September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Siringo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this. I use it on my lashes, because I'm a fan of natural looks, and regular mascara is so messy and hard to take off. It makes my lashes a bit more defined, and it's a great precursor to curling. After sleeping with it on, it flakes on my lashes, but this is easily taken care of. I highly recommend for natural looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this all the time. I'm on my second tube of it. This is one of my favorite E.L.F. products. I usually set my brows after my foundation is on, so after awhile the brow gel turns a brown color (from my foundation) so I like that its two sided, so I can just switch to the clear new side when the other side is getting a bit nasty.
Unlike all the other drugstore clear brow gels, if it gets dirty there is NO second side. So I do like the way its packaged. I also think the packaging is quite good quality. I've never had it break on me or anything, and it closes very tightly - i wouldn't expect it to be so reliable with the price tag of $1 dollar! I use this to keep my brow hairs in shape, and overall make the appearance of my brows a bit more sharp, and cleaner.
One star off because the lasting power isn't great. I think if revlon made a clear brow setting gel in their "Colorstay" line that lasted 16-24 hours, and it wasn't more than $4 dollars, I would buy that over this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is pretty great. It's only $1 and the formula is actually good quality. It keeps my brows in place without feeling sticky, and there's no flaky aftermath. In my opinion, this performs better than Tweezerman Browmousse ($10), NYX Eyebrow Shaper ($8.75), and Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel ($6.50). I bought my first one online, and then repurchased in-person at Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyebrow gel, holds my eyebrows in shape all day long. On top of that it's only $1, whenever I'm about to run out I'll just go to target and grab another one. Even though it doesn't look like there's much product this actually lasts a long time for me, since I don't fill in my eyebrows everyday. I don't use the mascara side for my eyelashes(since they point straight down and I need waterproof mascara to keep them up and curled). I think both sides are pretty much the same formula with only the difference of differences brushes on each end.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by meowloryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this daily over MAC's Espresso powder on my eyebrows. It sets and grooms my brows very well. The price just can't be beat. BONUS: Since it's soooo cheap, I bought an extra to toss in my gym bag for a nice polished touch on my lashes and brows when I don't want a face full of makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by izz3rr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my everyday ELF products. I use it mainly for my brows along with brow powder. It keeps everything in line. It's cheap and it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Kc3558

Great for shiny lashes after shadow fallout, with no mascara "raccoon" eyes.
Great for subtle "office" eyes. Beautiful shiny, sculpted and tamed eyebrows.
I use one (both ends) for lashes and another for brows because i dont want to make a mistake. I buy tons at a time, because i use daily in the office. I luv this product! Plus does not irritate. GREAT! Just $1. Not alot of product though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 7:15:00 AM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a dollar, this is a really good product. I usually pick up a couple of them whenever I go to Target.

My brows are a bit strange. The hairs are a mixture of medium-toned very long hairs, and shorter, almost invisible, shorter hairs. To get the most natural look, I prefer to use a combination of brow powder (which primarily colors the skin underneath the brow), and something to darken the color of the hairs themselves.

When I buy a new ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara, I take just the tip of the spiral brush on the "brow end," and touch it to the tip of the spiral brush on my Maybelline Great Lash NON Waterproof Mascara. I then insert the brush back into the ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara tube, and pump it a few times. If necessary, I'll repeat the above once or twice.

I do this to tint the product a dark brown, but still transparent color - so that when I apply it to my brows, it darkens the hairs. However, because the color is transparent, it doesn't look unnatural and it doesn't clump up.

I keep the other end, the "eye" end, clear - and I use it to blend my real (VERY sparse) lashes with the false strip lashes I wear daily. Because it's not waterproof, it's easy to remove from the false lashes without damaging them, and because it's clear, doesn't make my lashes look "overdone."

This is a product I will continue to purchase, and use, as long as ELF sells it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSaunders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is great. It's perfect on my brows. Dries so that no one can tell im wearing anything. I use both ends and honestly can't tell the difference. They both work just fine for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most perfect brow gel I ever tried. I don't use this for lashes, just brows, both ends, can't tell the difference in performance between them. Before discovering this I was using Cover Girl clear mascara, and it was a little too heavy and flaky. Tried all the other ds clear mascaras and they were even worse than CG. Elf is my dream brow gel. Light yet strong holding, never flakes, brows keeps shape all day long with this and look totally natural, like no product is there, and I never need to fix anything. Dirt cheap and one tube lasts quite a while. I order them in bulk, afraid to run out; too bad it's not in any stores near me and I have to get it online. Groomed brows make such a big difference to my face that (along with tweezer, concealer and lash curler) brow gel is the most important product in my make up bag. Sadly just brushing them them without gel is not enough, so I have to have it.