July 30, 2014 | 2092 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by DessertQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this cream to work for me especially based on all the rave reviews.
This cream just sat on my skin and really didn't do anything for me… followed the directions by warming the cream first etc.
I used the moisturizer at night and lotion during the day.. no glow, no results… its really too bad.
Disappointed I was wandering the counters for a new cream and I fell on the Darphin brand.. Never heard of the this brand.
I was given enough samples to last 2 weeks and let me tell you I instantly noticed a difference! Really the next morning and since then my skin has been glowing, soft, moisturized.. Must try girls~
I have been using the tangerine Aromatic Dry Oil with Arovita C firming cream WOW

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer is absolutely phenomenal. I thought the mineral oil in this product would clog my acne-prone, severely sensitive skin, but it did just the opposite. I was expecting to wake up the next morning with a face full of pimples, but instead I had glowing, clearer skin with shrunken pores!!! I LOVE this moisturizer!! Someone very special to me gave this to me for my 23rd birthday, and I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to try this product. I'm in love!

I wish I didn't have to scoop the product out with a spatula very single time, risking contamination from the particles in the air, but I make sure I NEVER allow my fingers of go anywhere near the jar or the lid itself.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by shantal2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the creme de la mer, since nothing seems to work for me. It felt heavy but didn't break me out. But I did notice some little bumps on my skin. It did reduce the pore size and made my skin smoother. But if u are looking for something with anti aging properties and repair any damages this will not do so much for ur skin. There are many good choices out there with great anti aging ingredients.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

La No. I tried this in my late twenties and now that I've entered my forties. Same effect now as then. Greasy, dehydrated skin with an overall feeling of irritation. If you don't have particularly dry or sensitive skin, this may work well for your skin. Just didn't do it for me.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by blarneystone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been very wary of the 'miraculous' claims made for and on behalf of this product, so tried a sample pot three years ago with low expectations. Unfortunately for my wallet, I was immediately hooked. I have reasonable skin (on the dry side now, can be a little sensitive but pore size and overall texture not too bad), and this product had an immediate smoothing and nourishing effect which left it with a very discernible dewy 'glow'. This has not diminished with continuous use, unlike many other products I've used where you need to take a break after a year or so.

It's fantastic for winter use, when constant temperature switches and the dehydrating effects of central heating can wreak havoc, though can be a little heavy for daytime summer use when heat and humidity can tend to make you 'glow' anyway. I'm planning to switch to the Lotion just for summer, should it ever stop raining in the UK and warm up a bit.

I was less impressed with the Eye Cream and will probably go back to Shiseido Future Solution for eyes (my previous all-time favourite regime), but the Hydrating Serum has also impressed me and I will probably continue to buy it, god help me. It is undoubtedly a shamefully overpriced product, and I almost hate the fact that I've been seduced by it, but I have been.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in a store in Amsterdam when on holiday. I hate to burst the bubble here but this is overpriced rubbish. Look at the ingredients list. If you saw this in a cheap cream you probably wouldn't go near it but because it's La mer. It moisturises ok, but so does vaseline which this produt contains. Listed near the top of the ingredients is MINERAL OIL, one of the cheapest ingredients there is!! Not to mention the amount of eucalyptus oil which is concerning And it's fragranced,fragrance is not skin care.Any goodness in this cream and it has it's good points are wasted anyway due to the jar pakaging. The ingredients will not remain stable during use.That's why I'll only use tubes or pumps. I wouldn't ever waste my money on this. I didn't even finish the sample.The ingredients said it all!!! Women must get away from the notion that expensive is best. This is a classic example of this. Consumers who have a "steadfast devotion " to this product are not only wasting their money, they're doing their skin more harm than good.You don't even need to sample a lot of these face creams, just read the ingredients.At the end of the day, this is just a CREAM and no cream can perform miracles.

15 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Tiwi1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree that this product can get mixed reviews.I am a moisturiser junkie, so I have tried all the big brands moisturisers. My skin is a combination skin and throughout my teens and up to 35 years old it was prone to acne, as much as I was on antibiotic for a few years
I am in my mid forties now and my skin is not as oily as it used to be. I have been using Creme de La Mer for 3.5 years and I LOVE it! It moisturises my skin without leaving it oily, doesn't give me acne and it feels soothed. People always guess my age as 30 years old ! I know part of it is because of genetics but La Mer has helped.

On the other hand .. my younger sister has a very dry and very sensitive skin and I thought La Mer would help her ... it was a shock that it left her skin red and inflamed within hours!

Definitely experiment with the best moisturers for your skin, as everyone's skin is different.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by michailkas21

I had a sample of 7g and it last me about a week, the cream is thick but you can spread it easily itmakes my skin soft but nothing else.Cream de la mer is simply a good moisturizer, It realy soothes the skin, but this can be happened with cheaper creams likes the cream fraiche from Nux or the ultra facial cream from kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Annie234

DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN EMPTY LA MER JAR? (I REALLY NEED ONE TO TRANSFER MY SAMPLES INTO :))
IF YES, I AM WILLING TO BUY IT OFF YOU (I HAVE PAYPAL :))
PLEASE INBOX ME!! THANKS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I don't believe in miracles. But this is one.