October 1, 2014 | 1358 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I wanted to try this for ages! I finally did last week, and red bumps across my cheeks seems to be the thanks I get;( Your mileage may vary but I'm stickin' to Nivea, no bumps, and can still pay the rent after I buy a new blue tin.

Edited June 2013, well hope springs eternal and I suffer from a dry skin condition, so when I was given another sample during allergy season, my even drier skin prompted me to give it another go. Honestly I patch tested and again redness, irritation. I can use it on my neck but only actual scaffolding is worth the price for that area.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Disappointing.
First bought this cream when it first came out and found it too heavy for my skin which was, at the time, classic combination. I found it sticky and wet feeling on my skin, as if it never absorbed.
Years later, my skin has become drier and sadly flares up with roseacea. So I thought my skin and la Mer would be a better match!
Still no joy. Yes, it smooths my dry patches but so does rose hip oil. But it is still wet and sticky on my skin. I want to grab a towel and wipe my face clean. I live in the city so hate to think of all the grime it is attracting.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by cremebrulee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avoid this at all cost if you have oily/acne prone skin even if if you are over 40 years old.
It worked miracles after a bad wax job on my upper lip though when the lady yanked the strip off and my skin went with it. I applied La mer on burned area and it was healed in three days with zero scarring/discoloration. Those areas that were fine that I applied this on? Major whiteheads, blackheads and zit breakouts I had to have extracted.

This worked miracles for my aunt and cousins who had skin rashes due to dehydration and severe dryness. Those with skin asthma sing these praises too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fashionfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good cream for my dry skin. I certainly don't have any complaints about the hydration. My skin always felt nice in a sort of richly cared for sort of way. The texture is thick and balmy as opposed to being truly creamy and as a guy, I felt that this made the application a bit annoying and overly complicated. I didn't notice any type of miraculous change occur in my skin during the year or so that I used the product. My skin maybe had a sort of glow to it but most definitely nothing that any other rich cream couldn't do. All in all, this is an overpriced and overhyped "cult" cream that lacks in any of the current "anti-aging" skin care advancements. I would probably not repurchase it as one could, quite frankly, do much better for his or her money. I will keep searching for my HG face cream.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by DDBB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Background:
I'm 27 Asian girl with normal-combination-dehydrated skin and few cystic acne due to hormonal imbalance. Some times if i use too rich cream, my skin would become oily but if use gel moisturiser my skin just go dehydrated even though i already put serum underneath. I have been using whole set skII for 5 years (well it cleared up my acne eventhough i have to be passion coz in the first 6 month the acne flared up but after that the skin just went smooth) but since last year been experienced dehydration with the skin. Winter in the sydney also doesnt help since the wind my skin more dehydrated and everytime i laugh i can feel my face as if being pulled & stretch.

I tried all skII products(from cellumination mask to skin to LXP cream), laneige, kiehls, dr hauschka (coz i saw a good review of it), estee lauder, decleor, rosehip oil, dr lewins, clarins, la prairie, shiseido, kose, egyptian cream, sbu uemura but the results were if not clogged up the pores then my skin just become more dehydrated then before..

Purpose of buying Creme de la mer Moisturizer:
Treating my dehydrated skin without have to slap 5-8 layers of products every morning and night (which is so common in asian products). I don't have any wrinkles yet so cant talk about that.

Review of the cream:
Yes it's expensive! I did have a thought that i must have been insane to buy this pot after reading the dailymail cost just £25 and have same ingredients with nivea. well, if you google there're also some bad reviews about it too. Oh, about nivea, i did try as well but it's more harder to spread and clogged up my pores. Anyway, back to Lamer, this cream has helped my dehydrated skin. This is the 4th day im using day and night. I use this after Clinique Clarifying Mild Lotion (I dont want to put alcohol during winter time since it'll caused the skin more drying and flared up acne. Also I don't want to use my SKII Clear lotion because i feel it makes my skin drier). All I could say that my skin starting to go back to its healthy state and i couldn't be more happier.
Well, if you want to try i would say give it a try..you wouldn't know if you dont try as everybody skin just different.it might not work for others but it might work for you =)
Will do some update if my skin goes bad ^__^

Review after 2months using it:
I love my skin more and more =) because this cream has bring life to my skin. I didn't experience clogged up the pores at all and i still used this while experienced cyst acne but it didn't make it worse. i noticed combine with vit c serum it help the pimple marks get lighter faster. Another thing that i found also my pitted scarring wasn't as deep as before. Overall, i found my skin quite hydrate and didnt experience flakiness while using this cream. My 30ml pot already go halfway after 2 month using day and night. So prob, I need to buy another pot after 2-3 months.

