properties so that your skin will look glowy, not in the least shining, even in the t-zone! I always dust some T. Leclerc Banane powder on my forehead and chin to prevent that.

Coverage is pretty buildable, so a second layer over areas that need more coverage is not a problem here

I was actually afraid to find it all off in the evening but, to my surprise, it was still there, more natural than ever, didn't oxydize at all (another pet peeve of mine).. just as if it was my second skin. it even has SPF in it and that's a great thing too (don't count on it as far as sun protection goes though, I use LRP Dermo-Peds spray for that, and I also use a primer as to avoid ss-foundation contact).

Can't say much about the package as I only got 1 sample of it..but it sure is great like the pumps of the SKP. Although Nude in a good match for my skin tone (Chanel Beige, something between NC30-40) I'd want something warmer and less neutral..although LSC has a very dewy luminescence to it and MOST OF ALL it doesn't look like I have make up on, which is a nice plus for me, as I like a really natural look.hope it won't break me out, although it does contain potentially pore clogging ingredient!

Unfortunatly Becca is not sold in Italy..(booooo!) and they charge high shipping quotes on their website.. so I have to rely on swapping, Cp's or the occasional e-bay seller and be ready to shell the $$$ for good skin.