November 28, 2014 | 1236 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Scotiabelle

No difference to any other cream. Use it far too quickly for the price and annoying that it doesn't rub in but just sits on your skin. I did buy one jar and thought it was good enough to buy another giant jar but am now at the end of the second jar and no not a year later as advertised. Keep your money and buy a lovely face mask instead much better for dehydrated skin...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, I do put rather a lot of value on the opinions of reviewers on this site! To answer a lot of my own questions like "is La Mer really just Nivea in a slightly different colour and smell?" I went out, bought La Mer Creme & Nivea, sat and did the sniff/feel/emulsify test (they are quite distinguishable - Nivea is waxy and smells more floral) and have trialled both for 1 month La Mer, one month Nivea.I can say that Nivea is a fantastic barrier cream. Seriously, nothing gets beyond the layer of waxy goodness, but I don't think it's fantastic stuff to be putting on your face unless you are going for that super-shiny look. Australia is pretty dry & windy and I was fairly amazed at how much debris blows on to your face during the day. Nivea use allowed me to examine this in detail as it trapped all of this debris beautifully in my makeup. It did very little for my under-eye wrinkles, and no firming qualities whatsoever. La Mer - meh. I just don't see the hype, and really couldn't see any difference in performance from the Nivea. La Mer just smells a bit less like Nana moisturiser. So for what it's worth, I would be more likely to buy Nivea again before La Mer. Seriously at what? $300 per month? That's $3600 per year which would buy you a very nice handbag. The way I figure it is, you can't see your own face when you're walking along, but you can see the handbag! I'm taking all of your advice again, and giving the Retinol ResQ range a go next, wish me luck!

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goodness, I love this stuff. Me, with the sensitive skin. Me, who can't use mineral makeup or anything with shea butter ( I take my chances with my hand cream!) on my face. Me, with the acne prone skin that is dry and oily at the same time.

I get pretty good results from the peels and various exfoliations I do - but I heal SO much faster with La Mer. And I glow!

Nivea's not the same thing. I tried to make my own sub with Skinactives. Not the same thing. Both products are fine in their own right, BUT, my skin just loves loves loves La Mer. I just have to scramble to find a way to keep affording it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I wanted to try this for ages! I finally did last week, and red bumps across my cheeks seems to be the thanks I get;( Your mileage may vary but I'm stickin' to Nivea, no bumps, and can still pay the rent after I buy a new blue tin.

Edited June 2013, well hope springs eternal and I suffer from a dry skin condition, so when I was given another sample during allergy season, my even drier skin prompted me to give it another go. Honestly I patch tested and again redness, irritation. I can use it on my neck but only actual scaffolding is worth the price for that area.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing.
First bought this cream when it first came out and found it too heavy for my skin which was, at the time, classic combination. I found it sticky and wet feeling on my skin, as if it never absorbed.
Years later, my skin has become drier and sadly flares up with roseacea. So I thought my skin and la Mer would be a better match!
Still no joy. Yes, it smooths my dry patches but so does rose hip oil. But it is still wet and sticky on my skin. I want to grab a towel and wipe my face clean. I live in the city so hate to think of all the grime it is attracting.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avoid this at all cost if you have oily/acne prone skin even if if you are over 40 years old.
It worked miracles after a bad wax job on my upper lip though when the lady yanked the strip off and my skin went with it. I applied La mer on burned area and it was healed in three days with zero scarring/discoloration. Those areas that were fine that I applied this on? Major whiteheads, blackheads and zit breakouts I had to have extracted.

This worked miracles for my aunt and cousins who had skin rashes due to dehydration and severe dryness. Those with skin asthma sing these praises too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fashionfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good cream for my dry skin. I certainly don't have any complaints about the hydration. My skin always felt nice in a sort of richly cared for sort of way. The texture is thick and balmy as opposed to being truly creamy and as a guy, I felt that this made the application a bit annoying and overly complicated. I didn't notice any type of miraculous change occur in my skin during the year or so that I used the product. My skin maybe had a sort of glow to it but most definitely nothing that any other rich cream couldn't do. All in all, this is an overpriced and overhyped "cult" cream that lacks in any of the current "anti-aging" skin care advancements. I would probably not repurchase it as one could, quite frankly, do much better for his or her money. I will keep searching for my HG face cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by DDBB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Background:
I'm 27 Asian girl with normal-combination-dehydrated skin and few cystic acne due to hormonal imbalance. Some times if i use too rich cream, my skin would become oily but if use gel moisturiser my skin just go dehydrated even though i already put serum underneath. I have been using whole set skII for 5 years (well it cleared up my acne eventhough i have to be passion coz in the first 6 month the acne flared up but after that the skin just went smooth) but since last year been experienced dehydration with the skin. Winter in the sydney also doesnt help since the wind my skin more dehydrated and everytime i laugh i can feel my face as if being pulled & stretch.