Review after 4months:
Sydney get into summer now eventhough sometimes still cold, windy & raining, my skin still dehydrated somehow...Also now im finding this creme too rich..Then one day i decided to get Emerge Laser to get rid of the scarring. Due to the clinic girl recommendation i use Dermalogica soothing pack set for a week before back to my normal skincare regime. So after a week, i back using this lamer creme..after a week i found my skin more dehydrated & red & raw & blotchy then i panicked coz u know the story behind this la mer was a NASA scientist who got into the lab accident then created this legendary creme who helped his skin and he died with smooth skin.Of course i got hight expectation and i was confuse because the fact was the creme doesnt work with my skin that have had a laser treatment...or probably it only work for scarring skin from chemical accident...i dont know...anyway i move on now to dermalogica product using the soothing toner, priori serum/lamer hydrating serum & multiactive cream and find my skin in its happier state now..plump, smooth , healthy& hydrate. While for la mer creme, it still half pot to go..so i'll keep it till winter come and if my skin dehydrated i will give it a try again...It's good to try but prob i wont stock it again..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by connieconnie

This is definitely the most expensive cream I've ever bought, but it is too much for me...
I have combination skin, when I apply this it gives enough hydrate for my cheek but too much for my T-zone.
If you are around 20 and have combination skin, I wouldn't recommand this but you could try the gel one which I also want give a try.
This price is expensive and packaging is very good, the little jar is very very heavy and I love the design that you could put the little spoon under the box, but its too heavy for travel....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by addobbins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started using this product to help fade my acne scars. It works wonderfully for that purpose. I am still suffering from acne and it does not cause me an breakouts which is amazing! My skin is very sensitive also and this does not irritate. The only thing I don't love is after about 7 months of use I noticed it wasn't hydrating as much.(could even be the weather or another product) but I noticed my skin was getting dry so now I rotate this with neurogena soothing cream which works great too. I give this 5 stars because I will continue to buy and use this. I've tried the serums by la mer also but didn't notice too much difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by gaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've had La Mer in my closet for over 6 months, but never used it! I think the first time I tried it, I thought it was thick, didn't absorb and made me too oily, the only thing I liked was the fragrance. However I decided to take it with me on holiday as my skin was getting a bit dry and thought I'll use it if my skin was too parched from being in the sun too long. I was in Mauritius for two solid weeks and I used it every night and morning instead of my regular moisturisers underneath sunblock and on its own at night (Ive always used skin ceuticals skin firming cream for night and md formulations anti-oxidant gel for the day). I applied the cream using the the right method, warm between the fingers and press firmly on my face, eyes and neck. I instantly felt refreshed and smooth, I loved the scent. After two weeks of continuous use I could say my skin is visibly brighter, even toned and very hydrated. The creme costs a bomb but I was definitely loving it so got one more jar at Dubai duty free! I continued to use it as I got back from holiday and I can truly say its keeping my skin very dewy, even toned and perfect for make up application. I love it! I will never be without it. I'm chucking my other moisturisers in the closet, just in case.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by MichaelK

This stuff is crap.

You people who say "This is my HG...blah blah blah..." are seriously crazy.

This stuff is around $140 for 1 oz!

Yes, you heard that right!

One of the first ingredients is Mineral Oil!
It has nothing special in it!
Its rating is a 3.5, 55% will buy again!
3.5 out of 5 is 70 out of 100.
Your paying 140 dollars for less than a C product

I suggest (strongly) switching to Nature's Gate- Oh what a Night cream

Its phenominal for a tenth of the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by DessertQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this cream to work for me especially based on all the rave reviews.
This cream just sat on my skin and really didn't do anything for me… followed the directions by warming the cream first etc.
I used the moisturizer at night and lotion during the day.. no glow, no results… its really too bad.
Disappointed I was wandering the counters for a new cream and I fell on the Darphin brand.. Never heard of the this brand.
I was given enough samples to last 2 weeks and let me tell you I instantly noticed a difference! Really the next morning and since then my skin has been glowing, soft, moisturized.. Must try girls~
I have been using the tangerine Aromatic Dry Oil with Arovita C firming cream WOW