October 22, 2014 | 1765 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Great stuff! Bought after reading reviews here--worked wonders on my cracked, dried lips! Will be using this on my nails also and see how it works.
Thanks MUA!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THis is too funny! I never thought anyone else was using this for lips. I've been using this for about a year now since I needed it while nursing and now that I no longer need it as a nipple cream i just use it for my lips. Hands down one of the best things for my dry chapped and sometimes cracked peeling lips. Lately I've been using this in conjunction with the Mary Kay Satin Lip mask and it has done wonders for my lip condition. More lipsticks look better on me because my lips are so smooth. Anyways, I usually squirt this into one of those mini lip gloss screw top jars and keep it with me at all times. I sometimes wear this over top of lipstick to add a nice shine that actually lasts a long time. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing stuff! For the first time in years I haven't had to deal with dry, flaky, peeling lips. Like reviewers before me, I feel as though I've tried everything and nothing truly works. But for the past four days my lips have felt and looked amazing, smooth and with a nice little sheen. It also doesn't spread to the area around my lips, which is nice because I break out pretty easily when that happens with other balms. It is thick and difficult to squeeze out of the package, but who cares???? It works! I can't believe what a relief it is to not be self-conscious about my flaky lips. It was a bit expensive for me at ten dollars, but since I need such a miniscule amount it will be cheaper than lip balms in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by EmmaW

This is an amazing lip treatment. I used to have really sore, dry lips all the time, whatever I used (and I have used EVERYTHING - Origins, Elemis, Chanel, Ren, Murad, Decleor, etc as well as things like Carmex and Vaseline), but this actually moisturises my lips instead of just sitting there. I still have to reapply quite often, but I don't mind that at all, although the huge tube is a bit of a pain to carry around. My only complaint is that when it's cold it's a bit difficult to get out of the tube, and you have to rub it in well to avoid white residue, but that is a small price to pay for soft, comfortable lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been through a lot of Lansinoh with my two boys (FWIW, it makes a GREAT barrier diaper-area ointment, too), but I only recently started using it on my lips and cuticles. This stuff is a MIRACLE. I put it on at night before bed and it's still there in the morning. My lips hardly dry out and flake anymore. If I use it on my cuticles 3 times a week or so, they look amazing, too--and I wash my hands about 20 times a day, not counting dishes/cleaning. I have QTICA's cuticle cream and like it, but my cuticles like Lansinoh better.

I have read that even those allergic to wool can use this, as it's super-purified...that said, I'm not sure I'd rub it all over my lips without doing a test-patch first, if I were allergic.

Anyway, I love love love Lansinoh. My $7 tube has lasted me more than a year, and I've probably got 2/3 of the tube remaining. I don't have ANY other lip treatment that works this well or is this affordable over time. I wish it came in pretty colors so I could wear it to work, but alas, you can't have everything. (I would actually wear it to work if I weren't a lip color addict, truthfully--there's no yellowish cast, just a gentle sheen. It's thick and gloppy, true, but if that's the price I have to pay for smooth, happy lips, so be it.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by cem

Definitely THE best solution for dry skin, especially lips! Lasts for several hours and gives a healthy gloss to your sore lips! One tube lasted me one year and I just ordered three more.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by iiixvix

This product is amazing! There are so many different uses for it.

First off, this lanolin is exellent for the intended usage. I'd used this seven years ago while breastfeeding my firstborn, and have a tube on hand now for my second. Makes those first few weeks of breastfeeding so much easier!

Anyways, the tube is huge so I have more than enough left over. It is an excellent balm for very chapped and dry skin all over the body. I've used it on lips (apply overnight and you'll have smooth lips by morning), feet (apply after a shower before bed, toss on some cotton socks, and you'll have softer feet by morning), hands (I'm perpetually washing dishes... boo cracked knuckles!!), and even nose (chapped skin from blowing my nose a thousand times). It locks in moisture, it smoothes and soothes skin, it doesn't have a scent or dyes so does not irritate, and the tube is massive.

It can be a pain to get the last bits out of the tube, so I snip it across the end and use a spatula to put it in other containers.

This is something I definitely plan on buying again (and again!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Well, this stuff is awesome as a lip balm. It is SUPER thick --- so much so that even squeezing it out is a bit of a pain. It also lasts for HOURS. Seriously, I think I had it on for about 5 hours and it only now just came off because I washed my face / brushed my teeth. That was through eating and drinking, too.

I've now tried both the Medela lanolin and this lanolin (I'm pregnant and due shortly) and I honestly love *both* but they are quite different. This is pure lanolin and is, as I said, very thick. It works well and makes your lips look *great* As I said in my Medela review, and it's true of this, too, I never really got the point of lip balm before trying these beauties. Now I see how full it can make your lips look, I think I'm hooked! The Medela has other ingredients that make it a much thinner, gel-ier consistency. It's a bit more like a gloss, but not sticky. I'm not sure which I like better, I seriously think I love them both, but either way, what a great deal for something that works so well on chapped lips and looks so good over lip color. Like $8 for two ounces? Dude, that's a lot of lip balm. I definitely intend to repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE! So much better than anything I've ever used. So cheap. Easy to find. Will never use Paw Paw or any other over hyped lip balm again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome for chapped lips and also for dry nails, dry cuticles, feet and just about anything else that gets dry and chapped. My husband's finger tips split and crack in winter from dryness (it's his good excuse for never washing dishes!) and this has been very helpful for him. I use it at night time in winter on my lips and on my cuticles and it works so well to seal in moisture.

As another reviewer commented, the packaging is dreadful - a plastic tube with an impossibly tiny opening. This cream is thick at the best of times and during the winter, in a cold house, you cannot squeeze it from the tube without fear of the tube itself splitting or exploding. I've since cut the tube open and scooped the cream out into small jars so it is easier to get at and apply.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No