I tried all skII products(from cellumination mask to skin to LXP cream), laneige, kiehls, dr hauschka (coz i saw a good review of it), estee lauder, decleor, rosehip oil, dr lewins, clarins, la prairie, shiseido, kose, egyptian cream, sbu uemura but the results were if not clogged up the pores then my skin just become more dehydrated then before..

Purpose of buying Creme de la mer Moisturizer:
Treating my dehydrated skin without have to slap 5-8 layers of products every morning and night (which is so common in asian products). I don't have any wrinkles yet so cant talk about that.

Review of the cream:
Yes it's expensive! I did have a thought that i must have been insane to buy this pot after reading the dailymail cost just 25 and have same ingredients with nivea. well, if you google there're also some bad reviews about it too. Oh, about nivea, i did try as well but it's more harder to spread and clogged up my pores. Anyway, back to Lamer, this cream has helped my dehydrated skin. This is the 4th day im using day and night. I use this after Clinique Clarifying Mild Lotion (I dont want to put alcohol during winter time since it'll caused the skin more drying and flared up acne. Also I don't want to use my SKII Clear lotion because i feel it makes my skin drier). All I could say that my skin starting to go back to its healthy state and i couldn't be more happier.
Well, if you want to try i would say give it a try..you wouldn't know if you dont try as everybody skin just different.it might not work for others but it might work for you =)
Will do some update if my skin goes bad ^__^

Review after 2months using it:
I love my skin more and more =) because this cream has bring life to my skin. I didn't experience clogged up the pores at all and i still used this while experienced cyst acne but it didn't make it worse. i noticed combine with vit c serum it help the pimple marks get lighter faster. Another thing that i found also my pitted scarring wasn't as deep as before. Overall, i found my skin quite hydrate and didnt experience flakiness while using this cream. My 30ml pot already go halfway after 2 month using day and night. So prob, I need to buy another pot after 2-3 months.

Review after 4months:
Sydney get into summer now eventhough sometimes still cold, windy & raining, my skin still dehydrated somehow...Also now im finding this creme too rich..Then one day i decided to get Emerge Laser to get rid of the scarring. Due to the clinic girl recommendation i use Dermalogica soothing pack set for a week before back to my normal skincare regime. So after a week, i back using this lamer creme..after a week i found my skin more dehydrated & red & raw & blotchy then i panicked coz u know the story behind this la mer was a NASA scientist who got into the lab accident then created this legendary creme who helped his skin and he died with smooth skin.Of course i got hight expectation and i was confuse because the fact was the creme doesnt work with my skin that have had a laser treatment...or probably it only work for scarring skin from chemical accident...i dont know...anyway i move on now to dermalogica product using the soothing toner, priori serum/lamer hydrating serum & multiactive cream and find my skin in its happier state now..plump, smooth , healthy& hydrate. While for la mer creme, it still half pot to go..so i'll keep it till winter come and if my skin dehydrated i will give it a try again...It's good to try but prob i wont stock it again..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by connieconnie

This is definitely the most expensive cream I've ever bought, but it is too much for me...
I have combination skin, when I apply this it gives enough hydrate for my cheek but too much for my T-zone.
If you are around 20 and have combination skin, I wouldn't recommand this but you could try the gel one which I also want give a try.
This price is expensive and packaging is very good, the little jar is very very heavy and I love the design that you could put the little spoon under the box, but its too heavy for travel....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by addobbins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this product to help fade my acne scars. It works wonderfully for that purpose. I am still suffering from acne and it does not cause me an breakouts which is amazing! My skin is very sensitive also and this does not irritate. The only thing I don't love is after about 7 months of use I noticed it wasn't hydrating as much.(could even be the weather or another product) but I noticed my skin was getting dry so now I rotate this with neurogena soothing cream which works great too. I give this 5 stars because I will continue to buy and use this. I've tried the serums by la mer also but didn't notice too much difference.