Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

on 3/24/2007 12:08:00 AM

This is a very dewy foundation, not everyones cup of tea. It looks lovely on, but is a little oily for my skin. It caused me pimples and congestion, so unfortunately I won't be buying it again, which is a shame cos it looks gorgeous on!

on 2/16/2007 6:07:00 AM

I just try this today and can not yet tell whether it will cause pimples(as some of you have experienced). But I can promise that it DOES stay almost whole day, and it has been a humid day. The most natural looking ever (if I may say so) in a bottle! Perfect for those summery months when I need only glow and not coverage at day time. I tried this without any powder on just to test on how long it would stay on. I tissued my face off prespiration twice today and the pigment of Becca LSC stay true. But I happen to have those rare 'perfect complexion' moment these last couple days,so I can't really say whether or not it covers redness. However I trully believe this is more a tinted moistuizer than foundation and in Australia I get a huge advantage off the SPF25. So far I've been faithful to my Stephane Marais Cream foundation; But there are times when a girl just refuse to have a made up looked face but also not too bare a face. At this particular moment she wants to show off her 'nice' side of the complexion,that is where Becca play that part. Still me but nicer :)
=UPDATE= I find myself reaching for this bottle a lot. It's not cuasing pimples or any rashes for my skin. I absolutely adore the texture and blend of this tinted moisturiser. Love it and will keep buying as lomg as they keep the texture.

on 2/10/2007 3:39:00 AM

What it is:

Luminous Skin Color SPF 20+

The Claim:

Luminous Skin Color is an ultra sheer foundation/tinted moisturizer that visibly improves the complexion, yet looks incredibly natural on the skin. It is multipurpose, offering skincare, makeup, and sun protection. It boasts a high SPF of 20+ that protects against over 96% of both UVA and UVB rays.

Price:

$40.00 each for 50 ml./ 1.7fl.oz. of product

Ingredients:

Toast:

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Homosalate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables), Glycerin, Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Myristate, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Talc, Cocoglycerides, (dl-alpha-) Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance).

May Contain:

+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007.

My coloring and skin type:

* MAC NC20-25
* Stila Shade D
* Bare Escentuals Medium Beige
* Sephora D22
* very oily

I've always been interested in trying Becca products as I've read many good things about the foundations and a few other products. So, I finally decided to give it a try, and purchased this in "Toast."

The consistency is nice, creamy, not too thick, and feels really nice, almost soothing. I feel this is due to the avocado oil and allantoin in the moisturizing formula.

It's a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizers I've encountered, which is several, but a bit lighter than most foundations I've come across.

I like light coverage, so I just use one pump from the bottle and apply using my MAC 187 stippling/skunk brush.

The coverage is nice and natural, very buildable, with no caking.

I also really like the that it has SPF25+ (despite what the claim says, the box reads SPF25+). This has not caused any irritation to my skin, which of course, is a bonus.

I really like that it's in a slim pump top bottle to keep the product as sanitary as possible, and that it has a simple, clean design. The double cap to ensure further cleanliness is nice too, imho. =)

I'm very impressed with this product.

Update 02/15/2007: Unfortunately, this did end up breaking me out, afterall. I thought that it wouldn't since most things that irritate my skin show up by the end of the night on the day I've tried it; however, this one took about a week. I started getting cystic acne, and once I stopped using this, the acne didn't get worse; two days of not using it, the acne began to clear up, slowly.
This may be due to my very oily skin, and so this product is just too rich in emoillients for my skin to handle well.
It may work great on other skin types, but I had to take this back.

continued >>

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A really top quality light foundation—I'm a little puzzled by the reviews of the LSC as a tinted moisturiser, because I found the coverage was actually surprisingly pigmented, more so certainly than either the Prescriptives Traceless or the Stephàne Marais fluid foundation! The finish is *beautiful* and (when properly colour-matched) the effect truly is of naturally luminous (not greasy! not shimmery! not glittery or sparkly!) skin. I found lasting power quite good (I paired this with a silicon based primer), especially when set round the T-zone with a light dusting of translucent powder. It gave my dry skin a healthy glow, and didn't break me out (that said, I am not prone to breakouts). The only reason I've held off from purchasing a full size is the clinging scent of this product. It's certainly not bad; quite the contrary, it is a light and very pleasant fragrance... but the quietly pervasive quality began to give me a headache ere the day was over. Such a shame, because I really loved the high quality, silky texture and amazing finish!

on 1/13/2007 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

The Becca line of cosmetics seems to stress that "less is more". If you need one of the primers, use it. If you don't, don't use it. If you have decent skin, you can get away with just the sheer tinted foundation, fine. But if you have areas that need extra help, use the stick foundation in those areas. Personally, I think it's a great line of cosmetics. I live in the Rocky Mountain west, high altitude, dry climate, spend lots of time outdoors, and in my 50's. I don't have oily skin, it's probably closer to "normal" and leans towards "dry" in the winter.I don't want a lot of coverage, just even out my skin tone and I love the fact there's such a high spf sunscreen in it, I don't have to use a separate sunscreen. When I use this tinted moisturizer/foundation I get compliments on how good my skin looks.My skin looks "dewy" and not matte (matte seems to really bring out the wrinkles and creases). I'll buy it know matter what the price, it works for me, and I'm still on the bottle of "nude" I bought a year ago.DON'T buy this if you want buildable coverage OR a foundation that covers any blemishes. That's the purpose of the stick foundation Becca offers.

on 1/9/2007 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Becca and I love this product. I also like that I can get a little bit of moisturizing in along with sun protection. Will keep buying.

The smell was a little overwhelming at first but I'm used to it now and don't think about it anymore.

on 1/7/2007 7:30:00 PM

This product worked well for me in extremely humid tropical weather when I went on holiday recently and I am hooked. I do think that this is more of a tinted mopisturizer than a foundation as the coverage is very very sheer and just gives me enough color to even out any slight uneveness in skin tone. My sister tried this out and hated it, but she has oily skin and I think that this product is quite emollient, so it is probably best for those with normal skin types. It didn't make it me break out and the foundation comes in a hygenic pump. I don't know if it was just my bottle, but there wasn't an expiry date on the foundation and when it contains SPF, I usually want to know what the expiry date is, that's my only gripe.

on 1/4/2007 5:28:00 PM

Great Product. My search for the perfect foundation ends here. It has lasted me nearly a year so, the price is definately worthwhile.

on 1/4/2007 1:31:00 AM

So pretty!! Just beautiful lovely skin, not heavy. Great for just evening out the complexion

on 12/5/2006 2:13:00 AM

OK, I'll have to say you'll either love or hate this product. For starters, I like it for its sheer coverage, slight shimmer finish, SPF 20, great packaging and beautiful range of natural colors. What I don't like about it is that it's expensive and I found it to be a little greasy for my combination skin, so I can only use this during the cooler/dry months which is great.