October 24, 2014 | 911 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What it is:

Luminous Skin Color SPF 20+

The Claim:

Luminous Skin Color is an ultra sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer that visibly improves the complexion, yet looks incredibly natural on the skin. It is multipurpose, offering skincare, makeup, and sun protection. It boasts a high SPF of 20+ that protects against over 96% of both UVA and UVB rays.

Price:

$40.00 each for 50 ml./ 1.7fl.oz. of product

Ingredients:

Toast:

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables), Glycerin, Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Myristate, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Talc, Cocoglycerides, (dl-alpha-) Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance).

May Contain:

+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007.

My coloring and skin type:

* MAC NC20-25
* Stila Shade D
* Bare Escentuals Medium Beige
* Sephora D22
* very oily

I've always been interested in trying Becca products as I've read many good things about the foundations and a few other products. So, I finally decided to give it a try, and purchased this in "Toast."

The consistency is nice, creamy, not too thick, and feels really nice, almost soothing. I feel this is due to the avocado oil and allantoin in the moisturizing formula.

It's a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizers I've encountered, which is several, but a bit lighter than most foundations I've come across.

I like light coverage, so I just use one pump from the bottle and apply using my MAC 187 stippling/skunk brush.

The coverage is nice and natural, very buildable, with no caking.

I also really like the that it has SPF25+ (despite what the claim says, the box reads SPF25+). This has not caused any irritation to my skin, which of course, is a bonus.

I really like that it's in a slim pump top bottle to keep the product as sanitary as possible, and that it has a simple, clean design. The double cap to ensure further cleanliness is nice too, imho. =)

I'm very impressed with this product.

Update 02/15/2007: Unfortunately, this did end up breaking me out, afterall. I thought that it wouldn't since most things that irritate my skin show up by the end of the night on the day I've tried it; however, this one took about a week. I started getting cystic acne, and once I stopped using this, the acne didn't get worse; two days of not using it, the acne began to clear up, slowly.
This may be due to my very oily skin, and so this product is just too rich in emoillients for my skin to handle well.
It may work great on other skin types, but I had to take this back.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by la_petite_pipistrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A really top quality light foundation—I'm a little puzzled by the reviews of the LSC as a tinted moisturiser, because I found the coverage was actually surprisingly pigmented, more so certainly than either the Prescriptives Traceless or the Stephàne Marais fluid foundation! The finish is *beautiful* and (when properly colour-matched) the effect truly is of naturally luminous (not greasy! not shimmery! not glittery or sparkly!) skin. I found lasting power quite good (I paired this with a silicon based primer), especially when set round the T-zone with a light dusting of translucent powder. It gave my dry skin a healthy glow, and didn't break me out (that said, I am not prone to breakouts). The only reason I've held off from purchasing a full size is the clinging scent of this product. It's certainly not bad; quite the contrary, it is a light and very pleasant fragrance... but the quietly pervasive quality began to give me a headache ere the day was over. Such a shame, because I really loved the high quality, silky texture and amazing finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LAWools

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The Becca line of cosmetics seems to stress that "less is more". If you need one of the primers, use it. If you don't, don't use it. If you have decent skin, you can get away with just the sheer tinted foundation, fine. But if you have areas that need extra help, use the stick foundation in those areas. Personally, I think it's a great line of cosmetics. I live in the Rocky Mountain west, high altitude, dry climate, spend lots of time outdoors, and in my 50's. I don't have oily skin, it's probably closer to "normal" and leans towards "dry" in the winter.I don't want a lot of coverage, just even out my skin tone and I love the fact there's such a high spf sunscreen in it, I don't have to use a separate sunscreen. When I use this tinted moisturizer/foundation I get compliments on how good my skin looks.My skin looks "dewy" and not matte (matte seems to really bring out the wrinkles and creases). I'll buy it know matter what the price, it works for me, and I'm still on the bottle of "nude" I bought a year ago.DON'T buy this if you want buildable coverage OR a foundation that covers any blemishes. That's the purpose of the stick foundation Becca offers.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by akao

I love Becca and I love this product. I also like that I can get a little bit of moisturizing in along with sun protection. Will keep buying.

The smell was a little overwhelming at first but I'm used to it now and don't think about it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 7:30:00 PM More reviews by lolak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product worked well for me in extremely humid tropical weather when I went on holiday recently and I am hooked. I do think that this is more of a tinted mopisturizer than a foundation as the coverage is very very sheer and just gives me enough color to even out any slight uneveness in skin tone. My sister tried this out and hated it, but she has oily skin and I think that this product is quite emollient, so it is probably best for those with normal skin types. It didn't make it me break out and the foundation comes in a hygenic pump. I don't know if it was just my bottle, but there wasn't an expiry date on the foundation and when it contains SPF, I usually want to know what the expiry date is, that's my only gripe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by julesforde

Great Product. My search for the perfect foundation ends here. It has lasted me nearly a year so, the price is definately worthwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by persa

So pretty!! Just beautiful lovely skin, not heavy. Great for just evening out the complexion

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by valngau

OK, I'll have to say you'll either love or hate this product. For starters, I like it for its sheer coverage, slight shimmer finish, SPF 20, great packaging and beautiful range of natural colors. What I don't like about it is that it's expensive and I found it to be a little greasy for my combination skin, so I can only use this during the cooler/dry months which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It goes on very smoothly and with a sheer coverage. It's great to even out my skin tone and give it a bit of a glow. I'm super-pale, and this is one of very few foundations I've found that actually matches my skin tone (porcelain shade). It is pretty expensive ($40/tube), but I guess I'm fine spending that much on something that really works, instead of half that much for something that doesn't do as good of a job. The package is great--it's a sturdy plastic tube with two caps: a small plastic cap, then a larger metallic cap. I wouldn't worry about it spilling during travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 2:44:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What a perfect product. I love the natural look and the giant color range. I can't wear liquid foundation because my skin is dry and it seems to show but with this tinted moisturiser I look naturally flawless. I think this is an easy, everyday staple item of HG status. It's a bit pricey but worth every penny. I use Becca Sand and dust Becca Angel shimmer lightly powder over it (hitting my cheeks 1st just to be safe). I look healthy, vibrant and younger than I am. It even evens out my freckles. Feels good on, very weightless and has SPF 20 for good measure. I will buy again for sure.